• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

R3 - Reds vs. Crusaders - Suncorp

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
I am stjill wondering what happens if a player is otherwise injured and leaves for a HIA, is replaced, but doesn't return to the field after passing the HIA due the other injury. Will the replacement than be required to leave the field? Not necessarily a hypothetical, as there would be temptation for a head injury to be claimed for HIA purposes just to get a replacement when the real issue is some sort of other injury that does not have automatic replacement protocol.
The law doesn't discriminate for why they can't come back once they come off for an HIA, so the replacement is fine.

Is temporarily replaced (even if all the replacements have been used). If the player is not available to return to the field of play after 10 minutes (actual time) of leaving the playing area, the replacement becomes permanent.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I hope not Strewth, but it does look like interpretation might come into it. I'd much prefer the situation described by WOB above.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ Strewth's understanding of the Laws, esp the finer points, is way ahead of mine so I'm gunna defer to him on this one :).

I guess the likelihood of someone passing an HIA but being unable to continue for another reason & having been replaced by a previously-subbed-off player & all substitutes having been used is so rare it can be not worth providing for in the Laws.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Hey, WOB, ignore Murphy's law at your peril. If Murphy is awake and well, we should expect to see just that situation arise this weekend.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
I completely agree and you seem to agree with me also...my comment was a response to my original comment that he should not have started, because his physiology isn't there yet. YET. 2 seasons would be about right.

Except tracking, which is more correlated towards awareness and positioning then speed for a tight 5.

In agreeance... from your post I thought you were saying he wouldn't get there physically. For the record I think he would be fine to start if we didn't have 2 wallaby 2nd rowers already in the squad but he just wouldn't have a big physical presence with ball in hand. Will be better for his development to come off the bench and get his body to be introduced to the physicality at a bit of a slower rate.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
If the guy policing substitutions doesn't know that a player taken off for a HIA can be replaced by a player previously subbed off tactically then he shouldn't be the guy policing substitutions.

SANZAR issued a formal apology yesterday. I see mitch hunt failed the concussion recovery test this week and wont be playing on the weekend.