• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
I'd love for you to find the statements of me so harshly denigrating Vest.
You've probably deleted them. And I couldn't be bothered to go back to try and find them. I trust that you are honest and that you remember . You and I both know you were pretty dismissive of him a a suitable prospect for the Reds.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

ha! I think I've found it.

This stinging comment has really struck with you hasn't it???

(responding to you expressing amazement he wasn't considered for a Reds squad spot) you're amazed no one has mentioned a 195cm club rugby journeyman?

My previous comments of Vest were:

Connor Vest a very good signing for UQ. A very handy and hardworking lock.

they (Waratahs) also have Connor Vest on a training contract who has been one of the standouts up here for UQ (after previously playing for Norths I think?).

I maintain my interpretation of him is fine. Oh, and no reference to his age....

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
All that proves to me is a bipolarity from initial dismissal where you didn't feel Vest was worthy of being talked about for depth (which he was and now is ) to now sort of being a bandwagoner. And don't talk about sting. Your response on these shows the level of pettiness loud and clear. Move on big guy. I am. It's boring for everyone else and before you get all high and mighty you perhaps shouldn't have led with the Dalgleish dig to take it down this path.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
All that proves to me is a bipolarity from initial dismissal where you didn't feel Vest was worthy of being talked about for depth (which he was and now is ) to now sort of being a bandwagoner. And don't talk about sting. Your response on these shows the level of pettiness loud and clear. Move on big guy. I am. It's boring for everyone else and before you get all high and mighty you perhaps shouldn't have led with the Dalgleish dig to take it down this path.

I acknowledged his value at club level and shortcomings at super level. Agree, time to move on

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
On Vest , he probably doesn’t have the height that coaches would be looking for to play lock at Super Rugby level. However he at least matched , if not got the better of quite a few Super Rugby locks that he opposed in QPR last year. IMO he was regularly the most dominant lock on the field , even when opposing capped Super Rugby players.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
I would not get to concerned Reg DM seems to have taken his angry pills based on the Colts thread this morning.
I think we can all agree that Vest is a decent player who deserves an opportunity at the next level.

I would not get to concerned Reg DM seems to have taken his angry pills based on the Colts thread this morning.
I think we can all agree that Vest is a decent player who deserves an opportunity at the next level.
With the path at Souths blocked for Thomas might the Reds have directed him elsewhere where he would have played ? If this is plausible and in line with a popular belief of the Reds influence over Clubs then it wouldn't connect to your suggestion that Clubs like Brothers and UQ are pillaging Clubs down the rung. Nothing to do with angry pills. Just a disagreement to your statement.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
BTW wasn’t Connor Vest part of the Uni scrum that was pumped by the Easts scrum in the 2020 GF?
How old is Vest - I would have thought his Super Rugby ship has sailed!

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
BTW wasn’t Connor Vest part of the Uni scrum that was pumped by the Easts scrum in the 2020 GF?
How old is Vest - I would have thought his Super Rugby ship has sailed!
27 turning 28 this year. Played 3 or 4 seasons for the Sydney Rays in NRC, moved to Brisbane at the start of 2020.
He was also part of the UQ scrum in 2021 that had very few issues across the season, including against Easts and GPS.
Don’t think the issue was with who was locking the UQ scrum in the 2020 GF.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Looking like a good feisty QPR22 GNG Prem forum this year - bring it on!!! I can’t wait to see who is playing at which clubs, it’s going to be a great comp.

I’m really fired up about the Reds. Vest was a standout for UQ last year, just as Rhys Van Nek was a standout in 2020

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
On Vest , he probably doesn’t have the height that coaches would be looking for to play lock at Super Rugby level. However he at least matched , if not got the better of quite a few Super Rugby locks that he opposed in QPR last year. IMO he was regularly the most dominant lock on the field , even when opposing capped Super Rugby players.
Isn't he the same height as Thorn, who did alright at Super Rugby for a pygmy lock.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Isn't he the same height as Thorn, who did alright at Super Rugby for a pygmy lock.
Not saying he wouldn’t go ok , just that coaches seem to looking for height. Vest would be fine at lock in Super Rugby if you had genuine lineout options at 6&8. No different to ASY (Angus Scott-Young) playing at lock for that matter, height wise at least.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Pretty sure UQ are going out there, maybe against GPS. I thought Jeeps has some relationship with the club out there.