• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Questions for James O'Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Discretely throw is an excellent bad translation.

as is the following:

"....today evolved as 2nd in Racing 92" (On Ali Williams)

"...is three-quarterback center of RC Toulon" (on Rabbit)

Good old google translate.

They also had apparently had a few

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
flight668_zps1b387a76.gif

HOW LIFE FEELS FOR A COKED-UP BIEBER IN PARIS, FRANCE.

T

TOCC

Just when you think he has actually reached a level of maturity to redeem himself he pulls another rabbit out of a hat..

No Oz Super Rugby team will want a bar of him now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Real shame. would have done nicely coming back with Genia to the Reds. A kicking winger with jet shoes is what we need. Plus guys like G.Smith, Moore and Thorn wouldn't let him get away with shit.......but now wouldn't touch him if this is proven true.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What's his legal status in France? If he's there on some kind of work visa you'd think there'd be some kinda good character requirement (although they let Todd Carney in so maybe not :)) in which case he could potentially be deported.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Real shame. would have done nicely coming back with Genia to the Reds. A kicking winger with jet shoes is what we need. Plus guys like G.Smith, Moore and Thorn wouldn't let him get away with shit...but now wouldn't touch him if this is proven true.

He is a destructive personality and would have brought down the other players.

People don't change, they may be able to restrain themselves from doing bad or illegal things but deep down it is built in to their personality.

If you decide that the criminal law and sporting regulations (drug testing) do not apply to you then you will always think you are better than the rest of society.

This is why so many top level sport stars are so good, they genuinely think the rules don't apply to them because they are so special.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Conspiracy. Carter, now Williams and poor James, the French police have obviously had enough of there national side getting flogged and are set to shake some foreigners up. I call set up, or he is just a massive dick.

Bit sad really.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
The old adage of "how many business people smash coke without it being a big deal" applies here methinks.

Does that mean it's a good branding/business decision to get him involved in a super rugby team and thus potentially the Wallabies? Probably not.

But still, not really that big of a deal.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
The old adage of "how many business people smash coke without it being a big deal" applies here methinks.

Does that mean it's a good branding/business decision to get him involved in a super rugby team and thus potentially the Wallabies? Probably not.

But still, not really that big of a deal.
100% agree. But.... Not everyone else does and this shit sticks.

He's one to watch from a player welfare perspective. No education, apparently few prospects outside of rugby and he's actively shitting that bed as we speak.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Moondog

Stan Wickham (3)
Angry and sad at the same time with O'Connor. He was very gracious with fans in the tens recently and people I know that know him through work say he is really a nice guy and gives a lot of his time and $$$$ to charities etc.

But I will wait for the whole story and facts to come out. They have to get off the bloody booze. Some players just can't handle it, one of the big problems in sport as well as cocaine
I am sure bad headlines of Ben Barba will be next

Karmichael Hunt has been in trouble before including cocaine trafficking and the alleged rape of a young woman in a toilet with two other Broncos players

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
100% agree. But.. Not everyone else does and this shit sticks.

He's one to watch from a player welfare perspective. No education, apparently few prospects outside of rugby and he's actively shitting that bed as we speak.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
He's from a wealthyish background, is a good looking bloke, and is far more famous than most rugby players. A lot of guys like him have etched out media careers.

It's not so hard to go from controversial to just 'a lovable larkin', in time. Charles Barkly did so much stupid shit and he's a top NBA commentator, given there are more media $$$ and jobs in that sport. Brendan Fevola is another example.

I think priority 1 is just to spend the last 5-9 years of his rugby career with no controversies. Depending on the outcome of this investigation the 'Wallabies' are probably off the table, if they weren't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.