• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
TSS Vs NC - After NC demolition of Churchie last week it is hard to go past them to win. Agree with Sage above NC aren't flashy but they trust each other to do the job. I initially thought that Churchie had a bad day but in reality, NC didn't allow Churchie to play. NC took every half chance they got and turned it into points. The back row and 4 and 5 just worked their buts off. The Half and 10 then directed the team around the park.
NC to win by 10
BSHS to win by 20
ACGS Vs BBC While I think BBC will win it won’t be as easy as many think. BBC by 7

GT V TGS – Terrace by 10

Taipan

Chris McKivat (8)
Gotta remember there are only two "Get Out of Jail" cards in Monopoly, not three. So I think maybe something else may be happening.

I have watched two of the games mentioned above and yes there is certainly a case that GT and BBC were the better side (didn't see the TGS game). Their scrum was better, line-out superior and general play was more attacking; for me I felt that both of these teams (BBC & GT) were going to score at any time, but they didn't, why? How do you win a game of rugby with 35% of possession and 42% of the territory? Never really seen that before; goes against "dry up their ball and you'll win" theory! Your just not supposed to win games with those sorts of stats (or indeed come close to winning them).

And Nudgee is not superior to TSS's in the line-out and scrum, general play and will struggle all day with them. But in schoolboys rugby the best teams don't always win. I think part of the answer is Nudgee's defense, the trust they have with each other and their self belief must be very high at the moment. That's all I can put it down to. (Not much of a rugby theory! or explanation)

My head says TSS by 8 points but my heart says Nudgee in another close one by 3. We will see how they wake up tomorrow morning and who blinks first.

NC by 3.

In the other games State High by 15 points

BBC by 15 &

GT by 10.

Good luck to all over the weekend. I shall be at the game of the round stirring up these Coasties as only The Sage can do ;)
I concur.
The 2017 FirstXV is not the 'biggest team' Nudgee has produced in the last 5 years, however, it's the defence which has been outstanding this year. Team unity and self belief is also at an all time high. Led admirably by Captain Phoenix Hunt.
Remember "A Champion team will always beat a team of Champions."

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
BBC to beat ACGS; GT to beat TGS and BSHS to beat BGS.
To the main game... it will be a cracking game no matter who wins. TSS are the favorites and NC will have to play out of their skins to win - but they play a high energy game so can do it.
NC's mobile forwards will have to get more numbers to each break-down to match it with the bigger TSS pack and their backs will have to move up fast to cut down the space for TSS's backs .
TSS though can play any game and I can see Pareta turning NC around with smart kicking until NC dont rush up and he lets loose his centres. But if he is pressured and gets his kicks wrong, beware the returns by Bennett.
In the end, I think TSS will win because they can play smarter football, not just playing to their strengths but by playing to opposition weaknesses.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
PREMIERSHIP DECIDER

ScreenHunter 39 Sep. 02.jpg

ScreenHunter 38 Sep. 02.jpg

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
More changes to BBC?Where is the Captain - Cullen ,the 7 Kibble and the left wing?
That is not good to lose 2 Aussie schools players and your fastest player. Could spell an upset

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
More changes to BBC?Where is the Captain - Cullen ,the 7 Kibble and the left wing?
That is not good to lose 2 Aussie schools players and your fastest player. Could spell an upset

So many injuries, not good for combinations or morale - I think this will be closer than people think and it's old boys day at Churchie which will further help the home team.

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
TSS roar home to win 34-22 after trailing 15-12 at the break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NC had it in the bag leading 22-12 midway through 2nd half with Australian schools rep #12 Lolesio in the bin for a spear tackle. Also Parata continued to have an off day with the boot. TSS won the day with their heavyweight forward pack scoring 3 tries from close range pick and goes with 2 tries to #3 who must be at least 120 kgs. Also credit to #5 Van de Schyft who dominated the lineout - a future Simmons or Sharpe in the making. So if they both win next week, a shared premiership.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
TSS won the day with their heavyweight forward pack scoring 3 tries from close range pick and goes with 2 tries to #3 who must be at least 120 kgs.

Zane Nonggor is 187 cm and 136 kilograms. And 16 years old.

What's even more incredible is that he played the full 70 minutes and apparently does so each week.

Pabl0 Chac0n

Bob McCowan (2)
If Nudgee First XV put as much effort into there game today instead of video footage on social media they would've had a chance...great motivation it worked...for TSS

John Locke

Bob McCowan (2)
If Nudgee First XV put as much effort into there game today instead of video footage on social media they would've had a chance.great motivation it worked.for TSS

The video was cheaper than a State High Scholarship, to quote a comment. I feel as if the video had nothing to do with the performance and that every nudgee player left everything on the field, but with a tight five half the size of TSS, they just got outmuscled. Fair play to both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.