• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

R3 - Brumbies v Hurricanes - 1 March 5:35PM AEDT - Palmy North

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I ended up doing chores as the game lost me after 70 minutes - won’t write off the brumbies but yes they need to regroup as mentally we’re not on song tonight. Hurricanes good but not that good to excuse what was a poor brumbie performance.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez ,I enjoyed that. Ok as a Cane's man, but I thought it was enjoyable game to watch. Tiatia looks like he will go alright at this level, Kirifi at 7 is same, which is good for the depth. Canes still light in tight 5 apart from Coles obviously. Backline looks not too bad at all.
For the Brumbies not sure why they seemed to slow down in 2nd 40, was disappointed with the Pocock YC, agreed with penalty , and was quite glad Canes didn't win game while he off.
This seems a bloody good comp this year.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Thought Matt giteau showed good insights on fox sports until closing remark for brumbies of ‘lot of great things tonight but some learnings’

Something like that -

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Whoever is the brumbies attack coach is a genius. Not often you see one team set up almost every try scored throughout the match......... Including those scored by the opposition.

Good effort that.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Then they go back and card Pocock for that piss weak excuse of a penalty

If he'd awarded a PT I'd agree with you but tackling a guy without the ball in a potential try-scoring situation is a card all day long.

I'm adding this to my increasingly long list of things I'm looking forward to seeing an AB do & no one on here blowing up about it.........

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
If he'd awarded a PT I'd agree with you but tackling a guy without the ball in a potential try-scoring situation is a card all day long.

I'm adding this to my increasingly long list of things I'm looking forward to seeing an AB do & no one on here blowing up about it...

You're going to be beating that horse for a while if you're trying to show us our double standards on an aus rugby forum. Good luck though!

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I didn't rate the Brumbies that highly last week saying something along the lines of the blow out score flattering them because the opposition was terrible. This was the reality check, and the unfortunate fact is they didn't play that much different to last week, it is just that the opposition actually turned up.

One dimensional in attack, poor skills even to the point of running upright into tackles that juniors are coached out of, and just weak in defence. Even after two weeks I see the Brumbies and the Tahs fighting it out for the Australian wooden spoon if not the competition, in a three way race with the Moon Dogs.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Nah we'll win it this year - we got carried awa after last week. Week 1, didn't quite click. Week 2 - (aided by the Chiefs being shite this year) it all clicked, and we played the way McKellar is trying to get them to.

Muscle memory is a bitch though - Canes turned up and rinsed us at the breakdown. Never seen Pocock so quiet/nullified- the sloppy/slow ball we got is the difference between Chiefs result and Canes result.

Win the breakdown and we get to run it. If we lose the breakdown, you cant chuck it around willy-nilly and hope for the same result.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Nah we'll win it this year - we got carried awa after last week. Week 1, didn't quite click. Week 2 - (aided by the Chiefs being shite this year) it all clicked, and we played the way McKellar is trying to get them to.

Muscle memory is a bitch though - Canes turned up and rinsed us at the breakdown. Never seen Pocock so quiet/nullified- the sloppy/slow ball we got is the difference between Chiefs result and Canes result.

Win the breakdown and we get to run it. If we lose the breakdown, you cant chuck it around willy-nilly and hope for the same result.
The Kiwi's seem pretty effective and dealing with Pocock these days.