• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I admire your balls for putting forward the argument that a non drinking, non smoking, clean living, Aboriginal and Muslim, hero and outspoken advocate of Indigenous people is not marginalised in contemporary Australia.

What Nasser gives these guys is choices and opportunities and therefore a sense of importance and value. Please compare that to the condescending and mocking JON missive that virtually said 'accept the offer or f. off'. A message aimed not only at QC (Quade Cooper), but also to others in the team who might be thinking of adding to the argument.

I agree Hammy that under the management of Nasser these men have been provided with many opportunities that provide significant earning and public notoriety. He obviously is dedicated to his trade and I can't fault him for that.

But I don't get your problem with the ARU media release when you look at some of the facts that are known. IMO It was a strong response. We know that the ARU and Cooper have been in negotiations for months. The latest offer was put in July. What has been Coopers response to the latest offer? Well it appears that he has rejected it by his public comments.

It's not unusual in contract/agreement negotiations to air what you think are all the "problems" to get the other party to shift or reconsider. There is obviously an impasse here and "final offers/positions" being taken off the table is hardly a surprise.

The ball is clearly in Quades court here.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Meanwhile, back in the real world......wasn't Nick Phipps enthusiasm about the coming game refreshing on the Rugby club last night. Great to see someone enjoying their rugby and excited to be in the team.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
We never won shit with Giteau either. He's hardly the antidote.

There have been a few comparisons between Cooper and Giteau on this thread. That's pretty unfair on Giteau I reckon - his year-long blow up and exit was way better than this one. That moment where he kicked the goal to deny the reds a bonus point, and told Stephen Moore to "fuck off because I'm the captain" was one of the best things I've ever seen on a football field.

He might have been playing shit, but he was a hard nut by the end of it and I feared him as an ABs fan. This current one is just a tantrum. + 1 Giteau.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Meanwhile, back in the real world..wasn't Nick Phipps enthusiasm about the coming game refreshing on the Rugby club last night. Great to see someone enjoying their rugby and excited to be in the team.

Stay on topic. Geez these fullas in the West..... :)

Agree though and he seemed genuine that he was getting support from the team. Obviously those interviews were done pre-Rugby Club, I'm interested in what will be said either pre game tomorrow or post game regardless of the result.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I agree Hammy that under the management of Nasser these men have been provided with many opportunities that provide significant earning and public notoriety. He obviously is dedicated to his trade and I can't fault him for that.

But I don't get your problem with the ARU media release when you look at some of the facts that are known. IMO It was a strong response. We know that the ARU and Cooper have been in negotiations for months. The latest offer was put in July. What has been Coopers response to the latest offer? Well it appears that he has rejected it by his public comments.

It's not unusual in contract/agreement negotiations to air what you think are all the "problems" to get the other party to shift or reconsider. There is obviously an impasse here and "final offers/positions" being taken off the table is hardly a surprise.

The ball is clearly in Quades court here.

Cooper is the star here. He is the most gifted footballer we have seen in a long while. If he wants this and that, we get him this and that until it is time to say sorry that is all we can give. Say it firmly, but with a smile and graciousness that leaves the door open for future negotiations.

As someone who negotiates every day the media release from the ARU transgressed every instinct I have ever had about reaching a deal. Would you write an open letter like that about a person you would want to lead your companies endeavours? I doubt it. I feel it was written to intimidate QC (Quade Cooper) and others to prevent further airing of the problems that may or may not exist in the Wallaby camp. Why? I thought we wanted this guy.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It has become obvious that the ARU have decided that they have decided that there is too much risk in having QC (Quade Cooper) as the man to lead ARU company endeavours.

QC (Quade Cooper) and mangement team have no one to blame but themselves.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Cooper is the star here. He is the most gifted footballer we have seen in a long while. If he wants this and that, we get him this and that until it is time to say sorry that is all we can give. Say it firmly, but with a smile and graciousness that leaves the door open for future negotiations.

As someone who negotiates every day the media release from the ARU transgressed every instinct I have ever had about reaching a deal. Would you write an open letter like that about a person you would want to lead your companies endeavours? I doubt it. I feel it was written to intimidate QC (Quade Cooper) and others to prevent further airing of the problems that may or may not exist in the Wallaby camp. Why? I thought we wanted this guy.

Is cooper really the most gifted footballer we have seen in along time? It's hard to argue, is it because he plays 10? Do we give Pocock everything he wants as well cos he is the best we have seen in a while at his position? What if JOC (James O'Connor) wants something? What if they all want something different? What happens to the concept of team? Quade isn't bigger than the game, he isn't the worlds best in his position. He is a very marketable star, especially for Qld and plays a style that provides clips to highlight reals. T say the ARU should be trying to make him happy at all costs is a load of BS, they should conduct negotiations to the same degree as any player inorder to keep everyone happy.

As for the media release, the main problem here is Quade has a manager, he is part of the players union and has representatives available to him to talk to, one of which is on the board at the ARU. He has a guide book on how to handle complaints and has ignored it all. He went public and broke protocol, the ARu wrote to him and then released a statement saying they wouldn't be conducting this in a public forum. What happens, Quade goes on the rugby club. The only dots that need be connected are that the ARu asked Quade to make no further public comments. He did. So the ARU decided to seize it as an opportunity to inform the public that Quade has never brought up the problems he speaks of, and as a result of his repeated outbursts he is rightfully in a shitload of trouble.

To believe that JON and a few others are sitting round like Nazis writing propaganda to intimidate and force compliance is pretty Ridiculus.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)

On the surface it looks as if they have given him this and that back in July.

Personally I don't think he's the most talented footballer so maybe we'd start from different positions if we were handling the negotiations. I see and deal with negotiations between employers and employees every day and theres a wide range of tactics to be used. Quade brought it into the public arena. He made claims against the organisation. An organisation that has a media presence like the ARU would not sit idly by without a response. Thats not an unusual step in this climate.

Unfortunately I don't think they see him as leading the endeavours. He is part of the sum. And if he thought he was leading the endeavours would he really have taken this course while those he is supposed to be leading are on the other side of the hemisphere preparing to go into battle. I don't doubt they want him, but as part of the team, not calling the shots.

The ARU have given him and his management 3 months to consider their offer. There was no talk of that offer not being made in good faith, so when there is a game changer like the public episode weve just seen, then threatening to pull the offer IMO is not an unreasonable step in a negotiation. I've seen those very tactics used in something I'm dealing with right now.

numbertwo

Peter Burge (5)
To be honest I feel sorry for the kid. He is trapped in a mess that he has neither the mental nor linguistic skills from which to extricate himself. This is what happens when you have kids making a name for themselves when young and being managed by people blowing wind up their arse. He's a silly kid way out of his depth. coaching school 1stXVs these days is a bloody nightmare. God help you if someone makes the schoolboys side, The piranas are circling.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
At High School we often have lads who rate themselves higher than reality suggests. Sometimes rightly, sometimes wrongly they blame the coach. Those that continue to do so publicly and stridently after a quiet word, often find themselves playing in a lower team. Or another school (by choice). Doesn't happen very often. But it does happen.

If he just kept his mouth shut and looked for other options he could have slagged off ARU/Deans from a distance. What coach in his right mind would want him now?

I am pretty certain that an AB player behaving like Quade would be told to fuck off quick smart.

This whole thing is like watching a slow motion train wreck. It is not going to end well for him I fear.

W

Waylon

I'm over this player power sh1te

I am a huge fan of QC (Quade Cooper) in terms of rugby ability and what he does for fans post game etc.

Sadly for QC (Quade Cooper), he doesn't have a lot of emotional intelligence

His personal crusade shows a disrespect for the wallaby jersey, wallaby tradition, his employer, his coach, his team mates who are preparing for an international to represent this country......... and has alienated and disappointed the Australian rugby community

This is one of the dumbest things I've seen in sport.............apart from Anthony Mundine walking out on the Dragons and telling everybody he was going to be the next Mohammed Ali, $BW walking out on the Bulldogs...........a common link?

A New Zealander is prepared to give his own life for an allblack jersey. Even the greatest ego in the history of sport toed the line for an allblack jersey.

QC (Quade Cooper) doesn't respect the national jersey. He has stated he has played his last game "unless the toxic culture" changes. The bloke lacks the resilience and intelligence to wear our national rugby jersey.

If the ARU has any bollocks, they should end this circus and tear up his contract as of Thursday.

No player is bigger than the game

I can't say I have been pleased with Deans' game plans or the selections in the backline. I agree the tactics have not suited QC (Quade Cooper) style. I can understand QC (Quade Cooper) would be frustrated.

This does not give him the right to air his dirty laundry in public, criticise team mates and coaches, the ARU and bad mouth and disrespect the traditions of rugby in Australia.

Those farkheads on the Rugby Club should have been a bit less sympathetic to his ego and pointed out a few home truths.

The whole sorry affair is a circus

sack him ( and it hurts me to say it because I am a massive fan of his ability)

It's time to select players that will spill blood for a wallaby jersey. I like this bloke Hooper. That bloke has massive ones and the tenacity and attitude to take Australia back to the top of world rugby. Your attitude determines your altitude. We need more from his mould.

Kevin Mealamu wakes up and says to himself "I'm an allblack, and I have to get out of bed and train to be worthy of the jersey". Until the wallabies develop this mindset and respect and ambition of excellence, they will always be second best. Childish tantrums do not deserve respect especially in the environment that is international rugby.

No sooks please

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I am a frequent critic of the ARU but I don't see that they had much choice here: all the players and even the lesser officials have to know and understand who is driving the bus: hell, there are many threads complaining that no one has been at the wheel from village rugby to u20s. Negotiating theory is all fine but this is not merely a two party process here, there a many and wider considerations.
It is hard to imagine any coach enthusiastically signing QC (Quade Cooper): he would run the risk of being on the end of this sort of criticism. But the organization would be even less likely to be interested for similar reasons. The slightest hint of favoritism to him would be divisive within any team containing players with any sort of profile and could lead to those players employing similar tactics to gt what they wanted. Many bridges have been burned in this soap opera.
Finally, for all the money he brings them, is Khoder Nasser worth the angst. All 3 of Mundine, SBW and now QC (Quade Cooper) have had these sorts of blow ups with clubs/employers. It's crash or crash through stuff. The other 2 had options but I can't see QC (Quade Cooper) getting in the ring or playing league. So has Nasser only got this one shot in the locker - confront and walk if you don't overcome the other party to the negotiation?
I now feel sorry for QC (Quade Cooper).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Waylon, that encapsulates my feelings on the matter. I too think QC (Quade Cooper) is a fantastic talent, but he hasn't just shot himself in the foot here, he's blown the thing clean off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom