• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

LevitatingSocks

Sydney Middleton (9)
Apparently Uni are planning on tearing down their current clubhouse and rebuilding it after the conclusion of this season. Unsure what the plan is but the current one always seemed serviceable to me with that nice 2nd floor veranda.

Wonder if the replacement will be a similar building or something akin to the palace over at Wests?

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Apparently Uni are planning on tearing down their current clubhouse and rebuilding it after the conclusion of this season. Unsure what the plan is but the current one always seemed serviceable to me with that nice 2nd floor veranda.

Wonder if the replacement will be a similar building or something akin to the palace over at Wests?

think your limited with what you can do out at stadia de heavy! I’m sure it’s going to be a great new clubhouse… probably project managed by BUILDCORP

always thought brothers would be the next club doing upgrades/tear downs… wonder where they are in process of new facility?

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)

Unlikely to be the like the 'palace over at Wests' as it won't be primarily commercial rental space if it is still within the University precinct. The Wests rebuild did little for players, referees and medical, and still only has two changerooms.

LevitatingSocks

Sydney Middleton (9)
Unlikely to be the like the 'palace over at Wests' as it won't be primarily commercial rental space if it is still within the University precinct. The Wests rebuild did little for players, referees and medical, and still only has two changerooms.
That's disappointing, seemed like there would be more space for the club from a visitor perspective. At least you have the Zambrero's.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
think your limited with what you can do out at stadia de heavy! I’m sure it’s going to be a great new clubhouse… probably project managed by BUILDCORP

always thought brothers would be the next club doing upgrades/tear downs… wonder where they are in process of new facility?
QLD Government shifting plans for Olympics facilities at the Albion Park have delayed any upgrade for Brothers, probably for another couple of years whilst the State Government works out exactly what they’re doing for the Olympics i imagine.

Man from snowy river

Bob McCowan (2)

No sure but you might want to ask Mr Giggles Miles!!

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
Pardon my ignorance CS but in what sense is it the “antithesis?
Humility is one of their published values and that’s a great trait for young men. Flook, McReight, Wilson and Creighton all seem pretty humble. On camera anyway and others can tell us if that’s consistent off field too.

Maybe this season their Colts program will even learn some humility if they continue to struggle for results on field.

Toxic masculinity is everywhere in society but there appears to be a larger than average pocket of it at Albion in recent years. Maybe bad apples. Maybe bad apple trees. Maybe they take the filth tag too literally or too lightly?

All personal opinions not to be taken too seriously if you are a potential SUV driving, Friday night wine loving, platinum blonde hair dyeing mother from Ascot considering where to register your boys.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
I’ll say this about Brothers. After the Colts 1 and 2 GFs last year, some absolutely terrible things were written on social media by Brothers folks about their opponents Souths. Given the different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds of the two clubs, you can probably guess at the vibe of the content. It was vile and still irks me.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Humility is one of their published values and that’s a great trait for young men. Flook, McReight, Wilson and Creighton all seem pretty humble. On camera anyway and others can tell us if that’s consistent off field too.

Maybe this season their Colts program will even learn some humility if they continue to struggle for results on field.

Toxic masculinity is everywhere in society but there appears to be a larger than average pocket of it at Albion in recent years. Maybe bad apples. Maybe bad apple trees. Maybe they take the filth tag too literally or too lightly?

All personal opinions not to be taken too seriously if you are a potential SUV driving, Friday night wine loving, platinum blonde hair dyeing mother from Ascot considering where to register your boys.
Very well summed up CS - I’m picking up what you’re putting down in a Confucius kind of way.

I suspect their Colts programme will improve as the season progresses but suspect their level of supporters won’t.

I’ll keep supporting the humble underdogs - go Norths - love to see this Colts team convert and that’s from a Uni supporter.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
What a difference a week makes for Uni - a win over Brothers and then a defeat to Easts who to this point didn’t look like even beating an egg this season. Just goes to show things are never as good as you think after a win and never as bad after a loss. I thought the tigers were going to have very little impact on the season but maybe I was wrong.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Interesting addition down at wests. Proper little Mexican franchise restaurant now running inside.

Attachments

• IMG_5596.jpeg
    IMG_5596.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 151

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from Bond v GPS yesterday

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
Good win by Easts. They just needed a bit of belief and their first hour yesterday gave them that. UQ maybe a little complacent and tasted a lot of fromage but the Tigers looked like a different team. Especially with Crothers back at starting hooker. Still a young side so expect inconsistency for the rest of 24.

Wests looked like they were comfortable but had their work cut out for periods against Norths. Just too much class in the Bulldog backline. Not sure they have focused for 80 mins yet. When they need it they just press the acceleration.

Brothers far too good across the park for the Bank. Five tries to a hooker gives you a fair indication of their strength. So much depth at the filth and the standard of players to come back after Super Rugby is scary.

Bond eventually got on top of GPS in a drop-athon. Lucky Stan has minis and highlights. And fast forward! Terrible spectacle on the coast. Catching practice Tuesday night.

Store Local Hospital Cup looks like a fight for 4th. Cannot see anyone other than Wests, Brothers and Souths being in the top 3.
Despite the loss to Easts, UQ will be favourites for 4th with their depth and strength in second grade.

LevitatingSocks

Sydney Middleton (9)
here's an interesting if tragic hypothetical: if the rebels cease operations after this season, do we see a big outflow of players from Wests? Do they evenly distribute across the QPR subsequently or do a fair portion vanish to overseas/Qcup?

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
here's an interesting if tragic hypothetical: if the rebels cease operations after this season, do we see a big outflow of players from Wests? Do they evenly distribute across the QPR subsequently or do a fair portion vanish to overseas/Qcup?

a lot of players on the rebels aligned with wests were either playing at wests before their rebels contract or came to wests and then became Melbourne rebels.

My opinion - club rugby in Brisbane is going to be really strong once super rugby season concludes.

I suspect some players will weigh up cotton wooling until next contract is secured or go all in for a qpr hospital cup in hopes they can Segway into another contract.