• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Schools Rugby U/16 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
From that sqaud fred durrough has only just been cut in the last week from the TSS 1st XV, and Tom Kliese is in their 16As, i think Isaac Nathan from TSS could fill the void on a wing as he and Joel Brown are the only 2 u16s in the 1st XV sqaud that still remains

Fred Durrough trialled at Inside Centre for the 16A's against TGS, so he's definitely a candidate. I don't know much about Isaac Nathan but from what you say he'd have to be in with a shot.

Coogee Boy

Allen Oxlade (6)
yes Fred did, i was actually playing in the game yesterday, he would be a definate shot but i would have to think there would be a better 12 than him so he may have to settle for a spot in the white team. Isaac was signed with the broncos as a youngster before giving up union for league when he came to TSS in year 8 but he is in the running for a spot in the 1sts on the wing so you would have to say he will make 1 of the 2 teams. And as for Joel, his game speaks for itself, he is so tough and hard at the breakdowns. Brad Undi would be my other option from TSS, a prop who hits as hard as anyone, i think he may a bolter
Isaac was a stand-out for South Coast u15s last year. Tittor from QLD 15's is playing 15 for combined Catholic- holding his own in the u18's. Peterson who played 6 for Qld Country and Qld State, has trialed solidly for BBC 1st 15 at front row and 6- went to GPS u18 trials and played well but is a relative unkown in GPS system. Bronson Tauakipulu, who was QLD City u15 8 and QLD u15 8 also trialed for BBC 1sts at 2, 3 and 6. Fred Dorrough played well against ACT fro QLD u15's last year, other favoured/rated TSS names trialed last year for QLD u15but were not selected for QLD u15's without the benefit of GPS selectors (!)- just sayin.

Coogee Boy

Allen Oxlade (6)
FYI: Brown (TSS) and Peterson (BBC) were 4 & 8 for South Coast Schools u15 last year: hard to compare with very different positions: but as 7 & 6 respectively for u 15's QLD Country, Peterson got the QLD flanker jersey over Brown because of his stand-out performance against QLD City. Kleise (TSS 16's ) was tireless as QLD u15's hooker but has not found any support as a first year at TSS, they won't even look at him- but he's a class hooker. Halliday handled the u15 QLD jersey with class, should step up to 16's easy. Morehu Atutahi is a solid performer as 1 or 3 for Nerang Bulls and South Coast Schools and Qld u15's , will be interesting to see if he keeps some size in the 16's.

Coogee Boy

Allen Oxlade (6)
i think you will find that Brwon and Peterson will both earn spots, but as you bring up the Nerang bulls they also have many quality u16 players that could break the trend of GPS and AIC players in these teams
True Churr- I've seen the Nerang Bulls Pack this year: very impressive. I believe a number of them have made South Coast u18's.

C

Coastboy

FYI: Brown (TSS) and Peterson (BBC) were 4 & 8 for South Coast Schools u15 last year: hard to compare with very different positions: but as 7 & 6 respectively for u 15's QLD Country, Peterson got the QLD flanker jersey over Brown because of his stand-out performance against QLD City. Kleise (TSS 16's ) was tireless as QLD u15's hooker but has not found any support as a first year at TSS, they won't even look at him- but he's a class hooker. Halliday handled the u15 QLD jersey with class, should step up to 16's easy. Morehu Atutahi is a solid performer as 1 or 3 for Nerang Bulls and South Coast Schools and Qld u15's , will be interesting to see if he keeps some size in the 16's.

From what i've heard while Kleise has certain potential he couldn't lift to the level of 1st XV training let alone games but with another year of conditioning and a year of playing GPS rugby he will certainlly be in contention for next years 1st XV

Coogee Boy

Allen Oxlade (6)
From what i've heard while Kleise has certain potential he couldn't lift to the level of 1st XV training let alone games but with another year of conditioning and a year of playing GPS rugby he will certainlly be in contention for next years 1st XV
Sure, he's still a bit on the small side- another year and he'll be a great asset to TSS- I do think that he'll surprise them in the 16's, he has great work effort. I think the Breakers picked him as players player last year after the state champs, Peterson got 'best forward', Dempsey (QLD reserve 9) got best back.

C

churr

Kliese is a good player but him playing 1st XV next year is unlikely as this years hooker is only in Grade 11, but would not be suprised if he earnt a spot in one of these teams

C

Coastboy

Kliese is a good player but him playing 1st XV next year is unlikely as this years hooker is only in Grade 11, but would not be suprised if he earnt a spot in one of these teams

While thats true i wouldn't put a front row reshuffle out of the question if he can out preform his competiton in preseason

Coogee Boy

Allen Oxlade (6)
While thats true i wouldn't put a front row reshuffle out of the question if he can out preform his competiton in preseason
The impression I have is that TSS have never rated Kleise, he only started this year, he will have to prove himself. However, he is a proven rep (Gold Coast, QLD Country and QLD u15) and a 110% player. Basically he has the work rate of a 4th backrower.

ruggun11

Peter Burge (5)
These teams are quite biased towards GPS, how about the number 7 from Ashgrove, Sam Clarke? Hard working player with speed and ball skills who also made AIC 1.

bsparx

Herbert Moran (7)
I don't think in AIC 1, but dont quote me on that. And i am unsure about AIC 2. But also Ashgroves number 12 Henry Devine was picked in the National Gold Squad last year.
Naryhl Bennett made the AIC 2 team. Great ball runner with alot of pace. I think he made Met West last year.

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
Naryhl Bennett made the AIC 2 team. Great ball runner with alot of pace. I think he made Met West last year.
Peters have some very talented kids and i think Bennett deserves to make qld red. I would not be surprised to see other peters boys pushing for spots especially the likes of Adrian Aiden

ruggun11

Peter Burge (5)
Boys from ashgrove such as Sam Clarke, Mitch Trelevan, Henry Devine and Ryan Hailing, all made met north last year. All strong players in both defence and attack. WIth Sam, Mitch and Henry going onto the firther stages

bsparx

Herbert Moran (7)
Boys from ashgrove such as Sam Clarke, Mitch Trelevan, Henry Devine and Ryan Hailing, all made met north last year. All strong players in both defence and attack. WIth Sam, Mitch and Henry going onto the firther stages
Sam Clarke would definetly have a position in the team making AIC 1. At full back I would pick aiden over treleaven in attack but Trealeaven for defence. Haling would not have a chance against Paulo lelulsio. Devine seems to be a great player who could play in all position but the AIC selectors have picked Bennett. Being his first time playing at second five I've only seen bennett at wing so I'm not sure if he has game against the gps lads. Who would be at the outside centre spot? Schafer?

Coogee Boy

Allen Oxlade (6)
These teams are quite biased towards GPS, how about the number 7 from Ashgrove, Sam Clarke? Hard working player with speed and ball skills who also made AIC 1.
True ... the system is basically set up as a GPS pathway. Most rep schoolboy coaches appear to be GPS, they intern advise QRU and ARU. Because of the investment in GPS rugby programs, GPS boys are pushed ahead of non-GPS boys. Basically, for a non-GPS player to make the Gold squad, regional/state team, they have to be obviously better than their GPS counterpart.

tripod

Stan Wickham (3)
Devine is is a good player but overrated and mate anyone can get a gig in the NGS
Interesting comment! With my simple maths there are 255 players in the GPS 1st XV and AIC 1st XV teams so probably at least 1000 players eligible to be selected in the QLD NGS and last time I looked there was only 27 players in the NGS.

ruggun11

Peter Burge (5)
there are boys in GPS B teams at there respective schools who got a run in the NGS, dont act like your so smart mate, I have marked up on devine before and he wasnt as good as i was led to believe
Obviously didnt mark devine at his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.