• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well said Steve double Steve. Yeah really good coach appointments in colts and grade for GPS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eagle

Frank Nicholson (4)
The prodigal son returns - great news about Matho returning and a really great opportunity for Shane Arnold as well, it's great we see QPR coaches getting opportunities at S15 level as well; I know he's been away the last few seasons but he really was a revelation when he was in charge. Hopefully Matho's return will produce a bit more happiness than poor old double steve is having at the moment - one mans reserve grader is another mans premier grader - multiple clubs can vouch for this. I'm not aware Ryan was sacked either, I was told he walked away, can someone confirm this?

Steve Doublesteve

Peter Burge (5)
The prodigal son returns - great news about Matho returning and a really great opportunity for Shane Arnold as well, it's great we see QPR coaches getting opportunities at S15 level as well; I know he's been away the last few seasons but he really was a revelation when he was in charge. Hopefully Matho's return will produce a bit more happiness than poor old double steve is having at the moment - one mans reserve grader is another mans premier grader - multiple clubs can vouch for this. I'm not aware Ryan was sacked either, I was told he walked away, can someone confirm this?

Life's actually pretty good at moment thanks Eagle, better than I suppose you're doing as you keep trying to light up the names of people that noone has heard of? You must be a player manager or good family member.
These blokes might be Premier Grade players in your loving eyes but sadly they are still a reserve graders until rd 1 2017.
I wont even mention the EX-ASSISTANT coach's name but does it matter if he walked or got pushed? He's irrelevant.

Moving on, can anyone confirm that Souths have been making moves on forwards from other clubs?

Ruck n Maul

Herbert Moran (7)
Moving on, can anyone confirm that Souths have been making moves on forwards from other clubs?

Steve Steve Steve, Every club would be making moves on players from other clubs. That's what player recruiting is about. Trying to entice players to other clubs to either a) better their own team or b) give someone an opportunity. So I have no doubt that Souths are making moves on forwards.

Steve Jarvis

Frank Row (1)
Moving on, can anyone confirm that Souths have been making moves on forwards from other clubs?[/quote]

Yes, Api Naiyaboi (QLD Country) is in talks with the club. Strong fijian player and coaching contingent is the drawcard.

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think the tight head from wests who got injured last year I forget his name jake newell or something he is not a bad prop is going to Souths

eagle

Frank Nicholson (4)
Steve come on, Matho and cowboy retired a long time ago, they have since moved into coaching roles, they'd be embarrassed by this but anyone who has been on the Reds website recently would have heard of at least one of them. I don't know the assistant coach you're referring to personally but to say someone is irrelevant is pretty ordinary.

Steve Doublesteve

Peter Burge (5)
Eagle, I was referring to your friend Mr Ryan rather than the people you are referring to - sorry mate, name dropping really isnt my thing.
in regards to my previous comment, you might think it is ordinary but you cant say i am wrong. I am going to pull an old move from my year 8 english class and put it you like this:

irrelevant (ɪˈrɛlɪv(ə)nt/)
adjective
Definition: not connected with or relevant to something.

Moving on...
Naiyobo and Newell(?) would be great additions to Souths. Their coaching team would be second to none.

Reactions: gws

Dunc Johnston

Frank Nicholson (4)
What marks did Steve get in year 8 Religion and Ethics? Maybe english class was on at the same time?

Moving On.
Interesting to see Moses Raulini part of the coaching staff at souths, i wonder with his contacts if we can expect to see them unearth another Naisarani next season - what a talent he is!

nightnday

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think the tight head from wests who got injured last year I forget his name jake newell or something he is not a bad prop is going to Souths

I really hope that this is not the case as Jake played Colts at Wests. He is a former QLD and Australian Schoolboys prop, so yes "he's not a bad prop". If Wests have let Jake slip through their fingers on top of Tyrone Lefau and Tim Smith..........

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)

It is good to see grassroots/QPR coaches moving into Super Rugby ranks but I also wonder whether the Reds lost a good one in Tim Sampson who coached the Tuggeranong Vikings(Canberra) to the John Dent Cup in 2016, after taking Easts Bne to the 2015 Minor Premiership/GF and he was assistant at Easts in 2013 when they beat the Shane Arnold coached GPS.

Maybe he just didn't play the political game as well as Arnold & Gilly do!!!

I have heard he is moving up the ranks at the Brumbies which is great for a bloke who was universally liked & respected across QPR for many many years in playing for Sunnybank before coaching at Easts.

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yeah sambo was a top bloke and coach! They must create a good culture at the brumbies because there isn't much else in Canberra that's to exciting haha

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I really hope that this is not the case as Jake played Colts at Wests. He is a former QLD and Australian Schoolboys prop, so yes "he's not a bad prop". If Wests have let Jake slip through their fingers on top of Tyrone Lefau and Tim Smith....
Jake played his colts at Sunnybank before moving to wests to play prems. Also pretty sure he never made Aus schools but a good player either way

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Things must be a bit slow around the corridors of the media department at the Reds at the moment - we've seen two articles on colts coaching appointment for 2017(GPS & Uni) this week - I'd say hardly pieces of broad interest.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Things must be a bit slow around the corridors of the media department at the Reds at the moment - we've seen two articles on colts coaching appointment for 2017(GPS & Uni) this week - I'd say hardly pieces of broad interest.
If they have 3 full time media and comms people (taken from the reds thread) they should be running from club doing feature articles etc etc. The qpr wrap is great but they need to hijack the reds fan base to sell qpr.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Another reserve grade player heading to Norths.

You're kidding right?

He's played International rugby and Queensland Country NRC.

He might be a "reserve grade player" when Pettowa Paraka is in town, but Campbell would be starting at just about any other club

eagle

Frank Nicholson (4)
Now now, Double steve might get upset if you keep using this forum to talk up reserve graders. Campbell obviously has good credentials, but he hasn't his best for a little while now. Maybe a change of environment might be what he needs. I'm sure the same goes for the souths reserve grader they 'announced' recently. One man's reserve grader is another mans premier grader after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.