• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2018

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
R1 this weekend.Any tips??.
TSS at home to ACGS-could be tougher than most think.
All rep layers are fit as are 10 & 8 who pulled out.
TSS by 15 over ACGS
BBC by 3 over GT
IGS by 5 over BGS
NC by 15 over BSHS

TSS 2nd xv to be undefeated for 5th year in a row.

TSS lost to Churchie in the last game last year. Churchie were undefeated in the 2nd XV

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
R1 this weekend.Any tips??.
TSS at home to ACGS-could be tougher than most think.
All rep layers are fit as are 10 & 8 who pulled out.
TSS by 15 over ACGS
BBC by 3 over GT
IGS by 5 over BGS
NC by 15 over BSHS

TSS 2nd xv to be undefeated for 5th year in a row.

TSS at home to ACGS-could be tougher than most think. Agree this will not be a walk in the park for TSS.

TSS by 5 over ACGS
GT by 7 over BBC
IGS by 5 over BGS
NC by 20 over BSHS

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Great to see GPS rugby getting some recognition in the Courier Mail this week with Jim Tucker doing a story each day on one of the schools as part of the 100 years of GPS. He is doing a season preview this Sat and will review each round the following Tues.

Assuming two games will still be streamed each week , this is fantastic exposure for the sport , schools and boys playing.

Well done !

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
TSS at home to ACGS-could be tougher than most think. Agree this will not be a walk in the park for TSS.

TSS by 5 over ACGS
GT by 7 over BBC
IGS by 5 over BGS
NC by 20 over BSHS

Yeah agree - Churchie might have the only pack that can compete with TSS’s pack

4 x QLD Schoolboys a piece - and both lucky not to have another 1 or 2 forwards each in QLD Schools

Oldschoolpete

Frank Row (1)
The I4 result might be different next year

The Stingers are the best team in U13 Rugby. I’m reliably informed that a number of these boys are on the move to Brisbane Schools

There are a few obvious standouts that have caught the attention as early growers do ( but to be fair they are also very skilful ) but the best are the 10 and 7 who don’t capture as much obvious attention.

Diminutive but devastating for the age

Garry Owens, if I may add some info. The representative team for the Sunshine Coast region is called Stingrays.

However the U13 team from the Sunny Coast that has been having a lot of success is from a club called Saints. So far they have had success against Sunnybank, Logan, BBC and Nudgee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
Garry Owens, if I may add some info. The representative team for the Sunshine Coast region is called Stingrays.

However the U13 team from the Sunny Coast that has been having a lot of success is from a club called Saints. So far they have had success against Sunnybank, Logan, BBC and Nudgee.

I watched the Saints play Nudgee under 14 last week they were very good. Got out to a solid lead in first half but I think Nudgee might have got them in the last half. Nudgee lads had been in training camp for 3 hrs before kick off and were missing a few regular A team members but was a good close game. Well done Saints Interesting note the Saints had a female forward playing and she was good. I reckon good chance that she is the first woman to ever play rugby on the hallowed Ross Oval.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
O'k fools paradise here we come!

TSS at home against Churchie, ahhhh TSS by (spin the wheel) 12; Churchie at home would have been closer.

BBC at home against Terrace. I think this one, Terrace by 5 (sorry BBC).

Ipswich at home against BGS. OMG!!! does this get any harder? IGS the perennial disappointments and punters nightmare against the always consistently average BGS. Going IGS by 10; just because they (Ippy) tend to be good at the beginning of the season before fading.

NC at home to BSHS. Despite the build-up for some over Highs fortunes this year; this is a no-brainer NC by 17.

Good luck to all!

Geoffrey Cummins

Frank Row (1)
BREAKING NEWS OUT OF GT.

Daniel Condon (QLD 1) has injured his hand at training - set to miss R1 at Miskin. A big blow for the red and black.
Likely replacements:
- Donnelly
- Ott (played for city 2015)
- Vaihu to 12 and Duffy comes in on the wing

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
BREAKING NEWS OUT OF GT.

Daniel Condon (QLD 1) has injured his hand at training - set to miss R1 at Miskin. A big blow for the red and black.
Likely replacements:
- Donnelly
- Ott (played for city 2015)
- Vaihu to 12 and Duffy comes in on the wing

Oh well that helps my tips immensely! Ahhh the "kiss of death" (just come my way).....
That's why I only said Terrace would win by 5 points rather than the outlandish HOUND who said they would win by 7!!! (trap for young players that, WHAT).

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
TSS by 17 over ACGS
BBC by 2 over GT - the game winning try coming in the last minute of play
IGS going down by 3 to BGS
NC by 22 over BSHS

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
BBC by 2 over GT - the game winning try coming in the last minute of play

The real question here, for mine, is can the winner of the 'Match of the Round' at Miskin Street take the momentum and mount a serious challenge to TSS/NC

I guess a red and black victory on Sat would produce a quick answer the following week at the Terrordome

R&B by 7

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
I think TSS will thump Churchie by plenty, haven't really seen anything from Churchie that says otherwise, happy to be proved wrong. TSS by 25 +;
GT to win on the back of a strong forward pack, BBS outside backs unreal however everyone knows where the game is won, GT No 8 is a workhorse, GT by 9;
IGS by 5 only on the basis of playing at home, could go either way, no confidence in this;
NC by 9, hearing a couple of NC rep players out however very good depth to cover most positions, not a star team however will be top 3 by seasons end.