• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

TheRed

Allen Oxlade (6)
Far out that is a trajedy....why was Mason Gordon playing in the 16A game today!!! Shane Drahm needs to take the blame for this, you think he would have learned from 2017 that goal kicking wins tight games. But the ref absolutely added to the result how was that not a penalty to BBC for intentionally throwing the ball into touch!! The 65 year curse for BBC continues, and with a new headmaster may continue for 65 more!

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Calm down BBC supporters, be proud of your players they dominated every facet of the game today bar goal kicking and line outs. It was not the players or the ref that cost you the match - it was our head coaches decision to not have a great player and outstanding goal kicker in Mason Gordon play in the 16a team that cost these boys and the school a historic victory. Read past blogs by me and others that predicted this - it’s time to go Drahmy.....

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I didn’t see Gordon playing in the 16A’s either. I have only watched him in the Junior Gold National titles last year, and this year in 1 trial and 2 replays. I can’t see how he can’t be in the first’s team. A brilliant player in my eyes. Anything to do with his brother Carter having a shit rugby year at BBC last year? Common denominator is the coach.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Claridge bone rattling defence was influential in BBC being up 15-3. Not sure MG has same impact in D? But he should have played a part today. To get them home. From 3-15 down, the TSS forward pack was just better. BBC tired and lost punch.

Conceding only two try to a pretty potent team speak volume about BBC commitment but you need to win the breakdown in attack and they did that very inconsistently with poor or no clean out.

Hard to nominate a best on ground. Maybe Howarth? But Van der Schyff excellent under pressure in line out.

I think Terrace can frighten TSS as they did last year. Especially at home. But maybe a win is big dream.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Let’s get real .

MG had a very very good first 3 games and may consider himself unlucky

But if you really did see the trial season - he struggled and the Coaches went with Connor Claridge - who got injured the week before R1 that earned MG another crack at it

And he did great

Claridge missed 2 attempts last week before he was hooked and there was panic up top which was why there was no confidence down the line where kicking duties turned into a chook raffle

Worth noting that MG couldn’t kick a habit during trial season too

Good kid . Good player . But save the splooge and be accurate

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Best on ground was Jojo Fifita closely followed by Hamish Roberts

And it shouldn’t even be close

Credit to Sam Kelly Knowles, Connor Claridge and Lukas Ripley - great games

In fact - Credit to all boys . Helluva game

Congrats to TSS and Coach Wallace and the rest of the TSS Coaching / Management team

A

Aussie Luke

Even if not a differnt player who can kick, why didn’t they coach someone on the team how to kick? None of those kicks went even close. Nor the previous week. Terrible attention to detail and a full coaching error.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Let’s get real .

MG had a very very good first 3 games and may consider himself unlucky

But if you really did see the trial season - he struggled and the Coaches went with Connor Claridge - who got injured the week before R1 that earned MG another crack at it

And he did great

Claridge missed 2 attempts last week before he was hooked and there was panic up top which was why there was no confidence down the line where kicking duties turned into a chook raffle

Worth noting that MG couldn’t kick a habit during trial season too

Good kid . Good player . But save the splooge and be accurate[/quote

Yeah No - GO

Claridge had a better game this week feeding his star centres but Gordon had done that consistently before and kicked very well to boot. At least have him in the team for kickings sake.

Have him in the team today as myself and others said in the lead up and game won. Decant and eat your own splooge.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Easy Tiger. I come in peace. Agree he probably should have played today.

But facts were Claridge was the 10 leading into R1 before he was injured. When he was right again he came back.

It probably shouldn’t have been an either/or -

In your words ....calm down

Frankie Says Relax

A

Aussie Luke

From my imperfect memory, 2 years ago when BBC received a penalty at the end of the game against Nudgee on Ross. It was a sitter. I remember the fly half waiting for instructions from the side line, and he kicked into touch instead of taking the kick. I couldn’t believe our luck at the time! They would have won. Correct me anyone if my recollection is wrong here.
I can’t understand how two years later, the coaches still haven’t worked out how important place kicking is.
I feel very sorry for all the BBC team, students and their supporters for losing this game yesterday, but I think they could still beat my old school next week on Ross and possibly TSS drop a game if they don’t perform v Terrace or Ippy. They will not win however without a place kicker. That’s a given.

TheRed

Allen Oxlade (6)
From my imperfect memory, 2 years ago when BBC received a penalty at the end of the game against Nudgee on Ross. It was a sitter. I remember the fly half waiting for instructions from the side line, and he kicked into touch instead of taking the kick. I couldn’t believe our luck at the time! They would have won. Correct me anyone if my recollection is wrong here.
I can’t understand how two years later, the coaches still haven’t worked out how important place kicking is.
I feel very sorry for all the BBC team, students and their supporters for losing this game yesterday, but I think they could still beat my old school next week on Ross and possibly TSS drop
a game if they don’t perform v Terrace or Ippy. They will not win however without a place kicker. That’s a given.
I feel very sorry for all the BBC team, students and their supporters for losing this game yesterday, but I think they could still beat my old school next week on Ross and possibly TSS drop a game if they don’t perform v Terrace or Ippy. They will not win however without a place kicker. That’s a given.

Your memories of 2017 are 100% correct. Goal kicking cost BBC a premiership in 2017 and despite a brilliant effort from the team yesterday it looks like it will cost them again in 2019.

TheRed

Allen Oxlade (6)
Going to take a while to get over that as a BBC old boy and long time supporter. Still very proud of the way the boys played and the atmosphere at Miskin was unbelievable. Biggest crowd in history at the venue...heartbreaking result! Well done to TSS they took their chances when they could yesterday.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
We should have given you Scotney for the lead up training and to pick the team. There is no way he would have not chosen Gordon as the goal kicker to run out on that field.

Next week will be interesting. Nudgee will be the stronger team in the set piece and pushing the ball forward and not to mention the goal kicking. Reesjan had found form and it is fair to say has the best backs to run off him. Finn is playing smart footy. Our forwards are stronger at the breakdown and in general. Bring it home boys.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
And on game, as someone who just goes and watches games without being and avid supporter of any team, my take was BBC were very good in 1st 40, by geez their midfield were terrific, as were forwards. @nd 40 TSS forwards got on top and more importantly they held the ball and so got the win.
It was a great game, I loved it. Didn't really think I saw any player that didn't deserve to be on field, and hope noone tries to blame BBC kickers for loss! My perhaps only moan was BBC taking so long to take to field, if kickoff is at 3.15pm the team should not be getting cheered on at 3.19. I know it only a small thing , it irritated me whenever I at club rugby or wherever when a team can't be ready for kick off at correct time . I just think it show perhaps a team that is not organised, although some stupidly do it to piss other team off, I just think you get ref offside myself!