• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2021

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I think we’ve got the advantage in the forwards and being a home game, but the West’s backline looks good. EDIT. Hold on I thought Paisami and Petaia were in. Misread the posts above.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
B3A08C69-A59D-4180-BB55-7F44337D3EC7.jpeg
4D9C68B4-65E6-465B-A19A-11350C4CB53F.jpeg

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Does anyone know how often the Rebels guys are up with their clubs during the week?

It's one thing to parachute a winger or a backrow in every now and then, but I can't imagine dropping a 10 in who never gets to train with them is going to be an effective strategy for Wests this year.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Does anyone know how often the Rebels guys are up with their clubs during the week?

It's one thing to parachute a winger or a backrow in every now and then, but I can't imagine dropping a 10 in who never gets to train with them is going to be an effective strategy for Wests this year.

No Idea but sure worked for them today, West’s forwards were great and the back got better and better as the game proceeded

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Really feel for Sean Farrell with South’s losing that game at the end, NOT!!!

He really has bad blood with his old club but he must not know how much of a goose he comes across with his bad chat.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)

I know it's not ideal the training schedule of parachuting a flyhallf into a team. But Sorovi-Gordon-Henry is a known QPR commodity at (9-10-12)

BUT Kudos to Jono Kent, we heard on the Sauce podcast he came to wests to try his meddle at flyhallf, so for him to get shifted late in the week out of 10 Jersey to 15 and then go onto bag a try on his debut. He's the real unsung hero of todays game for me because it wasn't about the number on his back but the logo on his chest.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Really feel for Sean Farrell with South’s losing that game at the end, NOT!!!

He really has bad blood with his old club but he must not know how much of a goose he comes across with his bad chat.

Nice one to pinch at the end there for Uni.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I know it's not ideal the training schedule of parachuting a flyhallf into a team. But Sorovi-Gordon-Henry is a known QPR commodity at (9-10-12)

BUT Kudos to Jono Kent, we heard on the Sauce podcast he came to wests to try his meddle at flyhallf, so for him to get shifted late in the week out of 10 Jersey to 15 and then go onto bag a try on his debut. He's the real unsung hero of todays game for me because it wasn't about the number on his back but the logo on his chest.

Oh, I'd still be playing him there too, but it must be super frustrating to work around. If Kent is there to play 10 it'll be interesting to see what happens down the line.

Do you know if Taj Annan has a club for next year? I'd have to think Wests would be most likely. If that happens I don't see the rebels current plan of sending the Gordon's up for game time working.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I don't know where Taj is going. BBC Boys generally end up at Wests & UQ.

BTW in the rebels 2022 thread. both Gordon brothers are listed as Free Agents for 2022. Could be a chance they are at Ballymore?

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)

BTW in the rebels 2022 thread. both Gordon brothers are listed as Free Agents for 2022. Could be a chance they are at Ballymore?
I was wondering the same thing, Carter looked good for Wests today so did Skelton for that matter.

Gervais_rugbylives

Allen Oxlade (6)
I was wondering the same thing, Carter looked good for Wests today so did Skelton for that matter.

With JO'C re-signing and them having the Lynagh boy, I would be surprised if they could convince Carter to move back in 2022.
The second half of the Wests Brothers game was really good footy to watch with some silky skills on show.

On a side note, the Souths 14 seemed to cop a broken leg, I can't remember his name, but does anybody know how serious it was? It didn't look good at all.

Wilson

David Codey (61)

Yeah, I figured Lynagh would end up at UQ where his dad played so Annan would likely go to Wests, particularly coming from BBC. Would also mean that both the reds development fly halves would be linking up with a reds back up scrum half at club level (depending on who is on the reds bench that week).

As far as the Gordon's go there's certainly a chance, but in leaving they've opened the door to a few other young blokes so they'd be fighting for contract and would probably be offered more elsewhere.

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
With JO'C re-signing and them having the Lynagh boy, I would be surprised if they could convince Carter to move back in 2022.
The second half of the Wests Brothers game was really good footy to watch with some silky skills on show.

On a side note, the Souths 14 seemed to cop a broken leg, I can't remember his name, but does anybody know how serious it was? It didn't look good at all.

Yeah I watched the Souths-UQ game. That injury looked bad, but also (as a South’s fan) it really sucked the fizz out of the South’s fight back. Had all the aggression and momentum (and the lead) until that point, but the long injury break allowed UQ to recoup and they never looked back.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Yeah, I figured Lynagh would end up at UQ where his dad played so Annan would likely go to Wests, particularly coming from BBC. Would also mean that both the reds development fly halves would be linking up with a reds back up scrum half at club level (depending on who is on the reds bench that week).

As far as the Gordon's go there's certainly a chance, but in leaving they've opened the door to a few other young blokes so they'd be fighting for contract and would probably be offered more elsewhere.

I think Lynagh is a few years behind Gordon and you need two good 10's in the squad once JOC (James O'Connor) leaves, how long did JOC (James O'Connor) resign for?

HappiDayz

Bob McCowan (2)
Yeah I watched the Souths-UQ game. That injury looked bad, but also (as a South’s fan) it really sucked the fizz out of the South’s fight back. Had all the aggression and momentum (and the lead) until that point, but the long injury break allowed UQ to recoup and they never looked back.
A friend was at the field and said it looked like a bad injury. He was also quite impressed with seeing both medical teams quickly working together to help the player.
And can anyone confirm that apparently a corner post was used to help immobilise the leg?? If that's true it's McGyver level ingenuity right there.