• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
University of Queensland: James Hanson, Jono Owen, Curtis Browning, Rod Davies, Jamie- Jerry Taulagi, Sef Fa’agase (WTS), Tim Buchanan (WTS)
Sunnybank: Albert Anae, Greg Holmes, Liam Gill, Ben Tapuai
Souths: Beau Robinson
GPS: Nick Frisby, Samuela Kerevi, Chris Kuridrani, Sam Johnson (WTS), Philip Kite (WTS)
Easts: Andrew Ready, Michael Gunn (WTS)
Norths: Veresa Mataitini (Reds WTS)

Players coming back this weekend.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
University of Queensland: James Hanson, Jono Owen, Curtis Browning, Rod Davies, Jamie- Jerry Taulagi, Sef Fa’agase (WTS), Tim Buchanan (WTS)
Sunnybank: Albert Anae, Greg Holmes, Liam Gill, Ben Tapuai
Souths: Beau Robinson
GPS: Nick Frisby, Samuela Kerevi, Chris Kuridrani, Sam Johnson (WTS), Philip Kite (WTS)
Easts: Andrew Ready, Michael Gunn (WTS)
Norths: Veresa Mataitini (Reds WTS)

Players coming back this weekend.

Surprised the twins aren't turning out for GPS.

T

Tigers Tale

Filth that's not a rant - when I questioned a referee's credibility earlier in the season was a rant.

I know you are just "fishing" Filth.

I recon your blokes should do ok this weekend and come through unscathed.

Easts will have their hands full with the Bulldogs.

These players above should be on deck come round 17 or 18 so this will be a good insight into these clubs end of season credentials.

Hanson, Davies, Anae, Holmes, Robinson, Frisby are all great clubmen - they always turn out when they can.

I too am surprised that the twins aren't running out for GPS.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Does anyone know of a former RED player being aligned with a Shute Shield team midseason & playing games down south whilst still on the books up at Herston?

If James O'Connor aka "The Brand" comes home to QLD.. Judging by this article he has a deal with the West Harbour Pirates? Obviously he's gonna have to terminate that arrangement because I don't see the QRU having a bar of that arrangement.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...t-at-world-cup-redemption-20140501-zr2oi.html

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
We would love JOC (James O'Connor).... And I really feel he would be good for our club, even if he doesn't pull on an Eagles jersey.... Which in turn would be good for the comp.
But I have a feeling he would head to Sylvan road.... He is good mates with Byron H.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'd nearly put money on that JOC (James O'Connor) will go to Brothers if he does come back to QLD. He actually played several games for them during his junior years and being a Nudgee old boy is another draw card there.

EDIT: Although - it might be a 50/50 wager on Brothers or GPS. Still reckon it'd end up Brothers but he does have a few of his Brisbane based mates playing at GPS now.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I would have thought the wonderful culture at Tigerland would have drawn him in. ;)

I would be surprised if he were to play south of the river though.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
My prediction is the qru will bend over backwards to accommodate the brand.... And if any club rugby is played by JOC (James O'Connor) then unfortunately it will be for WESTS.... harbour.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
GPS have a very good backline as it is. I don't think JOC (James O'Connor) in that case should go there. I would like to have him at Brothers, but I think he should go to Norths. It's better for the comp and the crowd over at Hugh Courtney Oval if he come back and plays a few games there.

I imagine the tumultuous home crowds of GPS, Easts, UQ and Souths would love to abuse a backline of Greene, Murphy and O'Connor, but we'll wait and see. At least that's what I think T-12 would be most looking forward to.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I didn't go to any games yesterday, but I heard Brad Wilkin was freakish for Easts, along side Gunn (surprise, surprise). However, I also heard Wests were unlucky.

Pauly

Sydney Middleton (9)
If losing by 18 points can be considered unlucky then I guess Wests were unlucky. Wests played well and are by no means an easy team to beat but Easts deserved the win.

Easts 28 d Wests 10
Sunnybank 27 d Bond Uni 10 (Bond must've been a little bit unluckier than Wests)
GPS 31 d Souths 26
Uni 47 d Norths 21

Status
Not open for further replies.