• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2020

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Ahh thanks for clarifying. Yeh even Will Genia has some connection to GPS from his Colts day and Nigel playing there, his issue I believe anyway was mostly with Mick Heenan who hasn't been down there for 10+ yrs.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I would be amazed if Quade ran out for GPS after all that Souths have done for him.

Souths were good to Quade in tough times and so too Quade when he played 2017 for them.

Quade was exemplary that season he played QPR.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think the QRU would be disappointed if there were rogue (outside protocols) trials been played this weekend.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Going to run the tipping again. Will start in round 3 when they play for points, will give us some time to work out what teams are looking good.

Jets. There was a meeting of club Presidents a week or so back and there was a push to have all games from 1 Aug to be played for points. Not sure of the outcome but had a brief chat with one of the Brothers Prem boys last weekend who thought it was game on from the first round.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Jets. There was a meeting of club Presidents a week or so back and there was a push to have all games from 1 Aug to be played for points. Not sure of the outcome but had a brief chat with one of the Brothers Prem boys last weekend who thought it was game on from the first round.

If the QRU make that ruling I'll start when they are playing for real. I need some games to get a read on the teams.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think the QRU would be disappointed if there were rogue (outside protocols) trials been played this weekend.

nah it seems all systems go. I thought the same, but apparently the contact training requirement has been reduced to two weeks now. So that means its full on from this week.

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)

nah it seems all systems go. I thought the same, but apparently the contact training requirement has been reduced to two weeks now. So that means its full on from this week.

QRU has to approve the trials and supply the referrees.

Wests hosts Sunnybank

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
I would be amazed if Quade ran out for GPS after all that Souths have done for him.

Souths were good to Quade in tough times and so too Quade when he played 2017 for them.

Quade was exemplary that season he played QPR.

He was electric at the beginning of the season. Didn't quite get to the same heights after the injury at the kennel. One major brain fade with the kick in the semi. Should have won the comp.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Around the Grounds? Any reports?

Not much to say from Wests v Sunnybank. I think they might of called off the contest in Prems (1 half played) cause of the weather but I’m unsure if it was more of a 3 periods between a mixture of 1st and 2nd grade squad.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Around the Grounds? Any reports?

Not much to say from Wests v Sunnybank. I think they might of called off the contest in Prems (1 half played) cause of the weather but I’m unsure if it was more of a 3 periods between a mixture of 1st and 2nd grade squad.
North’s over Souths in a very soggy affair. 3 x 20 minute halves.