1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' started by terry from Townsville, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Digby2016 Chris McKivat (8)

Congrats on an accurate & fair unbiased summary
  2. Roberts Rugby Jim Clark (26)

So who is IN and who OUT for BBC?
  3. Oracle83 Ted Thorn (20)

I imagine that will be made official Thursday
  4. Confucius Say Larry Dwyer (12)

imagine finding 8 missing person in one week. Extraordinary story.

Snake and ladder on Thursday or don't change a winning team?
  5. Oracle83 Ted Thorn (20)

There will be a min 2-3 first choice players returning who have not played yet this season there was at least that running on last week vs DC. Time will tell, great problem to have.
  6. Roberts Rugby Jim Clark (26)

Didn’t DC win convincingly? After watching the Churchie and Terrace steamed games I thought the team looked pretty good. I was actually getting a bit nervous.
  7. Oracle83 Ted Thorn (20)

Check my previous post on the team v DC and compare to run on team for BGS - about 14 new players - your clever enough to work it out.

The BBC team has 17 points scored against them in 3 games, they are playing well against very average teams but this weekend should prove a good gauge.
  8. Aussie Luke Herbert Moran (7)

The Rugby School v The Potato Farmers: Nudgee by 60. This game is only relevant for the highlights reel.
    The Former Rugby School v England on the Creek: I think Terrace are underrated and will beat the Churchie boys pretty handsomely. Terrace by 15.
    The Surfer School v Nerdy Boys: TSS by 70. Grammar to ban any photos, chat or any form of recorded evidence about this game in addition to their video ban.
    The BBC’s Ministry of Silly Hats v The Old School: This is the match of the round and unless BBC can dominate Ipswich’s forwards, then neither will bother TSS. I’m hoping BBC win so it makes the season interesting. BBC by 7.
    The Governmant School: Their 17 supporters and 8 teams will have the day off.
  9. fairplay Watty Friend (18)

My step-brother went to BGS and was an accomplished member of the fencing team. I expect he would be offended by the Nerdy tag.
  10. fairplay Watty Friend (18)

Psst.Don't tell anyone about this leaked footage of BGS.

TheKing likes this.
  11. human Bob McCowan (2)

I have links to both schools going back several generations and saw the game. It was the worst game of rugby that I have ever seen.neither side could catch a cold. The BGS first try showed some enterprise with a short side move from a scrum. After that, all tries were from opposition errors, e.g. Churchie 13 toeing through a dropped ball and outpacing BGS twice. Thankfully, the draw means that neither side will win a game this season as neither deserve to.
  12. Garry Owens Alan Cameron (40)

I think Churchie can win against Terrace ( who basically don’t have a set piece ) that will give them their 1st win if the season

After that , I don’t see Churchie winning again

If you look at the bottom half of the table I reckon :

Grammar go through without a win
    Churchie end up with 1 x win
    Terrace end up with 1 x win
    State High end up with 3 x wins
    TGS end up with 4 x wins

And Downlands beat them all
    Hound likes this.
  13. Ottawa 10 Stan Wickham (3)

Give ,credit where it is due, the IGS pack is dominant, NC had a terrible game,Im pretty sure the IGS firsts went through undefeated in the lower grades as well ,as for the #10 having the game on a string,not sure about that,if NC backs where behind that forward pack it would have been 50-0.
  14. WW2000 Frank Row (1)

Caw Blimey Nudgee Dad, you'll give yourself a heart attack. Take it easy you've got 4 more years to go. Looks to me like the young Ippy lads had a good win over your lad and his team. Good on 'em I say.
    westies94 and DRFC like this.
  15. Les Patterson Allen Oxlade (6)

My last week's tip of TGS to put up a spirited showing at TSS on Old Boys Oval in very chilly conditions proved to be way out as the TGS backs refused to (or cannot) tackle. I don't believe I have ever seen such poor defence from a TGS First XV. If the TGS 2nds can beat TSS 25-7 surely there needs to be some changes. Boys who can tackle would be a good start. At least I predicted that Nudgee would have no trouble with Ipswich and so it proved.
  16. DRFC Bob McCowan (2)

But they're not so NC need to sort it out for next season or it will be 50-0 to IGS.
    westies94 likes this.
  17. DRFC Bob McCowan (2)

So NC backs need a strong forward pack to score points, without it they can't ,is that what you're saying?
  18. Ottawa 10 Stan Wickham (3)

Not at all,I think IGS have some very big forwards ,who are dominant players,very good at this level,be interesting to see how they go in the next few years ,when everyone else grows,where are you going to hang your IGS u14 jersey?
    Patriot likes this.
  19. DRFC Bob McCowan (2)

On a coathanger next to his IGS U13 Premier winners jersey.
    Jeeper and WW2000 like this.
  20. Hound Fred Wood (13)

TSS vs BGS: TSS by 50 - What can you say TSS looking very good.
    NC vs TGS: NC by 40 TGS will be happy to get through this game with only 40 against them.
    BBC vs IGS: IGS by 12 – Really hard to gauge this one. BBC will be quick in defence and well drilled but I feel that the IGS backs might get the better of BBC.
    ACGS vs GT: GT by 14 - have heard some disturbing rumors coming out of Churchie and if true - it is not a happy camp