• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

Squinter

Frank Row (1)
What else do I want you ask?
thought my opinion was obvious. Stop trolling around in the South Pacific and Europe looking for players. They are under our nose.
Why not spend the few dollars we do have on developing our own?
This is where the few dollars we have is getting spent. In years gone by it use to be called Elite Player Development Squad and Wider Training Squad etc. Most of our players In our current senior side have come through this system starting off on 5-10-20K-40K during their development seasons.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Stop trolling around in the South Pacific and Europe looking for players. They are under our nose.
Why not spend the few dollars we do have on developing our own?

Haven’t won the Bledisloe in almost 2 decades.
Rugby dying a slow death in the private school system and slowly losing 3rd place to Soccer.

Why do you suggest we shrink the talent pool we scout from & not increase it?

I vote we bring in the international imports & rugby leagues prospects to put bums in seats with wins before the World Cup in 2027!

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
This is where the few dollars we have is getting spent. In years gone by it use to be called Elite Player Development Squad and Wider Training Squad etc. Most of our players In our current senior side have come through this system starting off on 5-10-20K-40K during their development seasons.
It’s more than that. The clubs also get behind our young talent and Academy players and top up rent, expenses and provide jobs to assist in their living costs. I few more donations across all levels would be handy.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
What do you think Tom Lynagh’s thoughts are on this? Red’s contract too?
No mention of a contract with the Reds, looks more like he's on loan/a gap year from Leicester looking for some different rugby experiences.

I can't see Lynagh being upset at all, maybe happy to see others are seeing value in coming over here if he has any reaction to it. Will add a bit of narrative to any potential show down between the two later in the year though.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
My literacy for rugby articles and deciphering them in this forum has been exhausted for the week.

Can someone explain who Dan Lancaster is?

Judging by the previous chat he is a flyhalf who wants to hunt down Tommy L.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
My literacy for rugby articles and deciphering them in this forum has been exhausted for the week.

Can someone explain who Dan Lancaster is?

Judging by the previous chat he is a flyhalf who wants to hunt down Tommy L.
Stuart Lancaster's son.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Lancaster is probably good in wet conditions coming from that part of the world it’s a shame he doesn’t get to show his wet weather attributes this weekend.

Sideline Hack

Frank Nicholson (4)
Reds should be watching them from 13 or 14 years old
Qld rugby needs to put a program below the reds contracts that kids want to play and stay in the game. It use to be NRC but that appears buried now. Especially when any spare cash is going to put into the RWC 27

something like a Reds Academy where kids from 15, 16, 18 and 20 can be monitored and developed? Who would have thought of that

https://reds.rugby/teams/academy