• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean McCain

Stan Wickham (3)
Wouldn't quite call McReight's injury the "Grammar Captain curse". From what I saw, he should be back soon if not next week. Some very interesting decisions from the coaches today: Masselos and Arthur played in 2nd XV and Arthur went to Inside Centre during the 2nd half of the First XV. No matter what, I'd have these 2 players in my starting side at #1 and #4 respectively. Captain McReight gave it absolutely everything today - could hardly run in the 2nd half cause he was so buggered. #3 for BGS had a solid game and showed that he can physically match older boys despite being in Year 10. Injuries to Baker and Traves have depleted the outside back stocks for BGS. Not sure what happened to #13 Gilbert during the 2nd half.
Great games played by #3, #5, #10, #13 and #14 for GT. Complete performance.
NC vs GT in final round will be an absolute cracker!

When was the last time GT won at Ross Oval???

Masselos played seconds due to Mitch Straker filling in the hooker spot and Max Eiszele playing prop. Hugh Arthur only just came back from injury which is why he played seconds and didn't start on for the firts. Tom Gilbert taken off due to reckless behavior in the first half, the coach did not look impressed.

Wesley

Frank Row (1)
Wouldn't quite call McReight's injury the "Grammar Captain curse". From what I saw, he should be back soon if not next week. Some very interesting decisions from the coaches today: Masselos and Arthur played in 2nd XV and Arthur went to Inside Centre during the 2nd half of the First XV. No matter what, I'd have these 2 players in my starting side at #1 and #4 respectively. Captain McReight gave it absolutely everything today - could hardly run in the 2nd half cause he was so buggered. #3 for BGS had a solid game and showed that he can physically match older boys despite being in Year 10. Injuries to Baker and Traves have depleted the outside back stocks for BGS. Not sure what happened to #13 Gilbert during the 2nd half.

GT vs NC is at Tennyson - not Ross Oval.

Sean McCain

Stan Wickham (3)
Cracker of a debut for #7 Will Borger (BGS) making good hits and sizing up against much bigger boys. If he gets a bit more size for next year he will be one to look out for.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Just poppin in for your yearly reminder that BBC never have or will win a solo premiership

Just reminding you that GT has not beaten BBC in 3 years and you were probably one of the GT people who left early last year when the margin got out to over 25 points before GT got a couple of consolation tries when the reserves came on.

LetsbeReasonable

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just poppin in for your yearly reminder that BBC never have or will win a solo premiership

I don't think it is great form to say that they never will win. The boys read these and it has nothing to do with them as individuals so it would be great if people could please refrain from saying blanket statements like that.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Yes lost 13-12 after knocking back 3 penalties in front and losing all 3 line outs from 5 mtrs out

As Rod Kaefer says "respect your points "

Yes ironic that BSHS who are the great entertainers won by a point because they
Took the penalty
But there was more to it than that
BBC set piece was poor as was kicking game . They play a robotic type of game .

Wolseybaby

Frank Row (1)

i disagree, number 8 for state high looked like he got a concussion early in the game as he seemed very disorientated. Then he got kicked in the head again and stayed down. i would say he most likely has a concussion, and doesnt that mean he must stay out for a fairly large amount of time?

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
i disagree, number 8 for state high looked like he got a concussion early in the game as he seemed very disorientated. Then he got kicked in the head again and stayed down. i would say he most likely has a concussion, and doesnt that mean he must stay out for a fairly large amount of time?

Usually 2 weeks in schoolboys. But must be seen by a medical officer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
Good work kid - ask mum and dad for another fish ice cream - it must have been terrible drawing with BGS in your under 11 game today

Thanks mate, it a tough performance against a BGS side that were as slippery as the fish that then salted our post game ice cream.
-Red&Black (Captain of the U11C's)

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
But hey.........credit to BSHS . I had them as my pick at the start of the season and despite the fact they still have NC and TSS ahead of them , I feel yesterday's game was one of , if not THE biggest "bearer games" on the Premiership.

BSHS's midfield were outstanding and they delivered the goods at critical junctures in the game

BBC had their chances but didn't grasp them .

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
But hey...credit to BSHS . I had them as my pick at the start of the season and despite the fact they still have NC and TSS ahead of them , I feel yesterday's game was one of , if not THE biggest "bearer games" on the Premiership.

BSHS's midfield were outstanding and they delivered the goods at critical junctures in the game

BBC had their chances but didn't grasp them .

100% agree
That is a big( very big) fast midfield with great linespeed.
What suprised me was their composure under pressure in last 10 minutes and the fitness of the forwards. I was sure they would wilt after halftime.
2 key moments were when bbc declined penalties in front and lost lineouts on each occassion.BSHS heads were down at that point- but there were a few little niggles and a stream of penalties slowed the match their way and changed the match.it was bbc that lost structure and composure. not the same team i saw outscore tss 3 tries to 2.

If BSHS have no further injuries( doubtful)they could go all the way- but if you watch the 2nds it seems they have no ( nil) depth left .
It seems bbc may have lost their 3 best players to injury so they may beat churchie but not GT/ IGS .Ikatu a huge, huge loss .
Nudgee and TSS have the best depth as GT 2 nds lost yesterday . I think TSS can do it - they have a brilliant 2nds and minimal injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.