• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2020

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Don't suppose anyone wants to put their hand up to write a round by round preview (or review etc) for the main page?

I'm happy to format and drop in team lists, but a "key takes" etc on each game would be good promo for the comp

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Anyone know what happens with the season and the trophy if we get half a season before a 2nd covid lockdown is enforced?

Don’t mean to sound pessimistic but with Covid cases on the rise in south east it will be worth monitoring in coming days.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Anyone know what happens with the season and the trophy if we get half a season before a 2nd covid lockdown is enforced?

Don’t mean to sound pessimistic but with Covid cases on the rise in south east it will be worth monitoring in coming days.

Probably the same as Super Rugby....nothing. No result.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
Just incribe COVID 19 as it will be the undefeated minor premier have beaten every team in the competition in two rounds;)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Round 1 Hospital Challenge Cup matches are as follows:

GPS v Wests, Yoku Road, 3:30pm (Match of the Round)
Norths v University of Queensland, Hugh Courtney Oval, 3:30pm
Easts v Sunnybank, Sunnybank Rugby Club, 3:30pm
Souths v Brothers, Chipsy Wood Oval, 3:30pm
BYE: Bond University

All four matches will be streamed with the assistance of our live stream partners DoubleTake Sports, and can be viewed via the Qld.Rugby website.

Fisherman123

Frank Row (1)
Gps vs Wests - I have an experienced Gps team to win in a tight one against a young up and coming wests team.
North’s vs Uni - I’d expect Uni to beat north’s convincingly with quality players all around the park
Easts vs Sunnybank- Easts to win with all their players coming back from overseas and Ben Mowen will be huge again
Souths vs Brothers - I think brothers will smash a very unexperienced team in south’s.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Keen to get down to Yoku Rd on Sat and see the Dogs get up. Does anyone know if the QRU intends to publish on-line programs and team lists?

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
I've had a look and there doesn't seem to be any restrictions about going to the games. I'm guessing it will just be the usual stay away from people thing? I far prefer to go to the game than watch on-line.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Just read that all spectators must be seated whilst eating and drinking. Byo chairs is advised.

I wonder they’ll keep on top of that, effectively

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Just read that all spectators must be seated whilst eating and drinking. Byo chairs is advised.

I wonder they’ll keep on top of that, effectively

Will be challenging for the clubs. Have to get a few volunteers to go around imposing this.

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 10.18.57 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 10.19.04 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 10.19.11 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 10.19.18 pm.png

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Gps vs Wests - I have an experienced Gps team to win in a tight one against a young up and coming wests team.
North’s vs Uni - I’d expect Uni to beat north’s convincingly with quality players all around the park
Easts vs Sunnybank- Easts to win with all their players coming back from overseas and Ben Mowen will be huge again
Souths vs Brothers - I think brothers will smash a very unexperienced team in south’s.

I can't claim any expertise here - but my picks and thoughts are identicle.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm loving the streams. I keep bouncing between Easts v Sunnybank and Uni v Norths. I'll probably stick with Easts/Sunnybank for the rest of the 2nd half, as it looks like Uni and Norths has already been decided.

Easts look good. I forgot how much of a machine Ben Mowen is.