1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' started by terry from Townsville, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Sgt Slaughter Herbert Moran (7)

Hahaha luckiest - love it
  2. Sgt Slaughter Herbert Moran (7)

Don’t worry bud there’s always next year
  3. Oracle83 Ted Thorn (20)

Correct n for you there was always last year, n a 100% scholarship school with a 20% take up rate - congrats - we are stoked - players nailed it every game !!!
  4. fairplay Darby Loudon (17)

Its done fellas. Lets keep the post season talk polite.

I think BBC will have a good chance again next year.
  5. Gungenia Darby Loudon (17)

BBC 76 BSHS 14
    Ripley 4 tries . What a rabble BSHS - they were arguing with each other - and no one knew lineout calls .
  6. PPRugby Frank Row (1)

Well I think the only people that would disagree would be you, but your a parent & that is admirable.
    BBC forwards totally dismantled the BSHS forward pack in every position. I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure the experts like yourself would agree that games are won up front.

BBC did that today.
    Ken Oats likes this.
  7. Sgt Slaughter Herbert Moran (7)

Don’t hate our $500 pn haha keep over paying fields look great - will see you back at Fursden Rd lol
  8. Sgt Slaughter Herbert Moran (7)

Yes you are correct if the 1,2 and didn’t play BSHS would have won #mindblown
  9. Sgt Slaughter Herbert Moran (7)

Yes mate correct again - BSHS 9,12,13,15 all injured so their loose forward had to play in the backs, but hey that’s footy the U16 boys that played in the pack have done a grand job over the past 4-5 weeks
  10. PPRugby Frank Row (1)

I enjoy your sarcasm when you have no response that can be based in fact. My initial comment stands. I was surprised that those two props had as little impact as they did. That isn’t a criticism of this two young players but a shout out the BBC 1 & 2.
    If you knew your arse from your elbow you would be able to acknowledge that the BBC pack was far superior today.
  11. fairplay Darby Loudon (17)

BSHS were fortunate that BBC played their subs and just eased off and enjoyed the moment in the 2nd half. Could have been looking at 90 plus otherwise. Thought Ripley was going to grab the new points scoring record for a while.
    Ken Oats likes this.
  12. fairplay Darby Loudon (17)

Jesus, forget about the forwards, that BBC backline went through BSHS like a warm knife through butter and chucked the ball so fast and so wide that the All Blacks could take note.
  13. Sgt Slaughter Herbert Moran (7)

^^^^Absolutely BBC backs were far superior and where the game was ultimately won - a part from the 2 and 3 the BBC pack played very well
  14. fairplay Darby Loudon (17)

“Ever” is a long time dude. Let’s not get carried away.
  15. TheRed Bob McCowan (2)

BBC demolished BSHS today. In my opinion they were the best side in the comp except for 15 minutes against TSS. Yet goal kicking and composure cost them and the premiership drought continues. Would have to think they go down in the top bracket of sides to have missed a premiership.
    Dark Shark likes this.
  16. DRFC Bob McCowan (2)

Well done IGS U14A.
    Joint Premiers 2019.
    140709-winston-churchill-eisenstedt.jpg
    Dean Moriarty and fairplay like this.
  17. fairplay Darby Loudon (17)

Always next year. Within the next season or two , schools that finished on the bottom end this year will probably win the comp. Loosing hurts and school communities respond.
  18. Dean Moriarty Allen Oxlade (6)

When people wake up they will realise the BBC 3 , Henry Petit , is one of , if not the most true , uncompromising promising set piece Props running around from this season of GPS Rugby and has an absolute engine on him defensively and in general play. He’s back next year as well.

I expect him to feature heavily in GPS Rugby next year and should in Reds 18’s
    Ken Oats and fairplay like this.
  19. fairplay Darby Loudon (17)

:) Gotta say. he filled some bloody big shoes when Romano went down and did it very well.
  20. Sgt Slaughter Herbert Moran (7)

Wow fp you obviously knew BBC didn’t have it in them early - maybe you do know more than all of us after all

TSS great job best team by far, breaker of hearts and creator of tears - see you All in the 2020 thread, no one remembers who come 2nd except for Dad haha build a bridge and see you at Fursden. SS