• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Word has it that Nasser from GT has been having private scrummaging lessons with wallabies scrum doctor Mario Ledesma to improve his set piece play. My opinion is if that facet of his game is improved, his game will go to another level and Aussie schoolboys recognition will surely follow.

If he's yr12 best he gets a wriggle on as they pick the Aussie schoolboys in about 5 weeks.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
On the Murray Taulagi question, the ex-player (and current teammate of Murray's) said: "Murray has been absolutely shredding in Premier Colts. There's no way he misses out on Queensland"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So King who is this guy?? Never seen nor heard of him in Premier Colts??

You sure your source is correct??

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Word has it that Nasser from GT has been having private scrummaging lessons with wallabies scrum doctor Mario Ledesma to improve his set piece play. My opinion is if that facet of his game is improved, his game will go to another level and Aussie schoolboys recognition will surely follow.

Spot on re everything you said. I'm not 100% I believe the "private lessons from Ledesma" line, but I think set piece is the only thing holding him back from really making a fist of it. His running game was a lot of fun to watch.

A complete package Nasser would have to be a fair shout for the Schoolboys.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
So King who is this guy?? Never seen nor heard of him in Premier Colts??

You sure your source is correct??

He's JJ Taulagi's little brother. He's entering his second year of First XV at BSHS. I can assure you he's played Premier Colts this season instead of the State High preseason.

He'll be one to watch *IN MY OPINION*

(That last bit feels necessary right now)

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
He's JJ Taulagi's little brother. He's entering his second year of First XV at BSHS. I can assure you he's played Premier Colts this season instead of the State High preseason.

He'll be one to watch *IN MY OPINION*

(That last bit feels necessary right now)

Well according to the Qld Rugby Link the guy has never played a game in Premier Colts. I think their source would be more reliable than yours.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Well according to the Qld Rugby Link the guy has never played a game in Premier Colts. I think their source would be more reliable than yours.

Evidently not. Here is a photo of him playing fullback in Premier Colts v GPS.

He is pictured on the right, next to Alex Horan.

Here is the Rugbylink spreadsheet listing him as fullback: http://www.rugbylink.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/match.aspx?matchID=2734251&entityID=53087

Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 4.24.08 pm.png

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)

Here is the Rugbylink spreadsheet listing him as fullback: http://www.rugbylink.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/match.aspx?matchID=2734251&entityID=53087

View attachment 7918[/quote]

I'm sorry my mistake. He is there!

So he has played one game against a team that has not won a game and he is.....how did he put it...."shredding them in Premier Colts"

Of course he is......think integrity King, think integrity.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)

View attachment 7918

So he has played one game against a team that has not won a game and he is...how did he put it.."shredding them in Premier Colts"

Of course he is..think integrity King, think integrity.[/quote]

May have been referring to performances at training etc.? Not necessarily from a match play perspective.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
One day I'll have to make the hardest decision of my life, Sage.

The Courier Mail? or Fox Sports?

But thank you for acknowledging the quotation marks, announcing that these were the words of another..

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Do please try to stay on topic.

Please post in accordance with forum rules.

If you want to complain about a post, either hit the report button, or send a conversation to the original poster to discuss the matter privately. Most people on here are fairly reasonable. If no amicable settlement is able to be made via a G&GR conversation then bring it to the attention of the mods using the report button or a conversation.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Righto Hugh, I didn't bring the topic up, but ok. I have placed a report and I do want it followed though.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
BSHS and NC face off again this weekend less their players who are trying out in the GPS trials, should be an interesting gauge of the respective depths. Also the A & B teams through the age groups, could be one way traffic for the 13-15s unless NC have done some recruiting over summer.
Anyone know where it is being played as I'm pretty sure it's soccer at BSHS this weekend.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Melbourne Rebels website announces today that 202cm and 110kg BBC student Trevor Hosia has signed a senior contract with them and will return to Melbourne in 2 years time after his schooling. So that explains his absence from GPS trials

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Remember when he played in the rebel u15s against Brisbane purple. Thought it was a misprint having a 202 cm 15 year old lock.
The rebels must be nervous about him finishing off his schooling in QLD just in case they steal one back.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I wonder if Queensland will pick him for the Schoolboys if he's already signed elsewhere?

Maybe selectors will think they're robbing a local kid of the chance to be developed!

allblackseverything

Frank Row (1)
BSHS and NC face off again this weekend less their players who are trying out in the GPS trials, should be an interesting gauge of the respective depths. Also the A & B teams through the age groups, could be one way traffic for the 13-15s unless NC have done some recruiting over summer.
Anyone know where it is being played as I'm pretty sure it's soccer at BSHS this weekend.

This match should be very interesting. Apparently NC have a lot of injuries and this may be a problem, with a lack of depth. BSHS on the other hand, have great depth. So I know its only a trial, but I expect to see BSHS give it to NC.

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
I think I'd take Churchie by four points. It would be a fantastic game.

Always tough to compare teams like this. You did it well though King. I think the ultimate difference is the opportunity offered to the players post school. I could be wrong but not sure that NRL U20 was a thing in 2009. It was only recently NRC became a pathway and now Super U20s. Would have been interesting if all these opportunities were available for that State High side.
Add to that opportunity is the coaches and who they take with them. Coaches like to pick players they have coached previously. It's no fluke so many players Gilmore coached at Churchie played in Qld U20 recently with him as head coach. Thompson helped out IGS in recent years and no surprise Rodda and co are getting a go now too. After all that, it is a coincidence that Thompson and Gilmore coach Aust 20s and those players get a gig again. Gilmore is so keen on Harley Fox he was played recently and given every chance when he wasn't anywhere near the top of his game. The ability of most of these players can't be faulted but that extra little boost always helps.
Bringing it back to 2015 and Philpotts is the Aust schools coach as well as BBC and no surprise a heap of BBC players make the cut. Wallace at TSS is part of the set up too and there's always a TSS boy or three in the picture too.
In the end, let's hope the collapse of NRL U20 keeps more of our players in rugby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.