• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Any thoughts on quality of teams this year?

I thought you were pretty spot on. I'm not sure many teams this year would beat their 2015 versions - Gregory Terrace, State High and probably Toowoomba Grammar are the only teams to have really improved their squad.

I quite like that it's so even. It seems that every school has imported roughly equal levels of talent, so the playing field is all very exciting.

Not sure we'll see too many Wallabies out of the class of 2016, though.

Would anyone have guessed the amount of success state high first XV produced this season.

Some of us did. See below

Ladder prediction (July 19)

1. The Southport School
2. Brisbane State High High School
3. St. Joseph's College, Gregory Terrace
4. St. Joseph's Nudgee College
5. Toowoomba Grammar School
6. Brisbane Boys' College
7. Anglican Church Grammar School
8. Ipswich Grammar School
9. Brisbane Grammar School

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Can’t say I saw an undefeated season for NC being on the cards in this age group – but they still need to get past GT to secure it. I am not sure I actually believe NC are the best team in the age group – although having beaten BBC and TSS this season it is timely to point out they have never lost to GT – in a real game - ever.

Agree with all you say. Very strong even under 15 comp this year. BGS very good as well.The 15 A match between BBC v NC where all BBC had to do was kick it out to win was of a very high standard.
I expect many of these boys to be in 1st xv next year BUT have the QRU identified them ??

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 10.47.42 AM.png

It's a funny old competition.

#1 was beaten by #6
#2 was beaten by #7

And both will probably share a Premiership.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
I thought you were pretty spot on. I'm not sure many teams this year would beat their 2015 versions - Gregory Terrace, State High and probably Toowoomba Grammar are the only teams to have really improved their squad.

Ain't that the truth !

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
View attachment 8441

It's a funny old competition.

#1 was beaten by #6
#2 was beaten by #7

And both will probably share a Premiership.

Probably? I think everyone is getting too far ahead of themselves. BSHS have lost ONE game all season. Don't get me wrong every terrace and nudgee boy will be part surfer this weekend but a betting man would surely back state high for the solo title.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I'm predicting State High to lose to Southport.

Southport came within a try of Nudgee and they only showed up with 20 minutes to play.

Nudgee had State High beat until final play (still reviewing tape but it seems that way so far)

State High have already won, so the stakes are low. Southport need a win to win the premiership, so stakes are high.

If Southport play the full 70 minutes I think they can beat State High by six points.

I also think Terrace have the firepower to blow Nudgee off the pitch, but I can't see that happening. Terrace will scrape through that game, delivering us a three way tie with Nudgee in fourth.

In my very humble opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Probably? I think everyone is getting too far ahead of themselves. BSHS have lost ONE game all season. Don't get me wrong every terrace and nudgee boy will be part surfer this weekend but a betting man would surely back state high for the solo title.

Honestly I am more worried about beating NC, I think TSS are better than BSHS and will prove it Saturday.

BAG

Slimjim1966

Frank Nicholson (4)
Agree, I think TSS will account for BSHS comfortably
GT by a point due to home advantage
IGS over BBC
And BGS to sneak a win up the range , tough match for TGS v Downlands last weekend

Leaving the ladder as

=1 BSHS
TSS
GT
4. NC
=5. BBC
IGS
=7. TGS
BGS
9. ACGS

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Gregory Terrace have named a full strength lineup for the big dance.

1. Oliver Macklin
2. Harry Birgan
3. Joshua Nasser
4. Ed Paynter
5. Harry Wilson
6. Tom Kelly
7. Seamus Tweedy
8. Harry Webster
9. Sam Kirk
10. Isaac Lucas
11. Jordan Rogers
12. Bailey Ralston
13. Hoani Ford-Stevens
14. Will Eadie
15. Byron Ralston

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)

Wow -what a fantastic run with injuries (and their 2nds have won only 1 match). Reminds me of ACGS only using 18 players last year.
I expect TSS to be one down from full strenth & with Gorman back-BSHS at full strength..
Good luck to GT -a few other schools would love to be in that position.
Was it 6 or 7 BBC had out last week?and ACGS must be at same number(but not the quality of rep boys out)

Outside in

Frank Row (1)

1. Oliver Macklin
2. Harry Birgan
3. Joshua Nasser
4. Ed Paynter
5. Harry Wilson
6. Tom Kelly
7. Seamus Tweedy
8. Harry Webster
9. Sam Kirk
10. Isaac Lucas
11. Jordan Rogers
12. Bailey Ralston
13. Hoani Ford-Stevens
14. Will Eadie
15. Byron Ralston
Would GT finishing the season 5 wins & 3 losses be acceptable or underachieving?

Webbodactyl

Stan Wickham (3)

1. Oliver Macklin
2. Harry Birgan
3. Joshua Nasser
4. Ed Paynter
5. Harry Wilson
6. Tom Kelly
7. Seamus Tweedy
8. Harry Webster
9. Sam Kirk
10. Isaac Lucas
11. Jordan Rogers
12. Bailey Ralston
13. Hoani Ford-Stevens
14. Will Eadie
15. Byron Ralston

Jordan Rogers broke his hand vs BBC and will not be playing this weekend

TheViewFromTheHill

Frank Row (1)
BBC 10 should've played to conditions in the first half, it was howling and yet he opted to run, they struggled to get outta their half a few times as the terrace back row played havoc in the tackle ball area. They were magnificent! BBC fullback was caught out a few times on defence. Bad game plan BBC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What now for the head of BBC sport who also masquerades as head of rugby and the rowing programme? Failures in both this year won't be going down well at Toowong! All the new polo shirts and jackets looked nice though,but still the same result as the last 62 years. Which coach will he try and poach next? No matter who it is, they won't be happy being watched over every time training is on and being told who to select every week. He should stick to what he knows, which is not much about rugby. Maybe he should have stayed with girls rowing.

Old Rugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
He's been named in the team sheet published here? His hand looks pretty fine to me

No. He is out. Brave kid.
Broke it in the first tackle in BBC game but played on.
Replaced by JJ (11) who filled in for Ralston (12) who may or may not be back.
Le Grande (10) may feature against his old school if Ralston out
Otherwise some Under 16 players may have to front including
Cross(12) and Hartland (15)
Should be a beauty. Safe game all

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
resulting in 3 way shared premiership: BSHS, TSS and NC.

Taipan, what happened to Josh Preval? He was named as a starter at the start of the season but seems to have been replaced by Tyrell Douglas-Denduck.

Is he hurt or just out of favour? I believe Tom Blackmore is in the same position.

Whisperer

Frank Nicholson (4)
What now for the head of BBC sport who also masquerades as head of rugby and the rowing programme? Failures in both this year won't be going down well at Toowong! All the new polo shirts and jackets looked nice though,but still the same result as the last 62 years. Which coach will he try and poach next? No matter who it is, they won't be happy being watched over every time training is on and being told who to select every week. He should stick to what he knows, which is not much about rugby. Maybe he should have stayed with girls rowing.

Wow, what an obnoxious post. Given to injuries this season it is only the depth created by the program that has kept them competitive. Only a couple of years ago a BBC first XV would have folded against NC when they got a openly you to take the lead with a minute to go. Much progress indeed. And had a couple of tries not been awarded at the end of the GT game in dubious circumstances, we may have had a similar outcome there. The BBC Spirit is alive and well and it comes from the boys and the leaders!!

Status
Not open for further replies.