• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Ok, so you would like to see the ARU deal with him for using an inappropriate forum to raise his concerns by using an inappropriate forum to broadcast his punishment.

Firstly, won't happen. Secondly, nor should it.

It’s not inappropriate if it’s set up by the ARU as a press conference for that function... its also what he said not where he said it TSR

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Quade's up tomorrow in front of a 3 person panel that includes an independent legal rep plus one rep from both the ARU and QRU.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I hope his head is in a better space than when he was part of the Fox Sports panel, or at his 15 word Press conference before Bled 2.

ARU have every right to be P'd off with him, but he does deserve the right to defend/explain himself at a proper forum like a grown up, not like some precocious talent putting on a show at the circus.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
It’s not inappropriate if it’s set up by the ARU as a press conference for that function. its also what he said not where he said it TSR

If he hadn't raised his comments in public forums - ie twitter & on tv, these 76 pages of discussion wouldn't have occured. Raising a grevience at work within the four walls of your workplace happens all the time. WHERE he said it is a very big part of the problem.

I took the previous comment to be supporting the 'public embarressment' line. If I misunderstood - fair enough, I apologise.

I would like to see Quade publicly express regret regarding the way he has handled this and the furore it has caused - even if he still believes in much of what he said I would hope he regrets how everything has played out. I would also like to see him express 100% commitment to the Wallabies.

However, if the ARU wish to solve this by publicly shaming Quade then I assume what will actually happen is that the panel tomorrow will tell Quade up front his services are no longer required.

If Quade has any future in rugby, tomorrow needs to be aimed at a reconciliation and for that to happen both sides are going to have to suck it up a bit. Quade is not going to agree that he can continue playing so long as he is tarred and feathered in public.

He remains an important chip for the ARU. Rugby is not exactly awash with cash and he puts bums on seats. I doubt this will be lost on the ARU. Even if they only retain him to help their own cause, I believe they will still want him playing rugby.

This doesn't mean the ARU can't take a firm hand - fine him, hand down other punishment, put him on notice. But IMO there will be no public shaming as it is of absolutely no benefit.

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
Whatever happens tomorrow people will think it too much and too little.
I think a fine is the most likely result and wouldn't be without precendent (disrupute).
Something needs to be done to send a message to players that this was not alright and the wrong thing to do (true or not).

How tight are genia and cooper? I get a feeling they've grown apart a bit over the last year or so.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
It may be worse than that. He may be sentenced to use a Windows phone.

I hear Nokia are keen on securing his services and are willing to let him use this as part of the deal.
nokia5110.jpg

Anyone who has used one of these knows how addictive that 'Snake' game was.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
ARU been supportive of Cooper in the past, tolarating his behavours, misadventures etc. He needs to respect this, the game doesn’t need Cooper he needs the game.

I'd have to say they need each other. As said previously he puts bums on seats. The current sports market being as competitive as it is, they need all those bums on seats to make max $. Quade sells tickets, without him being part of the Reds team they'll struggle to reach the 40k membership mark they've set.

I can see him being fined but not suspended.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How will we first find out the outcome of the "session"?

a. QC (Quade Cooper) Tweet
b. ARU Media Conference
c. ARU Media Statement
d. ARU News item on Rugby.com.au
e. Story in the papers
f. Fox Sports TV
g. Fox Sports Web Page
h. Tom Waterhouse Gambling announcement (presume he has a book running on this).

There would be some sweet irony if it was a.

Status
Not open for further replies.