1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' started by terry from Townsville, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Aussie Luke Allen Oxlade (6)

19th Century School v 20th Century School - I wouldn't be surprised if Churchie gave Nudgee a good run as they are playing very well at the moment, but I think Nudgee will finish the season with a win albeit a close win. If Churchie win, good on them, they'll consider this to be a relatively successful season given their slow start.

The Oldest Grammar School v Nudgee's Little Big Brother - An easy one for Ipswich. Terrace have been strong in many areas but there is too much firepower in the Ipswich forwards and their backs will blow Terrace away.

Brisbane Scotsmen v The State - No contest. BBC will finish with a win but will be slightly hollow as this should have been their shot at the undefeated Premiership.

Mountain Grammar School v The Students - There will be too much snow on the road up the hill and it's too close to exams to allow the Grammar kids to make it up the hill and onto the field for kick off. Toowoomba to claim the win. No evidence of the loss allowed.
  2. All over it Allen Oxlade (6)

A for effort mate. But lets face it, this thread has never been the same after the departure of Warren Wobble. If you don’t know who I’m talking about you can show yourself the door.
    Hound, The Nomad, Garry Owens and 2 others like this.
  3. Garry Owens John Solomon (38)

BBC to go all Steve Smith on what will be a new low for High.

That is all.

Over and out.
    Hound likes this.
  4. Aussie Luke Allen Oxlade (6)

5. Aussie Luke Allen Oxlade (6)

I know exactly who you mean and I used to look forward to Warren Wobble's summary each week. In fact it was the best part of this thread and mostly why I logged on and now contribute a bit. I only play around with the name of the school but the Wobble he did much more than that in his summary. What happened to him this season?
  6. Gungenia Darby Loudon (17)

Yes I still chuckle about some of his classic lines:
    -BSHS v IGS -The stratco Sheds v The KFC Kings;
    -Tss -Fake tans ,Boob jobs and Peroxide

-ACGS -Carpark full of Range Rovers and RM Williams gear,

Any others ?
    Hound and The Nomad like this.
  7. The Nomad Johnnie Wallace (23)

Going down faster than an Expresso Martini at a Churchie mother’s function..
  8. Tbone Frank Nicholson (4)

"and the BSHS boys will steal this win and probably a couple of other things from the computer lab when they leave, just for good measure"
    The Nomad likes this.
  9. fairplay Darby Loudon (17)

Does anybody know which school has the most rugby fields?
  10. Les Patterson Allen Oxlade (6)

Would have to be Nudgee wouldn't it?
    Roberts Rugby likes this.
  11. Les Patterson Allen Oxlade (6)

I love the Terrace Mums relabelling the Beef Mince pies from the State High
    match last week to Waygu and Burgundy for this week's match against Churchie.
    Hound likes this.
  12. Les Patterson Allen Oxlade (6)

Had to cut and paste this one re TSS v Churchie on the Coast -

The Hottest Mum comp is what everyone is interested, no doubt they will be unified by white jeans so it will be hard to tell who is who to start, but the TSS Mum’s tend to be a little more blingy just and three shades brighter in lippy ( old hooters trick) and they are playing at home. Churchie will have the odd star player but as a group TSS will be way to strong. Conditions looks great and should just be warm enough for the Churchie fathers to knot a jumper over their shoulders, but alias beautiful and fine, so the wood handled umbrella can stay in the Rangie. TSS by 15
    TheKing, Jets, The Nomad and 2 others like this.
  13. Lute Chris McKivat (8)

Which reminds me of a story of the CWA cafe at Ekka ,they had Gateau cake on the chalkboard for 4 days and sold none, changed it to chocolate cake on the fifth day and sold out!!
  14. Blue & white Darby Loudon (17)

So true
  15. mgkent60 Frank Row (1)

". at the soulless Furston Road."
  16. Hound Fred Wood (13)

Some more of WW..

"That famous T-ba Ticker and the boarding house cabbage soup, which can bring down a 5 yard scrum the morning after, quicker than a bullet can bring down a bush pig at close range."

"The Ippy boys showed promise from time to time last year, but as soon as the Mother Energy Drink sampling chicks showed up at home games attention spans reduced,"
  17. Confucius Say Larry Dwyer (12)

I guess State High will give College the fair crack tomorrow.

I suspect with the medical on Sunday for selected u18 Red player, quite a few of the 6 x BBC will be cotton wooling and a few of the BSHS back line will be out to make a point. Also the 2 BSHS prop in the White team will be packing against 2 BBC in Maroon team. Maybe the selection trial that did not happen.

So I am predicting for my last prediction that it will be closer than many think.
  18. Aussie Luke Allen Oxlade (6)

Bring back the WW!
  19. Lute Chris McKivat (8)

Great season coming to and end and I would personally like to thank some of the following posters , in no particular order,Mark,Drew,Mick,Mark,Drew,Andrew,Mark,Drew,Tom,Mark,Drew,Darrel,Mark,Drew,Ryan,Mark,Drew,Mat,Mark,Drew,Carolanne to name a few.
    Roberts Rugby likes this.
  20. Garry Owens John Solomon (38)

You forgot Allan.

That’s right . Two l’s

The second one is for loser

Thank you and goodnight

Over and Out
    Lute likes this.