• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Bshs...certainly look to have huge depth this year and great talent... but have still rolled out the same game plan poor coach

Darvo

Peter Burge (5)
Best players for BGS on the day.

Mcreight
Gilbert
Hogan
and surprise of the bunch - year 11 player Borger playing off the bench

Darvo

Peter Burge (5)
Im also hearing that the up and coming flanker Harry Deveraux had an absolute blinder witch some big ball runs and hard hitting defense.

Frank Nicholson (4)
BGS - Hugh Arthur.
Injured during trials last year but adding some serious grunt to the engine room.
New y11 tight head , good first hit out.

Frank Nicholson (4)
Re-read my post and it doesn't read well.
Hugh Aurther - lock
PI lad in head gear - tight head.

Slimjim1966

Frank Nicholson (4)
Best players for BGS on the day.

Mcreight
Gilbert
Hogan
and surprise of the bunch - year 11 player Borger playing off the bench

Borger yellowed carded twice , 1st one unlucky as he was on the end of a number of peniaties , 2nd one a spray at the ref. Still had an impact while he was there

Darvo

Peter Burge (5)
Borger yellowed carded twice , 1st one unlucky as he was on the end of a number of peniaties , 2nd one a spray at the ref. Still had an impact while he was there

I meant for the time he was on the field he did look promising. Maybe needs a bit more size but the skill is there. I think he needs to work on his attitude towards the ref though. Too many times last year he was done for back chat. Maybe just a maturity thing.

ojm16

Frank Row (1)
I did notice a few BGS boys in their school uniforms on the sideline of the trial game. Max Eiszele, Ollie Shepherd both injured. But I also did notice rising star Logan Ullrich who must have an injury or is resting for GPS Cross Country that occurred yesterday. Keen to see what he has to bring to the team and the engine room of the forward pack at the next trial.

Jimmy Richards

Frank Row (1)
Im also hearing that the up and coming flanker Harry Deveraux had an absolute blinder witch some big ball runs and hard hitting defense.

Honestly I didn't see Devereaux do much. Not sure why he's in the starting team maybe apart from injuries to the other players. For sure Borger did more in the few short minutes he was on the field. Hopefully next trial he will pick it up (that is if he is in the team)

I

Ippy 15As

I did notice a few BGS boys in their school uniforms on the sideline of the trial game. Max Eiszele, Ollie Shepherd both injured. But I also did notice rising star Logan Ullrich who must have an injury or is resting for GPS Cross Country that occurred yesterday. Keen to see what he has to bring to the team and the engine room of the forward pack at the next trial.

Never heard of him ojm, what position does he play? He can't be very big if he is looking to make an impact at the cross country.

Sean McCain

Stan Wickham (3)
Never heard of him ojm, what position does he play? He can't be very big if he is looking to make an impact at the cross country.

I attended GPS cross country yesterday and saw a BGS boy being taken away by the ambulance, I heard it was due to him passing out through exhaustion on the final lap. Assuming it was Ullrich, looked fairly solid. Once recovered he will prove to be a vital asset to the BGS forward pack this season. Starting No. 4?

Frank Nicholson (4)
He would have to be quiet the unit to take Hugh Arthur's spot at 4.unless of course Arthur was re-positioned. Looks like BGs has some options in the forwards but not sure how much depth they have for 1&3.
I'm told that Eizke was last years first choice hooker before a season ending injury. Also told that he has played prop in the past but match fitness might be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.