• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD- GPS U15s 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

faceforrugby

Frank Nicholson (4)
Faceforrugby, I hope you realize that this group has little to no recruitment. With 1 player in the team on a scholarship that being a track and field one. Also almost all their players have been playing at Easts consistently for the last few years. Furthermore I've heard that Nudgee had recruited 8 new players in their U15 side. Sorry if this sounds heavily bias but I find it sort of offensive that you assume churchie had recruited in order to win

My apologies, do not know were I got the idea Churchie would recruit players.

P

ProneBone613

Did anyone happen to watch the IGS 15 A's vs Churchie 15 A's in the second last fixture? Who were the standouts?

S

stevie95

Did anyone happen to watch the IGS 15 A's vs Churchie 15 A's in the second last fixture? Who were the standouts?
i did get to see this game and i would have to say one of the best games i saw overall in the u15 age group Churchie won 16-15 both teams played well and with churchie only having 14 players left after a red card after a high shot on igs inside center which led to a penlty try but igs inside center was injured for the rest of play so after a few changes to the teams lineups it was a very close encounter IGS should of deserved the win with the best defensive effort on thier own line for 15mins and churchie only coming away with 3 points with 2 minutes to go igs work their way up the field to score a try in the corner to make the scores 15-16 with a kick to come and a hard kick for igs outside center in the wind and with the pressure the kick looked good of the boot looked to be going through the middle of the post but with the wind the ball narowaly missing the uprights leaving the churchie team still undfeated and showing why they where the team to beat.

best forward moments: easily the determination of igs fowards and especially Sham Vui to hold the fowards of churchie away from the line for 15mins - churchies powerful running through the middle got them effectively up field quickly just couldnt get over the line at times

best back moments: the churchies backs getting and overlap on the igs backline and used it very effectively to socre the try to win the game - no real big defensive moments except for igs outside center coming out of the line to hit churchies outside center and causing a knock on

standouts
churchie - Angus Y, Jeremy G, harry N

igs - Sham V , openside flanker , blindside flanker (dont know people from igs haha)

P

ProneBone613

i did get to see this game and i would have to say one of the best games i saw overall in the u15 age group Churchie won 16-15 both teams played well and with churchie only having 14 players left after a red card after a high shot on igs inside center which led to a penlty try but igs inside center was injured for the rest of play so after a few changes to the teams lineups it was a very close encounter IGS should of deserved the win with the best defensive effort on thier own line for 15mins and churchie only coming away with 3 points with 2 minutes to go igs work their way up the field to score a try in the corner to make the scores 15-16 with a kick to come and a hard kick for igs outside center in the wind and with the pressure the kick looked good of the boot looked to be going through the middle of the post but with the wind the ball narowaly missing the uprights leaving the churchie team still undfeated and showing why they where the team to beat.

best forward moments: easily the determination of igs fowards and especially Sham Vui to hold the fowards of churchie away from the line for 15mins - churchies powerful running through the middle got them effectively up field quickly just couldnt get over the line at times

best back moments: the churchies backs getting and overlap on the igs backline and used it very effectively to socre the try to win the game - no real big defensive moments except for igs outside center coming out of the line to hit churchies outside center and causing a knock on

standouts
churchie - Angus Y, Jeremy G, harry N

igs - Sham V , openside flanker , blindside flanker (dont know people from igs haha)

Watched a copy of the game last night, IGS were the better team only to loose a kick from the sideline after the hooter. The defence from IGS was outstanding holding of churchie with some huge hits ! Churchie outplayed ipswich's backs overlapping them numerous times. Superb lineout jumping from the IGS jumper wearing the red head gear getting a few steals from the opposition (M.Adcock) and some damaging runs from the front row (S.Vui, J.Koorts, J.Sokimi). This would have to be the biggest front row in the 15's comp. The game could have gone both ways but unlucky for ipswich it went in churchies favour. Both teams had a good year with churchie going through undeafeated and ipswich tieing for 2nd.

Hits74

Frank Nicholson (4)
PB613 correct me if im wrong, didnt IGS lose to Churchie and NC this year? if so that would mean a third place by the boys.

P

ProneBone613

PB613 correct me if im wrong, didnt IGS lose to Churchie and NC this year? if so that would mean a third place by the boys.

Im aware NC and IGS didn't play as they both had numerous players out for Met North and Met West?

the_man

Frank Row (1)
The outstanding players that i saw in the GPS 2012 season for U15's
BSHS - Matt S, Enoka K, Liam M, Tyrone S
NC - Calvin P, Liam M, Jesse N, Liam L
IGS - ShamB V, Johann K, Ethan P, Jaidan S
TGS - I have not seen them play
TSS - I have not seen them play
GT - Kyle L, Jack L, Connor M, Jacob S
BGS - Nyoah R, Eddie M, Patrick D, ( The outside centre)
BBC - Sam E, Lucas P, Jerumi N, Adam S
Churchie - Angus SY, Harry N, James G, (The churchie fullback)

These guys were the standouts in the season for the GPS 2012 U15's
Watch GT play, Kyle L was not with them for the season but is a very strong player, but missed out on playing in Met East due to a broken ankle. Jack L was out for most of the season because of concussions but is still quick as anything and needs to gain some skill. Jacob S was in the B's for a lot of the season due to fitness and work rate but has still made great improvements. Connor M had another great season as he usually does and has a chance of playing 1st XV. Connor was really the only person on that list who played in the 15 A's for Terrace this season. There are others that could've been on that list in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.