• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
The 'retired' GPS players from years previous Prem Reserve finally started making an appearance down at training last night. GPS should be rolling out some strong 2nd/3rd/4th grade sides the next few weeks which is good news as the lower grades have struggled lately.

dizzle

Peter Burge (5)
Today is the day GPS turn there season around. Some old heads returning as well as some much needed organisational skills of a classy 10 will ensure they win today and win by plenty. GPS by 30+!!!!
All aboard the bandwagon boys!!! I hope you have all some wedge on the GPS boys @ $17 cause after today they will be into $10...
Brothers will beat norths comfortably, easts will towel up souths!!

Dyson

Peter Burge (5)
You must have missed the game on Thursday night norths were great the way they came back against souths and then held them out at the end of the game, brothers might have a bit harder day than they think.
I think you have the score mixed up in the Wests gps game Wests will be far to strong

T

Tigers Tale

GPS, Wests, Souths & Norths can kiss 2015 away if they lose today.

Brothers would not want to come out on the wrong end today either.

Norths are a much underrated outfit.

I wouldn't be putting money on GPS for 2015 - I'd be saving your money - they are $17 for a reason and history - both GPS history & the mathematics of QPR- would say GPS are gone.

Dammers is going to have more than half of 2015 to work on the future.

T

Tigers Tale

There was a time - 1980s & early 90s when Easts rightly held the chokers tag, then mid-late 90s it was Wests, there was also a time when even the Students wouldn't worry you at the end of the season, some might unfairly say (not me Filth) that Bros may have had it in the 00's - who would be the modem day QPR chokers?

Or is the "choker" tag just a reprehensible thing to put on anyone, because if it is then maybe living through the 80/90s as Tigers fan explains why I am so passionate/defensive/proud of the Tigers recent success.

Supporting Easts was like following the Qld Sheffield Shield team.

Great thing about sport is that it does tend to be cyclical.

The Adjudicator

Frank Nicholson (4)
We will see Dyson. I just took the $2.64 about GPS. I look forward to saying I told you so around 5:30 today.

I got onto that as well, looks pretty good value to me.
Any chance norths can pick up couple on the trot with a win over brothers? at $4.65 could be worth a sneaky 5ver

dizzle

Peter Burge (5)
I got onto that as well, looks pretty good value to me.
Any chance norths can pick up couple on the trot with a win over brothers? at $4.65 could be worth a sneaky 5ver
Adjudicator finally somebody with somebody else who has seen the value here!!! I don't like norths chances unfortunately. I would having something on bond if I were you???

The Adjudicator

Frank Nicholson (4)
Adjudicator finally somebody with somebody else who has seen the value here!!! I don't like norths chances unfortunately. I would having something on bond if I were you???

That being said dizzle, if GPS let me down today i'll be hard pressed to find a reason to back them next time.
Ladies day at the 'bank today, and bond are playing well, but ill stick to the fav in this one, roll it into a multi with easts and brothers.

George Hipwall

Allen Oxlade (6)
Wow what a game. A lot to complain about if you're a Sunnybank supporter and a lot to be thankful for if you're a Bond supporter. All in all what a competitive hard game fought out in close with great patches of running rugby from both backlines.

Bond play a great style of rugby. To watch them, impartially, you have to be impressed. Great skill set, good fitness and great game plan.

Sunnybank still have that touch of class, game management and finishing that separates them from the field. Their forwards from 4 to 8 are undersized, in my opinion for a 1st grade side, but they are so competitive and are in every contest every time. Their scrum was solid and dominant today.

My takeaway from this game was:

Bond need better game management to close out against the top sides. Too many errors and silly decisions at critical times.
Despite their body shape and size the Bond scrum was not dominate. It went backward far to often.

Gee, Bond have a lot going for them though.

I think the officials were over judicious and one particular sideline official played to big a part in some of the decisions that led to yellow cards. This had an effect on Sunnybank, but they kept in the game despite this.

Good stuff Bond and Sunnybank for a great game and spectacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.