• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade Cooper and Summer Digressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Anything to keep you distracted for a while...

It is pissing down and the Fox reception has gone. Anyway, Cyclo, some of the comments in Time To Sack Deans were not exactly full of praise for his process and selections, and you were on the Lachie Turner bandwagon back then. I'll concede I may have overstated your opinion of Deans but only just.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I wouldn't drop Cooper. Opening up good defence is about moving the defenders out of position and confusing them. Cooper does one or both each time he gets the ball. The gap for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s try was there because they moved up quickly to cut down Coopers space and also because they were too close together on the inside. However, I've never known any Oz players to have run ins with McCaw in the same way Cooper did. His behaviour after that try actually tarnished the win slightly. Too much more of that, and I won't care how many tries he sets up.

T

TOCC

Overreaction.

He made a couple of seriously dumbshit plays, but then a steady head beside him could tell him to pull it back a notch.

He missed a bunch of tackles. Wow. We totally didn't know he'd do THAT.

He was highly involved and had an active hand in all four tries and other threatening play...Hmm...

Oh and wait, what are our alternatives? As per the Deans plan they run to Giteau followed by Beale followed by Barnes. Giteau couldn't play his way out of a wet paper bag, Beale is our best fullback and Barnes needs to take Giteau's place. I think I'll stick with Cooper thanks.

This

T

TOCC

I wouldn't drop Cooper. Opening up good defence is about moving the defenders out of position and confusing them. Cooper does one or both each time he gets the ball. The gap for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s try was there because they moved up quickly to cut down Coopers space and also because they were too close together on the inside. However, I've never known any Oz players to have run ins with McCaw in the same way Cooper did. His behaviour after that try actually tarnished the win slightly. Too much more of that, and I won't care how many tries he sets up.
Ah go back and watch the match
@16:30 David Pocock has a 'scuffle' with Ritchie McCaw

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Are you deliberately misinterpreting my post? Everyone has scuffles. To do what Cooper did is bad sportsmanship.

It is, but he has been having this run-in all season. There has been a lot of niggle between them all season.

I hate to support bad sportmsmanship but it was funny to see

B

Burke's Boot

There is an old adage about the merit of turning weaknesses into strengths.... I wonder if Quade would respond to the challenge of turning himself into the best tackler in the team... can we find some knarled old ex-league player to show him how to do it?

Barnes became a terrific defender by tackling Shane Webke over and over at Broncos training so he could be used as a tackle bag.

B

Burke's Boot

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Are you deliberately misinterpreting my post? Everyone has scuffles. To do what Cooper did is bad sportsmanship.

Yes it is bad sportsmanship, but why is McCaw untouchable? He kicked out at Cooper after he was cleaned out, and he kicked Pocock during that scrum. Just as bad sportsmanship in my book, so to imply that he doesn't do anything to warrant players having an issue with him is drawing a long bow.

And on top of this, when the fuck are referees going to stop the NZ loosies from hanging around in offside positions blocking cleanouts. I saw both McCaw and Kaino do it several times. Some were so obvious, and they lead to NZ penalties as the support couldn't get there in time.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yes it is bad sportsmanship, but why is McCaw untouchable? He kicked out at Cooper after he was cleaned out, and he kicked Pocock during that scrum. Just as bad sportsmanship in my book, so to imply that he doesn't do anything to warrant players having an issue with him is drawing a long bow.

And on top of this, when the fuck are referees going to stop the NZ loosies from hanging around in offside positions blocking cleanouts. I saw both McCaw and Kaino do it several times. Some were so obvious, and they lead to NZ penalties as the support couldn't get there in time.

The penalty that led to Carter's first attempt at goal should've been given to Australia.

The Australian player was holding the ball on the ground, but only because McCaw was standing in the most blatantly obvious offside position blocking support players...

Rolland somehow missed this, but what an Australian forward should've done was put in a Woodcock style shoulder into McCaw's spine and he won't stand there again... if he could stand at all...

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
Campo sure wasn't known for his tackling,but he was an exhilarating player to watch, and he always played the game in great spirit,a great ambassador for the game. You guys are welcome to Cooper.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Probably to late to fix on this tour. I beg the Reds not to hide him in defence next year. Make him make his own tackles and he will improve. Hynes and Anthony Fainga'a covered his arse all year and that is why he has not improved.

T

TOCC

call me pretencious but i fail to see how what Pocock and Cooper did are any different, go watch the replay of the last 5 min, there were no less then 3 head high tackles by the kiwis, you will also see in the 79th minute McCaw perform what would probably be labelled a quite serious grapple tackle had it occured in the NRL on O'Connor, QC (Quade Cooper) was invovled in the clean out at the time so theres no doubting he witnessed it.

David Pocock had a go at McCaw for rucking at one of his props, this also occured after the whistle had been blown, i would have been dissapointed in both cases if nothing was said.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)

I'll add that the last player to kick out at me from the ground like that got my knee in the guts.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Here's the QC (Quade Cooper) / Sir Richie Spat; kick and shove

[video=youtube;TkDTkXuxr7Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkDTkXuxr7Q[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.