• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2021

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
I remember seeing him play for SCGC as a 12 year old down at the TAS carnival in Armidale - in the final against TSS. He stood out with his frame and shock of blond hair . But I remember thinking he had no business hitting as hard as he does. He got sent off in that final for a tip tackle too. He’s deceiving in this regard - nothing has really changed. It’s actually his defensive timing as opposed to raw physical power.

Having said all of that....Reds seem set for the next couple of years with JOC (James O'Connor) being backed by Hegarty , Stewart and Henry in the pecking order ....and then the developmental 10’a would be Tom Lynagh ....and ....I’m tipping Harry McLaughlin Phillips will be the other.

Would you rather have Carter over Henry ? I dunno. For me it’s a lot closer than Carter supporters would think . Henry is quality and is a genuine 4 position utility. And a better goal kicker. Carter is probably the better 10 but I wouldn’t have him over JOC (James O'Connor) over the next 3 years and I’m not sure I would have him over Tom Lynagh in 2-3 years from now ....as in , on the last one I genuinely don’t know.

Then you got to consider him in the National equation....and where, like it or not, several others are ahead in the pecking order so at this stage you wouldn’t figure him to figure nationally over the next couple of years and probs not in QLD either.

Can’t keep everyone .

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
QLD Premier Rugby Tipping 2021 has a few changes
  • Starting in round 3, I've been on holidays and completely forgot to set this up.
  • Moved from Google to Microsoft for the platform, let me know if there are issues as I can go back.
  • Points start for teams. Some of the games can be easy to pick so I've added a points start.
In this round the following points starts are:
  • Easts get an 8.5 points start over GPS
  • Sunnybank get 12.5 points start over Bond
  • Norths have a 21.5 points start on Uni
  • Souths have a 9.5 points start over Wests
Tipping can be done HERE
Most weeks I'll post on Friday morning, just wanted to test it early this week.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
QLD Premier Rugby Tipping 2021 has a few changes
  • Starting in round 3, I've been on holidays and completely forgot to set this up.
  • Moved from Google to Microsoft for the platform, let me know if there are issues as I can go back.
  • Points start for teams. Some of the games can be easy to pick so I've added a points start.
In this round the following points starts are:
  • Easts get an 8.5 points start over GPS
  • Sunnybank get 12.5 points start over Bond
  • Norths have a 21.5 points start on Uni
  • Souths have a 9.5 points start over Wests
Tipping can be done HERE
Most weeks I'll post on Friday morning, just wanted to test it early this week.
Hi Jets ,

Might be just me , but Microsoft isn’t letting me log in with a personal email account , saying I need either a school or work address, as in nomad@suchandsuch.com .

Anyway if it’s just me , no big deal. The points start make it very interesting, think I would back all the underdogs with those starts , although South’s has a few injuries last week and had a red hot crack at UQ, they might find it hard to back that effort up.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Hi Jets ,

Might be just me , but Microsoft isn’t letting me log in with a personal email account , saying I need either a school or work address, as in nomad@suchandsuch.com .

Anyway if it’s just me , no big deal. The points start make it very interesting, think I would back all the underdogs with those starts , although South’s has a few injuries last week and had a red hot crack at UQ, they might find it hard to back that effort up.

I was the opposite. I clicked on the link while logged in with a work account, and it said Office Forms was disabled.

Message: AADSTS7000112: Application 'c9a559d2-7aab-4f13-a6ed-e7e9c52aec87'(Microsoft Forms) is disabled.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I have changed the link to a Google one. It's below as well. Work have changed everything to Microsoft so wasn't sure if everyone could use links or only people with Microsoft accounts, obviously the latter.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...da3-RbkGqeTn-_izIAaK9aMQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

In regards to the odds I just like to see at what point people will tip against their team. 21.5 start for Norths against would buck recent trends where Uni have only just beaten the Eagles, especially early in the season. I may have to go against Uni, but probably wont.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
I have changed the link to a Google one. It's below as well. Work have changed everything to Microsoft so wasn't sure if everyone could use links or only people with Microsoft accounts, obviously the latter.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...da3-RbkGqeTn-_izIAaK9aMQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

In regards to the odds I just like to see at what point people will tip against their team. 21.5 start for Norths against would buck recent trends where Uni have only just beaten the Eagles, especially early in the season. I may have to go against Uni, but probably wont.
Mate the reason I did OK last year was that I was unencumbered by expectation for my team Souths last year. I knew they were going to get destroyed and so it proved to be. This year is harder as I think they can win some games.
Gents the first two rounds this year have proven that it is going to be the toughest year to pick on record. Every game has been competitive and I each week every team will have to earn the win.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
One other thing, would we prefer to have a seperate tipping thread that I can pin at the top of the Club Rugby forum? Or would that take away from this thread?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
What I was thinking too, just wanted to put the option out there.

Your Wests team looked quality in the second half last week SouthernX, if they keep Gordon they will worry lots of teams.

Fisherman123

Frank Row (1)
I think we were too confident coming into the game and at half time. Wests got their rhythm and seem to change their plays, or maybe dropped their game plan and went with Gordon and Henry’s direction. West’s forwards outplayed us, and will be real contenders this year. Flook didn’t have the strength in playmaking skill from Creighton and James and couldn’t do too much more than he did. But you’re right, he was very average.

Don't get me wrong, Flook is a good player but I believe young Hudson Creighton is a much better player whilst also being a young guy you could develop. He definitely deserves some game time for the Reds, because he is a massive threat with the ball and also a great defender.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Don't get me wrong, Flook is a good player but I believe young Hudson Creighton is a much better player whilst also being a young guy you could develop. He definitely deserves some game time for the Reds, because he is a massive threat with the ball and also a great defender.
Hudson was great in Colts last year but let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. When Hudson is a standout in Prems he’s worthy of Super Rugby contention. Give him a couple of years. Where do you think his best playing position is?

Mike Bishop

Peter Burge (5)
I think Hudson was better in 1st grade last year than he ever was in colts. He was unexpectedly the best back in that brothers side last year. Definitely best at 12 and has a huge left footed kick

Fisherman123

Frank Row (1)
Also Kalani Thomas is not up to Super Rugby. Must be incredibly annoying for players like Pilz and Dillon. At least they have a good pass and can feed the ball properly in the scrum.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Not a fan of Rebels players playing in Qld. I like it because it’s engages me with the comp and I watch the west’s games now when I have never previously watched a game but it just feels odd them playing there. What are your thoughts?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Not a fan of Rebels players playing in Qld. I like it because it’s engages me with the comp and I watch the west’s games now when I have never previously watched a game but it just feels odd them playing there. What are your thoughts?
Case by case for me.

The Gordon’s are Wests juniors , went to school at BBC which is about 1km down the road from Wests , so makes sense they have a run in QPR when not in Melbourne.

Would imagine the local comp down there wouldn’t give them the same level competition as either QPR or SS would , so better for them to be getting game time in either Brisbane or Sydney.

The issue for me would be if they have no connection to a QPR club and are just being parachuted into first grade at the expense of a developing local lad . Don’t think that does the club or the comp any favours long term .

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Case by case for me.

The Gordon’s are Wests juniors , went to school at BBC which is about 1km down the road from Wests , so makes sense they have a run in QPR when not in Melbourne.

Would imagine the local comp down there wouldn’t give them the same level competition as either QPR or SS would , so better for them to be getting game time in either Brisbane or Sydney.

The issue for me would be if they have no connection to a QPR club and are just being parachuted into first grade at the expense of a developing local lad . Don’t think that does the club or the comp any favours long term .
Yeah it is a big balancing act, I agree they wouldn’t develop as well playing club rugby here but then our focus should be on improving our local system. I don’t mind the idea of playing in Qld as much when TT was up in the air and they were only going to miss the first 3 rounds of QPR due to super rugby. I don’t like sending them to Qld as much when the Super Rugby season is still on.

triplet

Allen Oxlade (6)
Watched GPS v Easts yesterday. GPS had enough ball and territory to win by 30 points but silly mistakes almost cost them. They brought on a complete front row early in the 2nd half and i thought I was seeing the GPS scrum of old - completely destroyed the Easts scrum. Enjoyed the win obviously but somewhat soured by the poor and biased ground announcer. I don't mind biased ground announcing if they are funny or clever but this was neither. At one stage excitedly announcing to the crowd,
"that should be a penalty try" before any ruling was made when the GPS fullback knocked down an attempted intercept on his own line.