• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
UQ have like 8 home games in a row.
They’ll be strong in backend of comp with that kind of home field advantage… esp with referees who never give the ball of the bounce to the visiting teams

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
I wouldn’t count out GPS just yet… they’ll scrape into top 4 or be major headaches for all top 7 teams trying to make the playoffs.

will be interesting to see the reps players available. Aubrey will be in South Africa for u20s but there’s a bunch of super rugby players at the rebels who could end up playing back end of qpr season
Yes will be interesting for Souths especially whose best players are their under 20's. Saw on the weekend the difference they make in their team.

Ras

Peter Burge (5)
Saw on social media, Tongan Thor saying that he will be playing for Brothers in June/July
Would also anticipate Feasler, Hoopert, Smith, Wilson, Flook, JOC (James O'Connor) and Creighton for the filth come back end.

Hence a new front row and professional backline with:
9 - Christian
10- JOC (James O'Connor)
11- Tim Ryan
12- Paddy James
13- Micheal Bond
14-Flook
15-Creighton

Bench- Adams

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Saw on social media, Tongan Thor saying that he will be playing for Brothers in June/July

& Sir Charles seems to believe brothers won’t have any troubles fitting under the QPR salary cap.

Brothers is the best represented QPR team @ the reds and we haven’t even accounted for the Rebels players there & the former force players on the books.

Paddy James debuts tomorrow for reds - there another 10 pt player for the salary cap

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Sorry if this has been asked and presented before but does someone have a summary of the proposed 'salary cap' for QPR?

It's been spoken about a lot here lately and I have to admit I havent kept up.

CreepyJoe

Allen Oxlade (6)
Would also anticipate Feasler, Hoopert, Smith, Wilson, Flook, JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) and Creighton for the filth come back end.

9 - Christian
10- JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)
11- Tim Ryan
12- Paddy James
13- Micheal Bond
14-Flook
15-Creighton

Bench- Adams
Surely Flook and Wilson will be with the Wallabies....

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
Would also anticipate Feasler, Hoopert, Smith, Wilson, Flook, JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) and Creighton for the filth come back end.

9 - Christian
10- JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)
11- Tim Ryan
12- Paddy James
13- Micheal Bond
14-Flook
15-Creighton

Bench- Adams

There is talk Hamish Stuart is wanting to play QPR for Brothers this year, if this was the case who do you drop? - in saying that those not selected to play wallabies will go into Aus A camp to prep for a game v Tonga in July.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Sorry if this has been asked and presented before but does someone have a summary of the proposed 'salary cap' for QPR?

It's been spoken about a lot here lately and I have to admit I havent kept up.

I posted this a while back which I believe the QPR is modelling it off.

Mug Punter

Ward Prentice (10)
So what happens if a team exceeds the points cap, those players who are deemed surplus to the 100 points can't play at all?

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I posted this a while back which I believe the QPR is modelling it off.

There are a number of differences in the guidelines being used by the QRU. There is no discount for family connections and there is no reference to overseas players.