• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heather

Bob McCowan (2)
Brothers got the Bank! No idea bout the red heavies!!
The Heavies have Breakers away this week, and after reading the reports I think we have a big challenge on our hands!
The record books will show that we have won at the Goldie over past years, but they seem to have had the (mental) wood on us during these games.
Personally I would rather enjoy NOT experiencing another heartstopper of a game after last week...

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
UQ v Bond.. This might be the biggest rivalry in 3rd tier rugby in the next few years!

Can someone answer a trivial question but do other UQ sporting teams compete under the rhino moniker/mascot?

Stallion

Herbert Moran (7)
The Heavies have Breakers away this week, and after reading the reports I think we have a big challenge on our hands!
The record books will show that we have won at the Goldie over past years, but they seem to have had the (mental) wood on us during these games.
Personally I would rather enjoy NOT experiencing another heartstopper of a game after last week.
T

If the Heavies play to their potential the Students will dust em by at least 14+. Too much firepower all over the park. Even with the 20's guys out of the squad. I would say Easts and GPS will feel the losses more than UQ.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
SouthernX I think all teams have their own "logos"; I think the AFL might be the Lions, the Netball Team may be the Saints (this may be just an unreliable Uni Games memory...) etc.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
We've got the Bank, should be a good contest. Real test for the Filth is in the forwards. However, I do believe we have a strong forward pack.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Hopefully Wests can bounce back this week against Norths. Don't forget that we got beaten 60-19 by Brothers in round 2 last year and bounced back reasonably well.

The club has a better squad this year than last year (apart from Dan Linde who leaves a massive hole) so hopefully the boys can show this week that last week's performance against Brothers was just an aberration.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I like Easts team this week, interesting that they have changed the entire front row (Ready the only forced change). Great to see Luke Bertini back in the team as well, hopefully he doesn't take too long to return to the form he had before he was injured last season.

I also noticed no one has mentioned Mafi Kefu's name here. Pretty big pick up for Souths, not every day you get someone who was recently on the Toulon playing roster playing for you.

Looks like Dom Lespiere is back from Ireland, Beeston will have his hands full.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
I wonder who the Tighthead for Brothers 2nd Grade is?
Might be in for a bit of a surprise at 12:10pm on Saturday as he will be opposing one Rodzilla Blake.

I know I'm probably going to sound like a wet blanket here but does anyone else think there is perhaps a safety issue with Rod playing 2nd Grade? The bloke has played at the highest level and been a pro for god knows how long... coming up against some bloke who trots around in 2nd grade(could be a young kid, could be a club stalwart). It's probably more because of the position he plays(and the fact that he knows how to use his size). I hope the big guy doesn't fold his opposing tighthead and knows if he has to hold back a little.

Not saying that it's not a wonderful experience to play against blokes like this, I used to love playing against the Super Rugby/Wallabies who came back to club, but that was always in Premier Grade.... not in the front row of 2nd grade.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I know I'm probably going to sound like a wet blanket here but does anyone else think there is perhaps a safety issue with Rod playing 2nd Grade? The bloke has played at the highest level and been a pro for god knows how long. coming up against some bloke who trots around in 2nd grade(could be a young kid, could be a club stalwart). It's probably more because of the position he plays(and the fact that he knows how to use his size). I hope the big guy doesn't fold his opposing tighthead and knows if he has to hold back a little.

Not saying that it's not a wonderful experience to play against blokes like this, I used to love playing against the Super Rugby/Wallabies who came back to club, but that was always in Premier Grade.. not in the front row of 2nd grade.

I think it certainly raises some questions.

If sunnybank wanted to ease him back in then surely off the bench for reserve or premier grade would be adequate or do they really think that rod is at 2nd grade level?

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
If sunnybank wanted to ease him back in then surely off the bench for reserve or premier grade would be adequate or do they really think that rod is at 2nd grade level?

Yeah my thoughts exactly. At least the players he comes up against in Prems would have a bit more scrumaging experience. It's odd that he is coming back through 2nd grade, wouldn't have thought he'd ease his way back any further down than off the bench in Prems.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Rugby is a game for people of all shapes and sizes. If Rodney isn't good enough this week to play premier grade or reserve grade then he should play in 2nd grade.

I'm sure the Brothers coach could call uncontested scrums if he's that concerned about safety if his prop.

Heather

Bob McCowan (2)
I believe that Rodney has come back to club rugby after a good 6 months or so layoff. And anyone who saw him get a few minutes for that last A game about a month ago would remember he looked like a rather enjoyed that rest... I actually think- unless he has had a massive turnaround in fitness since then- he would be at more harm for injury in any higher grade than 2nd at this point.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
This rain, although light, seems to be sticking around. Anyone have any news on how grounds are holding up? Would hate to have games cancelled tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.