1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' started by terry from Townsville, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Oracle83 Ted Thorn (20)

Yeah mate been there done that, move on yourself - FFS you reckon a bloke called blue and white is a BBC supporter ?
    Hound and Roberts Rugby like this.
  2. TheKing Colin Windon (37)

3. Ronald Reagan Bob McCowan (2)

4. TheKing Colin Windon (37)

Democracy in action.

For what it's worth, here were my votes and how they differed from the "consensus"

15. Dion Samuela
    14. Trezman Banjo
    13. Jack Howarth
    12. Lukas Ripley
    11. Hamish Roberts
    10. Reesjan Pasitoa
    9. Kalani Thomas
    8. George Gibson
    7. Ngiyaani Waters
    6. Jock Thompson
    5. Marlon Jones
    4. Wilson Blyth
    3. Zane Nonggorr
    2. Harry Vousty
    1. George Blake

I don't think the result was too badly schewed, in the end. Obviously the TSS boys got around their team but all the other schools had that option too.
  5. fairplay Watty Friend (18)

Can somebody list the team selected for those that are not subscribed to the CM? Thanks.
  6. Aussie Luke Herbert Moran (7)

7. Aussie Luke Herbert Moran (7)

What a complete joke..
    Roberts Rugby likes this.
  8. fairplay Watty Friend (18)

Once again, can any kind soul please post the CM team. This is supposed to be a rugby forum, not clickbait for subscriptions.
  9. D'Lite Full Herbert Moran (7)

Here you go sir. Not sure on the spellings of some.

15. Dion Samuela
    14. Bowen-Bowyer
    13. Jo Jo Fifita
    12. Lukas Ripley
    11. Hamish Roberts
    10. Syrus Schmidt
    9. Kalani Thomas
    8. George Gibson
    7. Ngiyaani Waters
    6. Van der Schyff
    5. Marlon Jones
    4. Wilson Blyth
    3. Zane Nonggorr
    2. James Durheim
    1. George Blake
    fairplay likes this.
  10. D'Lite Full Herbert Moran (7)

Based on the games I viewed, I would have had Walker and Howarth in the starting team. And probably had one of the Nudgee or IGS flyers on the right wing. But they're all good players and the honorable mentions was a good list too.

The bench was Tierney (BBC), Vousty (TSS), Romano (BBC), Blyton (BBC), Nofoagatota (NC), Meyer (TSS), Pasitoa (NC) and Howarth (BBC).

They were all the 2nd choice in their respective positions. Howarth had 34.56% of the vote v Fifita with 38.79%
  11. Ottawa 10 Stan Wickham (3)

I think to many people down the coast voted more than once.……..
  12. Blue & white Darby Loudon (17)

Correct
    Could not give 2 shits about BBC -just making an unbiased point as a supporter of schoolboy rugby. And for what it is worth -the sportmanship shown at NC/BBC after match function was outstanding.
  13. Oracle83 Ted Thorn (20)

Agreed my point was to old mate whinging about BBC carrying in about what could have been when it was an unbiased B&W
  14. RustyT Frank Row (1)

Does anyone know what the wash up is regarding premiership or shared premierships from this Season Gps competition. Also who coached the team's etc.

1sts - Southport - Coaches etc
    2nds, 3rds
    16 A, 16 B
    15 A etc
  15. Hound Fred Wood (13)

Not 100% on 16A , B but will be close. Also GPS don't have a table for any team other then the 1st teams. Something along the lines of every boy must get a prize...

2nds - ACGS , NC shared
    16 A - NC , TSS shared
    16 B - NC
  16. fairplay Watty Friend (18)

Are we ever going to see a NSW AGPS winner play against the QLD GPS winner on a yearly basis?

Surely that can't be too hard to schedule each year. It is not like they are in different time zones. Its dumbfounding to me that we can't have a universal schoolboy rugby season on the east coast of OZ.
    Hound likes this.
  17. Rugrat Jimmy Flynn (14)

15 A state high undefeated 15 B Nudgee undefeated
    14 A Nudgee
  18. HJ Nelson Cyril Towers (30)

19. DRFC Bob McCowan (2)

14A IGS
  20. The Engine Room Peter Burge (5)

Can someone explain/enlighten me as to how a Nudgee schoolboy (who is only in Grade 11 I believe) is selected in the Brisbane NRC Under 19 side? I suspect the olde "development" card is being played but it is an insult to the Colts players (and who are the right age) who have toiled away over 20 odd games during the season to be eligible.