• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)
Chris has started light training after not being able to train the entire term.
There are more than you have listed returning for BBC.
Henry has a back injury and is not training at BBC, fingers are crossed that he will recover for the start of the season.
BBC are playing Churchie today at Churchie is an across all age groups,1st's kick off at 3pm.

Slimjim1966

Frank Nicholson (4)
Also, the new monster prop at TSS is called Samuel Dobbs. He turned 18 in March, and as far as I can tell started at TSS this year - he was in Canberra finishing Year 12 in November last year.

Here's his youtube clip - it is absolutely must watch: http://bit.ly/1P0wero

Here is some light reading, from 2012 to 2014:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/powerhouse-teen-picks-up-judo-as-a-core-motif-20121021-27zsn.html

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...unique-dual-international-20140621-zsduh.html

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...ng-olympic-dream-in-judo-20141017-117iex.html

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...sues-act-brumbies-career-20150613-ghn7jn.html

View attachment 7894

So if understand the "headmasters agreement" he must be a full fee paying student

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Sat down last night with a former team-mate of Jaydn Su'a's last night to watch his Broncos debut. Looked like he had a tough one - the Tigers really tried to rattle him by sending runners through his channel all night.

The former team-mate also told me that Brendan Malala was too old to play First XV this year? I'm not sure if I believe it, so hoping someone else can confirm.

I also learnt that Matthew Faessler from Toowoomba is returning this year, so he would be my first choice for Queensland. My ex-player also chose Declan Day to start at Loosehead.

I asked whether Tristan Stanghorn would be a bolster for Queensland, to which he replied "I think he'd be a bolter for Australia. He's really bulked up this year, he's much stronger". Combine that with his ability to run great lines and combine with support, Stanghorn might be this year's Dylan Riley on that approximation.

On the Murray Taulagi question, the ex-player (and current teammate of Murray's) said: "Murray has been absolutely shredding in Premier Colts. There's no way he misses out on Queensland"

I showed him the video of TSS import Sam Dobb, and his reply was "Thank Christ I've graduated. He'll play Australian schoolboys for sure"

<section removed after post edited by the OP>

This conversation took place over many hours and many beers, but I thought his views would interest the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watched Stanghorn today .yes he is much bigger and yes he does run great lines. ACGS have a new 3 and new 5 both good players from Mackay starting grade 11 i was told

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Mr King
when you get a chance can you let me know your thoughts on who would have won a match between BSHS 2009 team ( 8 aussie schoolboys) and 2014 ACGS team (with 1 nrl player and 4 or 5 aussie under 20 players)

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
BBC v ACGS yesterday
1) BBC won 13A ,14,& 15 A by big margins and squeaked home in 16A and Firsts ;
2) allow yourself an hour to park in burbs and walk to grounds at ACGS - parking a disgrace;
3) ACGS have good depth as they won the 2 nds with BBC having 4 certain 1st xv players returning from injury in the 2nds ;
4) can anyone believe the injury count across all schools already? Heard there was a bad injury to a BSHS player as well .
5) BBC already down to 3 rd choice number 10 and still cant find a 7 ;
6)3rd match they have been badly beaten at breakdown .

BBC will not get near TSS and Other top teams unless their 10 ( last years 9) returns from injury and they find a fit !,fast ball scavenger 7)

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
4) can anyone believe the injury count across all schools already? Heard there was a bad injury to a BSHS player
The injury level has been unbelievable. NC- 2 x shoulders. 2 x knee. 2 x concusion. 1 x ankle. And have only played one full game against BSHS. So I guess the training has been physical.

properjob

Allen Oxlade (6)
The injury level has been unbelievable. NC- 2 x shoulders. 2 x knee. 2 x concusion. 1 x ankle. And have only played one full game against BSHS. So I guess the training has been physical.
Not just the size but the physicality of the lads nowadays is amazing! The defences are much more offensive than passive with some serious hits! It really adds to the importance of boys pre season prep ( s&c etc) obviously that won't stop all injuries but may help (however that does mean pre season impacts on other sports possibly)

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Not just the size but the physicality of the lads nowadays is amazing! The defences are much more offensive than passive with some serious hits! It really adds to the importance of boys pre season prep ( s&c etc) obviously that won't stop all injuries but may help (however that does mean pre season impacts on other sports possibly)

Well said
some of the tackles at NC/BSHS were shuddering.
If BSHS have luck with injuries they will be right up there this year.
ACGS doing something right - over last 2years they have had great run with injuries. essentially only 4 players in 2 years I understand.NC got that in one match last year!

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I've found a starting team for State High. Still hunting Nudgee's, but it shouldn't be too far away.

1. Lloyd Gorman
2. Clinton Malolua
3. Moses Alo-Emile
4. Victor Tualima
5. Rico Aliva
6. Bryce Luff
7. Nesta Mahina
8. Patrick Tafa
9. Neal McNamara
10. Lachlan Stewart
11. Shea Lalagavesi
12. Jarett Hepehi-Karini
13. Rory O'Shea
14. Jordan Metekingi
15. Murray Taulagi

(Relations of Paul Alo'Emile, Tuaina Tualima, Quinton Mahina, Liam McNamara, Josateki Lalagavesi, and Jamie-Jerry Taulagi present in the team - just saying)

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
I've found a starting team for State High. Still hunting Nudgee's, but it shouldn't be too far away.

1. Lloyd Gorman
2. Clinton Malolua
3. Moses Alo-Emile
4. Victor Tualima
5. Rico Aliva
6. Bryce Luff
7. Nesta Mahina
8. Patrick Tafa
9. Neal McNamara
10. Lachlan Stewart
11. Shea Lalagavesi
12. Jarett Hepehi-Karini
13. Rory O'Shea
14. Jordan Metekingi
15. Murray Taulagi

That's a very good team that will challenge for the title this year if they can keep injuries to a minimum.
They were shaded by the NC backs on Saturday, but the State high forwards were very dominant at set piece. NC will need to find the balance in their tight five if they are going to be contenders this year. Too much mobility not enough grunt.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
That's a very good team that will challenge for the title this year if they can keep injuries to a minimum.
They were shaded by the NC backs on Saturday, but the State high forwards were very dominant at set piece. NC will need to find the balance in their tight five if they are going to be contenders this year. Too much mobility not enough grunt.

The NC forwards particularly in first half seemed more like the 2nd XV combo trialling for spots in Firsts. I see the injury list probably contributed to this. At this point i am surprised that the NC backline is not firing to what I think their potential is.

BSHS have the weight up front and probably dominated scrum and work over ball because of that. I thought BSHS struggled in line outs as not a lot of options drilled into them yet. Backs went ok, but terrible defensive structure in broken play in my opinion.

properjob

Allen Oxlade (6)
Disagree on 1st half scrums thought they were comparable, in fact both loose heads had the mark on the opposition tight heads! Mind you it would be hard to get a comparable size pack than State high anyway so best play to your strengths and keep working on areas that can be perceived as a weakness! Ps: both back lines at times looked sharp!

Status
Not open for further replies.