• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby_4_life69

Frank Row (1)
hey guys was dropping my grandson off at swimming yesterday i had a quick glance over at the 1st xv and couldn't help but see the big names of phoenix hunt Xavier soil Joe small all being on the side line looking like they where with the injured group but i also saw Angus Henderson up with the main group can any else confirm if this was Angus

Can confirm Angus (hendo) Henderson was in the starting line up

Rugby_4_life69

Frank Row (1)
Lets just ignore the trolls.
In other news i heard 2016 15A nudgee boy Ethan Robbins (#10 i believe) has been having a run in nudgees XV. Can anyone confirm this? He certainly looks like he has the skills (and the looks ;)) to perform in the XV. Lucky im not still in my playings days, would love to grab ahold of him in the ruck !! ;)

Can confirm.

Geoffrey Cummins

Frank Row (1)
Terrace first XV
1. Hector Funaki
2. Nick Rex
3. Malvin Mavega
4. Harry Wilson
5. Ben Clifford (Cause hes a 6 foot 3 Beast)
6. Cam Howard
7. Will Roach
8. Aiden Latter

9. Will Kirk (Matchett is overrated)
10. Matt L G
11. Max Poteri
12. Dan Condom
13. Tyrone Metgdufu - shweup
14. Aiden Latter
15. Aiden Latter

I really wouldn't be surprised if former Met West outside centre, Benjamin Fredericks gets a run in this outfit @Matt Wilson. Fredericks plays a similar style to Robbins and damn, he sure looks the same as him too.;)Fredericks hasn't missed a strength and conditioning session all preseason and has put on 17.38kg from his weigh in in last years testing. It's certainly not going to be an easy year for the GT selectors as Tyrone Metgdufu - Shweup will contest Fredericks for this jersey!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ok, I've just banned and suspended a bunch of posters who were being immature. I've deleted relevant posts too.

A reminder to review our rules here:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/rules-of-the-schoolboy-forum.5407/

If you take issue with a post or poster then report it, don't respond, and we will deal with it.

As it turns out there were some potentially decent contributors who have gone because they got sucked in by the trolls.

Learn from it.

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
Terrace first XV
1. Hector Funaki
2. Nick Rex
3. Malvin Mavega
4. Harry Wilson
5. Ben Clifford (Cause hes a 6 foot 3 Beast)
6. Cam Howard
7. Will Roach
8. Aiden Latter

9. Will Kirk (Matchett is overrated)
10. Matt L G
11. Max Poteri
12. Dan Condom
13. Tyrone Metgdufu - shweup
14. Aiden Latter
15. Aiden Latter

"overrated" is tough call. Don't want to be a sook, but these are just kids.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Must be that time of the year. Welcome to the 2017 class of GAGR trolls.

SOLE, if memory serves me correctly then Soli was a distributing centre, playing outside the crash and bash of Tom Gilbert in the QLD U15s of a few years back.

I would have presumed #10 to be a natural fit for his skillset but happy to stand corrected. Is he any relation to Latrell?

King,

yes Xavier is Latrells brother. Was big as a 12 yr old then never grew like Latrell. Very skillful so he could make the transition as a 10.

Geoffrey Cummins

Frank Row (1)
Any predictions for the Terrace and or BSHS lineup in the U15 this year ?

Gonna be a hard year for selectors for sure, here are some boys who will certainly feature in this U15's outfit:
Jack Ruddy
Oli Rodgers
Dan Smethurst
Jack Moore
Moses Rahini
Chris Moresary
Sam Lang
Quincy Saupaia
Jason Lee
William Baker

Terrace have got themselves a fresh batch of recruits for the U15's however their attitudes and attendance to training has been poor from what I've heard around the office...

Hilltop View

Peter Burge (5)
King,

yes Xavier is Latrells brother. Was big as a 12 yr old then never grew like Latrell. Very skillful so he could make the transition as a 10.

I don't think we will see him at 10 for Nudgee but does have great footwork at the line, certainly expect to see him in final 15 but more likely at 12 or 13 which would be my pick for him.

TheBoatHat

Frank Row (1)
Gonna be a hard year for selectors for sure, here are some boys who will certainly feature in this U15's outfit:
Jack Ruddy
Oli Rodgers
Dan Smethurst
Jack Moore
Moses Rahini
Chris Moresary
Sam Lang
Quincy Saupaia
Jason Lee
William Baker

Terrace have got themselves a fresh batch of recruits for the U15's however their attitudes and attendance to training has been poor from what I've heard around the office.

I believe Terrace have a bunch of rep players from both league and union but none of them have made your list?? Certainly some main key players missed in that choice of players.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Seems like a load of bollocks . Outside of the previously mentioned 2 x State High transfers it looks like the same team as last year pretty much

Interesting though that a couple of the backs want to play at 7 and 8 ( one of them being the best back IMO and maybe amongst the top names in a back 3 for the age group ) which may leave them a little thin outside , although , one of the State High lads seems keen to play in the Centres so all may be work itself out just fine

The three question marks for Terrace 15's this year are :

1. Can they win enough ball with a league centric / ball running back row ( if the guys get their wish as to where they want to play ) - not that there is anything wrong with having hard running loose forwards - but is defensive work rate and breakdown work rate high enough to have a fuller impact?

2. Have they got finishers out wide that are best in show

3. Have they got a kicking game to chew territory and get out of trouble

And right now IGS and BSHS still figure to be better in these critical categories

Rugbyrugby1

Bob McCowan (2)
Might be a bit irrelevant. But I have heard Downlands will be very strong this year. I have heard they have being investing alot of money into the rugby department. Can anyone confirm this?

MrFootyLegend123

Stan Wickham (3)
Might be a bit irrelevant. But I have heard Downlands will be very strong this year. I have heard they have being investing alot of money into the rugby department. Can anyone confirm this?

Well they only just beat the NZ touring side that grammar smashed so either grammar are really good, Downlands weren't fielding a full strength team or they just aren't that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.