• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Asked if he would represent Australia. He said no due to a toxic environment. Go away. Are these jokers on the rugby club trying to emulate FOXNEWS from the US. Dog and Pony show. Why are you all pandering to this clown?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good lord this is not the way to go about things.Who in heaven's name is advising this young bloke?

Credit where it is due - I think. He is a 24 year old professional footballer, not a 45 year old veteran politician. Even the Polies don't feed their young to the wolf pack (most of the time).

Not sure what has been gained, by any party, with him fronting the Rugby Club.

We have a test against the 2nd oldest enemy in a couple of days. Focus!!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The most interesting point in that interview was that 'they' tried to get SBW to the Reds.

I think $BW has probably resided here for long enough to qualify on residency grounds to be a "local" not an imported marquee player. Obviously ineligible for the Wobs due to the Darkness representation.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Actually, I'll give him a wrap. He has clearly drawn a line in the sand and said he refuses to play under Deans again.It takes bottle to do that.
I don't believe any organisation should ever concede to these sorts of demands from players.
But hey he's making a stand.

He never said he wouldn't play under deans, he said he wouldn't play unless there was a national facility, better atmosphere and a more attacking style.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
We use to have a National Facility of sorts at Coffs Harbour. It was was onced lauded as our competitive advantage, but by 2006 it was being blamed for making us 'soft'.

AUSTRALIA'S disastrous European tour can be traced back to their pampered lifestyle in Coffs Harbour.
For years the Wallabies have been vulnerable in northern hemisphere weather conditions and their response has been to pig-headedly train at a five-star resort.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/t...as/story-e6frf4pu-1111112556658#ixzz27fSewQks

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Another 30 pages life left in this thread after the time on The Rugby Club tonight?

Were any genuine questions answered conclusively tonight?

T

TOCC

Lol reading some comments on twitter, quite a few twitter fans from NSW want QC (Quade Cooper) to hang.... No surprises their

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
In mid-2007 ballymore was announced through a federal government grant that Ballymore would become the Australian National Rugby Academy. Full revamp state of the art technology, home of the wallabies and asia pacific team to come train here as we'll. Still notin....
I can't recall want happend but Kevin 07 had something to do with it I think.

So I see his point, his opinion his life. Good luck to him.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
If he's looking for professional training facilities he's in for a shock if heads to the Rooster!

T

TOCC

In mid-2007 ballymore was announced through a federal government grant that Ballymore would become the Australian National Rugby Academy. Full revamp state of the art technology, home of the wallabies and asia pacific team to come train here as we'll. Still notin..
I can't recall want happend but Kevin 07 had something to do with it I think.

So I see his point, his opinion his life. Good luck to him.

John Howard was pork barreling, Rudd cut spending on a few sports related projects like this..

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Anyone still feel like defending him?

Yeah, I'll defend him too. He has enought strength in his convictions to stand by his views.

I don't think he has gone about things the right way either, but from my experience working in an organisation whose culture I believe became 'toxic', ignoring the concerns of the rank and file can be catastrophic. Rightly or wrongly he obviously thinks he has a greivance which was not being addressed.

I don't pretend to know if he raised these issues internally first, if he has support from other players (since I've read media reports saying he definitely does and others saying he is very much on the outer) or the validity of his concerns regarding the facilities/resources.

I do hope now though that he feels he has made his stand and the remainder of this is dealt with behind closed doors.

A

AlexH

Well, he hasn earnt my respect because his motives for speaking out were reasonable and his responses were direct and genuine.

A

AlexH

Spoiled Brat this Cooper. Deans should have fired him many moons ago. No individual is bigger then the team, once this happen you have a tragic to happen.

If his motives were selfish and the issues he raised were unreasonable then you could call him a brat.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Paarl, sure, no individual is bigger than the team. But how is he personally gaining from this? Do you really think he craves attention that much? Not every one who speaks out is a spoilt brat - some people actually do things like this with a genuine desire to bring positive change. Sometimes we even celebrate people brave enough to stand up for their convictions. I actually thought he seemed sincere - even though I don't think he is dealing with this in the appropriate manner.

Maybe your 100% right - but I fail to see how you can be 100% sure.

A

AlexH

The papers would suggest that he is not the only player who feels that way out the Wallabies and ARU set-up either. He is the only one who has gone public though. His message is reasonable and his motives are sincere but I would be silly if I said the way he has gone about trying to fix the situation is not beyond reproach.

Status
Not open for further replies.