• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Questions for James O'Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Timmsy and I are pre-recording an interview with The Brand tomorrow - who's got any questions?
(serious ones will be considered)

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Where does he see the James O'Connor brand going in the next 4 years and what is his favourite part of being a Justin Bieber look-alike? How much input does he have into his clothing and make-up in the Swisse ads?

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Are Swisse vitamans that good?
Where do you get your hair cut?
Why don't you Pull your rugby socks up?

Rugby questions,

Ummmmm............................:)

I tried to think of something serious, but got nothing.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Do you see yourself as an inside centre of flyhalf in the long term?

Would you like to talk about the rumors of negative work ethics and behavior at the Rebels?

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Which aspects of the rugby program at the Rebels appealed to you and lead to you signing for them?

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not doubt your a good player, your still young and plenty of rugby infront of you. Do you think you could be a better Rugby player if you stayed with QLD, or signing with the Tah's or Brumbies. At the time (tahs/brum's) Playing with the better teams in Australian and the more traditional rugby franchises that are not driven by money such as Force and Rebels.

Or deep down you love AFL and you would be more happier in melbourne.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Your goal kicking and general play kicking has continued to improve and develop over the past few seasons. Has there been any specific coach or coaching technique you've adopted to continue this improvement?

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Many, including on this forum, have reacted negatively to the "brand" comment when signing from the Rebels. You have since stated that you were misunderstood - would you like to take the opportunity to clarify this?

I honestly think the brand thing was a poor choice of words - how often have we heard people say that this or that team plays an exciting brand of rugby? I think what he meant was along similar lines - rather than himself as a brand. Maybe - might be worth finding out as many rubbish him over this.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Did you talk about yourself in the third person when you were a kid or was that something that you were taught once you became a professional sportsman?

Who is better at XboX? You, Kurtley or Quade?

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Many, including on this forum, have reacted negatively to the "brand" comment when signing from the Rebels. You have since stated that you were misunderstood - would you like to take the opportunity to clarify this?

I honestly think the brand thing was a poor choice of words - how often have we heard people say that this or that team plays an exciting brand of rugby? I think what he meant was along similar lines - rather than himself as a brand. Maybe - might be worth finding out as many rubbish him over this.

To be fair to him, I have heard him say in an interview since then that the brand comment came out completely wrong and that he does regret saying it. He suggested that he was trying to emphasize that the brand of rugby that a team plays was important to him or something along those lines. Although doesn't really explain how he ended up at the Rebels.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Who can put more beers away - you, Gilbert or Quade? And who does better with the ladies?

On a serious note, in recent years the Wallabies back line has often relied more on individual brilliance than organised play. Do you see the team taking a more structured approach as the younger generation gains experience?

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
What's his opinion on the fabled 3rd tier?

What's his opinion on growing club rugby and rugby in general in Melbourne?

Considering he was considered 'too small' for rugby league, what advice does he have for others that aren't considered large in rugby union? Positional, training wise and technical approaches to getting around these supposed shortfalls?

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
What are your long-term ambitions for rugby and sport in general? What do you see yourself as having accomplished in 10 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.