• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

R7: Waratahs vs Sunwolves - Friday 29 March @ Newcastle

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I'm ready to call the Mason experiment a failure.

Is it an experiment? he has been at the Waratahs for 3 bloody years now, the real question is why wasn't he given more game time before this. I asked it a couple of weeks ago, when the outcome of the game was already determined why wasn't Mason getting game time and experience?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
That was awful but about 25 of the 31 points against came from the resting policy. No names mentioned. Onwards we march

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
MFW%2Bi%2Bsee%2Ba%2Bhilarious%2Bpostcomment%2Bbut%2Bim%2Bat%2Bwork%2B-%2BImgur.gif

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
Waratahs can't hold off the team getting the chop?! For real? How does that leave the standard of play when Sunwolves go? Holy shit

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
We only beat these guys by a point a couple of weeks ago, it's a bit arrogant talking about resting players IMO.

We know we have to rest a bunch of players (Kepu, Simmons, Hanigan, Hooper, Dempsey, Foley, Beale, Folau) once or twice this season.

Given the only player we have rested so far is Beale for one game and we're a third of the way through the season we need to start.

It's either a case of tanking games against the toughest teams by using those to rest players or trying to do it in matchups where you think you can still put a solid team on the park and compete.

I think it's far more reasonable to give Mason his starting debut against the Sunwolves at home than in South Africa for example.

There's way too much common sense in this post. Sure we beat them by 1 at their home but they are away this week, we are home. If we can't rest Folau, Foley, Dempsey and Kepu this week we are no chance of making the semi's. Hooper should be missing too but his rests will have to wait for Miller's return.

How's that resting players plan going guys?;)

As I said, the height of arrogance from a team which has no reason to be arrogant about anything.

Got what it deserved.

One of the first lessons I learnt in sport was to respect your opponent.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
That last penalty from Hanigan has me irrationally irritated.

Like for fuck sake mate. We are 2 points behind with a few minutes to go, have them under pressure in their 22 and you are the only cnut in the ruck. Don't give away a sloppy penalty.

I have my nieces over tonight while my brother and sister-in-law are at a wedding. It took at lot of restraint on my behalf not to call him a STUPID C@#T!!! out loud. SEriously, so much stupid out there tonight.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

As I said, the height of arrogance from a team which has no reason to be arrogant about anything.

Got what it deserved.

We had to rest players, regardless.... how is it arrogance? The Sunwolves are still one of the weakest teams we have to face.

Shit comment.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)

Got what it deserved.

And for what in God's name are they resting them? They aren't playing Tests now - they might need to rest up before the Test window - but really - does the Super Franchise want to win the Super Rugby competition or supply well rested and un-match-fit players for Tests?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
And for what in God's name are they resting them? They aren't playing Tests now - they might need to rest up before the Test window - but really - does the Super Franchise want to win the Super Rugby competition or supply well rested and un-match-fit players for Tests?
It wasn't the Tahs idea to mandate rests for Wallabies, obviously.

What are you blokes smoking?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
'un-match-fit' because they miss 1 or 2 Super games?

Fuck it, i'm going to bed.