• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I have to agree TD, having Chucky and Brando together is a huge plus.

What of Sean Cox? Not playing either?

Would of been great to have the Cox boys playing.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
After seeing Easts line up, I'm so much more optimistic. Having Kimmo, Randell and Sanday in the front row is going to be a big bonus.

Lots of new faces among those teams. The Sunnybank centre pairing looks very destructive. Keen to see how Taefu goes this season.

George Morseu for Wests, that's a name I haven't seen for a while. Freakish in high school. Very good for Uni, then disappeared for a while. Good be one of the most exciting backs this season.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Any particular reason the GPS profile page is in Latin?

ha! Cause everyone is sick of GPS being so damn difficult to work with, so it made sense to make their preview difficult to read.

I am sure if will be rectified promptly.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Easts have the following unavailable due to Reds A:
Paraka (2012-13 Aust U20s) #1
Ready (2013 Aust U20s) #2
Enever #4
Seuteni #12 (2012-13 Aust U20s) - injured

Qld U20s:
Gunn #7 (Aust SB 2012)
Placid #15 (2013 Aust U20s)
Fatal #5
Deck #9 (Aust SB 2012)

They have also lost Butler #8(Brumbies), Stolberg#4(Canberra), Bertini #6(retired), Cox #11(study) from their GF side.

Only 6 from their GF side will run out:
Sanday #3 (formerly of Sydney Uni);
Randell #2
Mullins #9
Brandon #10
White #13
Wilder #14

But no excuses the XV that takes the park will give a good account of themselves, the club & Qld Rugby.

Yes very familiar with Kirwan Sanday formally a member of the club before heading home a couple seasons ago.

In the Uni team selected only 2 players started in the 1st Grade GF in;
#4 Liam Winton
#6 Tom Boidin

The majority of the side played in the 2nd Grade Final.

T

Tigers Tale

Easts line for tomorrow - NB Krelle was injured at training and won't play
1 Jack Kimmince
2 Matt Randell
3 Kirwan Sanday
4 James Moore
5 Greg Riley
6 Tyrell Barker
7 Josh Parry
8 Johnny Kalavata
9 Jack Mullins
10 Matt Brandon
11 Jonny Wilder
12 EJ (Eddie Jones)' Fa'Aofa
13 Toby White
14 Joel Faulkner
15 Emanuel Bell

-

Good luck to the other 8 clubs for round 1 QPR14.

Tigers r ready to roll @ 5:30 tomorrow.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Reg, I agree with most of your premier rugby preview but I can't see Norths going better than Wests and Bond.

Although it may be seen as splitting hairs, I would move that bottom three around a bit.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
What happened to Evan la Motta for Norths? Big bastard that really lead the team along with Maitani (need to learn his name properly).

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
Evan had issues with concussions.
Vuki is the best name to use for Veresa Maitaitini.
Shane moved to the south side and SB was the closest club. Massive loss yes.

Sent from my mind......

T

Tigers Tale

T12 - not even I would be as ballsy to throw this in the face of the other forum members.

As of 3:20pm tomorrow all 9 clubs start on the same points, and the Tigers will only be last years premiers - it is history, but as Reg points out in his preview the Tigers get one more chance to create some tomorrow.

TD if Norths don't finish higher up the table than either Wests or Bond Uni I will eat my hat.

Reg - Are Bond Uni to be known as the Breakers, or have they ditch that label?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Matt Ika playing open side for Norths. Interesting, he was at centre for Souths previously.

Although he was a back rower in high school, I think he played Aussie Schools there as well.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reg - Are Bond Uni to be known as the Breakers, or have they ditch that label?

Not 100% sure but I believe there is intention to remove this team as far away from the "breakers" name as possible, although they haven't accomplished this on-line yet.

As for the bottom 3, you may be right about Norths and Bond, but I can't see Wests getting off the floor. Hope I am wrong however both as a former Wests Jnr and a QLD rugby fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.