• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Schools - Trial Games and Selections 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It's a very strong QLD 1 team, the bench looks very good too. Will be interested to see how many get higher honours, NSW has a fair few guys returning from last year in key positions.

I

iluvfooty

rory humphreys has now made qld schoolboys in both league and union this year now. not a bad effort

Phoenix

Stan Wickham (3)
surprised to see that Brad Wilkin missed out on a spot in either team( not even on the bench)
yeah i know he was injuried, but Jonah Placid was put in with out playing at the carnival( starting 15 at the momentt QLD 1)

and Tim manns over say eddie (NC) who killed it at the carnival.
considering tim manns is a lock and is doesnt have the size and strength eddie at no. 8

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Phoenix returns! Great to have you back mate.

Wilkin's injury was a little more serious and he wouldn't have recovered before Oz Schools. He wasn't picked in AIC 1 either.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
I want too hear about Nicholas Richards bench for QLD 2 goes to Marist anyone fill me in on what kind of player he is because for an 8 he's pretty small

C

churr

surprised to see that Brad Wilkin missed out on a spot in either team( not even on the bench)
yeah i know he was injuried, but Jonah Placid was put in with out playing at the carnival( starting 15 at the momentt QLD 1)

considering tim manns is a lock and is doesnt have the size and strength eddie at no. 8
agreed, QLD 2 would look much better in my opinion if Eddie Tuifao (NC) was at 8, David Finlay-Henaway (TSS) was in the 2nd row and Dan Preen (IGS) or Luke Papworth (TSS) got the spot on the bench

C

churr

Suprise packet for mine could be Shevell Samia who came from no where to get QLD 2 #10 jumper, likes to take risks and play attacking football and i think it might just work, remind me of Dion Taumata of 2010 who played Aus Schools

C

Casey95

Im personally happy to see big Tim Mann's get a shot, defonately deserves it over Eddie. The bigger surprise is that they weren't willing to run the risk on Oppenhiemer being fit, oh well, expect to see a few upsets form the combined states side this year.
3. Hatzis 4. Preen 5. Finlay-Hennaway 7. Wilkin 8. Oppenhiemer 9. James Tuttle 10. Mack Mason 14. Wilson Bennet

18. Tregenza 19. MacMillan

mates95

Allen Oxlade (6)

Wilkin didn't get put in the team because he is still going to be out due to his collar bone when the national titles is on....

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
when is combined states announced?

Was announced today.

QLD players were:
1. Josh Baker-Beaumont -- Marymount College
4. Dan Preen -- IGS
8. Lochie Oppenheimer -- ACGS
10. Patrick James -- NC
12. Landon Hayes -- IGS
14. Jack Heenan -- GT
15. Josh Bowen-Boyer -- BBC

17. Matthew Gough -- Downlands
18. Aaron Sorridimi -- Villanova
20. Luke Papworth -- TSS

L

Lachlan Farr

This combined states team which features a solid number of QLD boys could really cause some issues for the other sides at the upcoming carnival. Blokes like Preen and Oppenheimer have serious potential, as does the #14 Heenan who has tremendous ability and played incredibly well in his last start against BBC (Australian Schoolboys team for mine). The inclusion of Patrick James came as a surprise but good on the lad who is known as 'sticks' due to his frame.

Jenkins9876

Herbert Moran (7)
Good on Patty James for getting a run in the Combined States side, very underrated 10 who is often looked past due to the brilliance of Tuttle outside him.

L

Lachlan Farr

Yes I agree that he has a quality skill-set but his size at the carnival will go against him and he will struggle.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
I am kind of suprised that Tevita Maka didnt get a run or a bench and same with Josh Tregenza

agree too but i really don't see how nicholas richards made QLD 2 over Oppenheimer
those backs in that Combines states team are excellent and Bowen can really do a great deal of damage on a good day
and i love when big players believe that they can run through pat james and end up getting put straight on their ass

Blogs

Frank Nicholson (4)
Glad to see Preen got in CS team he is well worthy of a spot, as is Hayes. Both very promising players. I think CS will do well again this year. They got a top 3 finish last year and it appears from the strength of the team this year they could even go better. Good luck to all the boys who got a second chance.

B

Bob Smith

What happened to other NC boys like Shipperley and Fitzgerald

AusBoyRugby

Stan Wickham (3)
What happened to other NC boys like Shipperley and Fitzgerald

I saw Shipperley at the curtain raiser for the reds when Nudgee, TSS and Churchie had trials. He seemed to have an injury of some sort, but it's hard to be too sure. As for Fitzgerald, I was suprised to not find his name filling in the number 7 spot for Queensland 1 or 2, he either didn't trial or is injured because I think he made Queensland Red or White last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.