• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

Qldtragic

Ted Fahey (11)
Brothers v Reds Academy should be good, down at Bond.

Forecast is for the wettest day in a quite a while, could make for some scrappy footy all around.
I thought that last week being the first game of the season would have seen poor handling etc but was very surprised at the quality of the play between the filth and red heavies across all grades.

Maybe the rain will have a bigger impact, but I am sure plenty will still give a red hot go to impress coaches.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Who was the aspiring representative rugby union half-back sitting in the front row at the Dolphins game at the same time as the Reds were playing the Force?
Not an issue.. unless he is contracted then yeah there’s some expectation that he watch and analyse

I remember seeing an injured Kurtley Beale at a Rabbitohs games years ago, same time the Waratahs were playing interstate.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Not an issue.. unless he is contracted then yeah there’s some expectation that he watch and analyse

I remember seeing an injured Kurtley Beale at a Rabbitohs games years ago, same time the Waratahs were playing interstate.
Even if they're contracted I don't have an issue with it, as long as they don't have match day duties at the game they can do what they like at the time. There's nothing wrong with watching and analysing after the fact (arguably it's better for clear analysis with the result known). Maybe it's a bit different if it's a finals game or an important late season match, but in that case I'd expect the non-travelling squad to have some sort of viewing planned.

These guys get so few free weekends in the season, it would be insane to stop them from going to the footy with their mates when they have one.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Cullin Cooper Jones is reinventing himself at the kennel as more then just a halfback option.

playing fullback for rebels A this weekend, I thought he looked quite good on the sting for Wests in the Australian club championship game last weekend.

Qldtragic

Ted Fahey (11)
So who are the new players (or colts stepping up to grade) around the clubs we should be watching out for to have a break out year and get us excited about depth in QLD. (or for other franchises to steal)

JRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
So who are the new players (or colts stepping up to grade) around the clubs we should be watching out for to have a break out year and get us excited about depth in QLD. (or for other franchises to steal)
Finn Prass at Brothers. In the Reds Development team first year out of school. Sunshine Coast continues to be a gold mine of untapped potential.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
What’s the go with Moses Jones? I see he’s starting fullback today for GPS.

From what I could gather he’s Quade’s brother and had a Japanese training contract with QC (Quade Cooper)’s club earlier this year but obviously got let go.

Shane Arnold is a handy judge of talent especially in the backs, I’m guessing he’s handy?

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
What’s the go with Moses Jones? I see he’s starting fullback today for GPS.

From what I could gather he’s Quade’s brother and had a Japanese training contract with QC (Quade Cooper) (Quade Cooper)’s club earlier this year but obviously got let go.

Shane Arnold is a handy judge of talent especially in the backs, I’m guessing he’s handy?

Wasn’t he playing at Sunnybank previously? I think in their colts team.

during Covid we had Kerevi, Cooper and Genia all training at Yoku Rd.

Top Bottom