• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Schools - Trial Games and Selections 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Was told the QRU are charging the Queensland Schoolboy Rugby Union to play this at Ballymore. Seems wrong to me. Would have thought that they could play it at a club or school ground and save some much needed money.

The amount is apparently more than the Roar pay to be based at Ballymore, not sure if that is true.

Waradog

Stan Wickham (3)
Jets,

I should be surprised that the QRU are charging for the field but I am not. For an organisation that should be supporting / developing rugby they don't always act like they are. It used to be that the hospitality contract was to an external company and they would always want to be paid so maybe that is still the case. And we wonder why Ballymore is a financial black hole?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The QRU seem to be running as the Reds. Was told Qld Schools are paying $5K for the honour of playing at Ballymore. As I mentioned before this is what was told to me so would be happy to proved wrong.

mates95

Allen Oxlade (6)
some results from tongiht.
AIC 2 15 - GPS 3 10
AIC 1 - 10 - GPS 2 19

considering aic 2 went down to gps 3 60-0 last year this win is a great improvement.
AIC 1 v GPS 1 tomorrow night will be a close game I reckon.

ruggun11

Peter Burge (5)
Two Big losses for AIC ! during tonights game, with number 6 Junior, going down with what looked like a wrist injury, and number 12, Devine, going down with a head knock. I do not know the severity of these injuries but reports have told me that Devine is back playing tomorrow

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Was told the QRU are charging the Queensland Schoolboy Rugby Union to play this at Ballymore. Seems wrong to me. Would have thought that they could play it at a club or school ground and save some much needed money.

The amount is apparently more than the Roar pay to be based at Ballymore, not sure if that is true.

Jets, I think when Gregory Terrace fields were unavailable after the floods the school enquired if they could train and play their fixtures (approx 5 home matches) at Ballymore. The powers that be at Ballymore said no problems for $250,000.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Two Big losses for AIC ! during tonights game, with number 6 Junior, going down with what looked like a wrist injury, and number 12, Devine, going down with a head knock. I do not know the severity of these injuries but reports have told me that Devine is back playing tomorrow

Devine had his head snapped back when he fell into a tackle. He looked as though he was knocked out. He was very wobbly when he was helped off. With the ARU concussion rules my observation would be that he will not be playing for mandatory three weeks.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
RESULTS FROM DAY 1 20/6

AIC 2 (15) - GPS 3 (10)
CSS 2 (13) - Chariman's XV (24)
GPS 2 (19) - AIC 1 (10)
GPS 1 (49) - CSS 1 (3)

mates95

Allen Oxlade (6)
tips for tomorrows games?

Day 2 Friday, June 21– 30 min halves
All games on Ballymore Field 2

Pool B

AIC 2 vs Chairrman’s XV 2.00 AIC 2 by 10
GPS 3 vs CSS 2 3.15 GPS 3 by 30+

Pool A
GPS 2 vs CSS 1 4.45 GPS 2 by 30+
GPS 1 vs AIC 1 6.00 GPS 1 by 5

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
tips for tomorrows games?

Day 2 Friday, June 21– 30 min halves
All games on Ballymore Field 2

Pool B

AIC 2 vs Chairrman’s XV 2.00 AIC 2 by 10
GPS 3 vs CSS 2 3.15 GPS 3 by 30+

Pool A
GPS 2 vs CSS 1 4.45 GPS 2 by 30+
GPS 1 vs AIC 1 6.00 GPS 1 by 5
As a long term Mexican lover of ballymore: how come they don't get a run on #1?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Emjay

Frank Row (1)
Does anyone have details regarding how much it will cost to watch the AIC 1 vs GPS 1 and the Classic Anzacs game tonight? I think the man over the speakers was saying you wouldn't be able to just walk in like we did yesterday.

mates95

Allen Oxlade (6)
Does anyone have details regarding how much it will cost to watch the AIC 1 vs GPS 1 and the Classic Anzacs game tonight? I think the man over the speakers was saying you wouldn't be able to just walk in like we did yesterday.

Well tickets for the classics game at $25 as far as I know. So I'm guessing to watch the AIC v GPS game you will have to pay the fee as it is a curtain raiser.

mates95

Allen Oxlade (6)
Junior, Wilkin and Devine are all out of tonight's game against GPS. Selectors want Wilkin and junior to rest their injuries from last nights game.
I'm saying GPS 1 to win by 40

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Jets you are wrong. Schools aren't getting charged for field hire by any means. We have organised medical and security for them which they will pay for. Nothing back to QRU.

mates95

Allen Oxlade (6)
AIC 1 19 - GPS 1 19

GPS up 19-0 at half time

Amazing comeback from aic scoring in the last 10 seconds to make it 19-17 with a kick in front after the buzzer making the score level.

Status
Not open for further replies.