• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Can anyone tell me when QRU will update premier Rugby "Fixtures and Results to 2019? Has the draw been completed?
Dont know
IMG_0698.jpg
mate it is done as I got this on my facebook the other day.

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
Thinks Norths biggest issue might actually be its location.

They are located so close to Brothers and there’s only 1 real rugby nursery on Northside (& granted it’s a important one)

Why would any Nudgee player go to North’s over Brothers?

My solution to fix North’s is drop some naplam over Crosby road and hope all those Northern Suburbs players pick Shaw Rd & don’t travel to the southern suburbs for their club allegiance.
North’s have had good numbers and quality at training for under 15 to 17 apparently. A lot of Nudgee under 15s at North’s this year.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Games this weekend
UQ v the Bank
Easts V Souths
Norths V Wests
Not sure about the others.

Interesting to see a few games on fairly late in the day so it will be tough to make the Reds for those that are involved in both. I am unaware of any live stream does anyone know?

Reds rugby still does not have the draw on there Site which is pretty disappointing.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I would be surprised if they streamed the trials, but maybe some clubs will

GPS v Brothers at Brothers this weekend

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Games this weekend
UQ v the Bank
Easts V Souths
Norths V Wests
Not sure about the others.

Interesting to see a few games on fairly late in the day so it will be tough to make the Reds for those that are involved in both. I am unaware of any live stream does anyone know?

Reds rugby still does not have the draw on there Site which is pretty disappointing.

Any trial scores??

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
How did the Easts forwards go against the South big forwards?
I hear Easts have a new hooker and they are missing some of the others from last year

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Gains I have heard from around the traps:

Bond:
Unsure

Brothers:
Alex Perez (Southern Districts), Jeremy Skelton (Japan), Rohan Saifoloi (Southern Districts), Angsta Sae (Sunnybank), Tom Moloney (Melbourne Rebels/Japan)

Easts:
Eli Pilz (Southern Districts), Rhys Van Nek (Souths)

GPS:
Tuaina Tualima (Sunnybank), Maile Ngauamo (Souths)

Norths:
Unsure

Souths:
Jake Strachan (Sunnybank), Josateki Murray (Sunnybank), Franko Abdalla (Sunnybank)

Sunnybank:
Hayden Sargent (Bond), Josh Walker (Bond), Corbin Kiernan (Bond), Larry Hermans (Wests), Tom Lucas (Aussie 7s), Peter Lee (Rugby League)

University:
Unsure

Wests:
Bronson Tuakipulu (Sunnybank)

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Pretty sure Peter Lee played for Sunnybank last year? Norths lineup very similar to the one they had last year

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Last time I saw Peter Lee in a Sunnybank jersey was on the NRL rookie along with Elias Power who was wearing an Easts jersey.

Power was back at Norths in 2018 after a year at Redcliffe Dolphins (Q Cup).

My years might be a bit out I think they filmed NRL at the end of 2015 so maybe Power was at Redcliffe in 2016 & back at Norths 2017.

Lee had speed to burn in his younger years and Power had ego to burn.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Sounds like you can include Aiden Toua (?spelling) for Brothers. Just heard he is playing 15 in the trial tomorrow.

Gains I have heard from around the traps:

Bond:
Unsure

Brothers:
Alex Perez (Southern Districts), Jeremy Skelton (Japan), Rohan Saifoloi (Southern Districts), Angsta Sae (Sunnybank), Tom Moloney (Melbourne Rebels/Japan)

Easts:
Eli Pilz (Southern Districts), Rhys Van Nek (Souths)

GPS:
Tuaina Tualima (Sunnybank), Maile Ngauamo (Souths)

Norths:
Unsure

Souths:
Jake Strachan (Sunnybank), Josateki Murray (Sunnybank), Franko Abdalla (Sunnybank)

Sunnybank:
Hayden Sargent (Bond), Josh Walker (Bond), Corbin Kiernan (Bond), Larry Hermans (Wests), Tom Lucas (Aussie 7s), Peter Lee (Rugby League)

University:
Unsure

Wests:
Bronson Tuakipulu (Sunnybank)

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
That's weird. I have heard that Reds contracted players weren't allowed to play the trials for their club. Certainly the case for Wests.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
So how many former QPR players are running around in Super Rugby (2019)? Here's a start but sure I don't have them all -

Brumbies - Banks, Muirhead, Enever, Slipper, Lucas;

Rebels - Genia, Cooper, Wilkin;

Waratahs - Hunt;

Sunwolves - Quirk, Moore;

NZ (Chiefs??) - JJ Tualingi (?? Spelling??) former Reds & Uni

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
So how many former QPR players are running around in Super Rugby (2019)? Here's a start but sure I don't have them all -

Brumbies - Banks, Muirhead, Enever, Slipper, Lucas;

Rebels - Genia, Cooper, Wilkin;

Waratahs - Hunt;

Sunwolves - Quirk, Moore;

NZ (Chiefs??) - JJ Tualingi (?? Spelling??) former Reds & Uni

Rebels - Ben Daley, Campbell Magnay, Angus Cotrell,
Brumbies- Kuridrani (UQ), Ben Hyne, Matt Lucas,

That's not including Darcy Swain at Brumbies who apparently was recruited from school to the Brumbies.

QPRRF

Frank Nicholson (4)
Poor display at Sunnybank yesterday. Sunnybank prop red carded. Then a fight in the car park involving parents of players after the game. Some not so friendly chat being hurled at players throughout the GPS half. The language was a absolute disscrace. Sunnybank has turned into a absolute joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.