• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

R7: Waratahs vs Sunwolves - Friday 29 March @ Newcastle

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
And for what in God's name are they resting them? They aren't playing Tests now - they might need to rest up before the Test window - but really - does the Super Franchise want to win the Super Rugby competition or supply well rested and un-match-fit players for Tests?

If they didn't treat Super Rugby as just a glorified trial system for the Test arena they might give a shit.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
So we have a conference where any team can beat anyone on the day.

Surely, that is what everyone wants. I

Why is anyone surprised by that result?

Especially given the emotion surrounding the SW axing. Very similar to the last game vs the Force.

We were lucky to get the first 1 point win. Rest your best players, and give yourself every chance of losing next time.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Didn't hear any of the commentary, as was in a pub.

But where was Little?

And I saw a sub on for Sunwolves called Emery. From North's? Anyone know

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
With the amount of experienced players and wallabies still present in the Tahs side they should have still won. The problem is they still go side to side because they lack the go forward to get them over the advantage line to give the backs room.

This would have been the game to give the Big South African a run to see what he has but I guess he isn't light and mobile so of course not.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Mason had quick sand tonight. When one thing went wrong, then another and so on it kept getting worse for him as he tried to pull himself out of it.

He should have gotten a bit more game time these last few years to give him the experience not expect him to save the day with no time under his belt. He had a shocker yes but hopefully he will bounce back. He looked defeated on the sidelines.

Listening to the after game review on Fox sports they were saying that he can't be expected to come in with no time then run things.

Even Foley has had a bad year.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Yeah what did happen to the Blue Wall. I guess you're missing your best defender in Foley, but you'd think you could cover.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Is it an experiment? he has been at the Waratahs for 3 bloody years now, the real question is why wasn't he given more game time before this. I asked it a couple of weeks ago, when the outcome of the game was already determined why wasn't Mason getting game time and experience?

Just maybe, this game provides the answer?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
That was awful but about 25 of the 31 points against came from the resting policy. No names mentioned. Onwards we march

KOB, that's true to an extent. But it was equally, or more so, true of the Crusaders last week. If tonight's Crusaders team had player last week the result would have been significantly different.

BTW, without Hooper, the Tahs have very little going for them this year. Hooper played a tremendous hand tonight, but nobody else really stepped up.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Couple of bits of skill in that match that were the Absolute Standard of Excellence
  • the scoop steal from Hooper was one of the best pilfers I've ever seen
  • Parker's late conversion, hitting it into the wind about 5 metres right of the post and drawing it in was unreal. He had about a 1 metre vertical window of opportunity. Probably the only time in my life i might search for a replay of a kick.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
The Tahs could do much worse than bring tony brown in next season. Also offering some Sunwolves players contracts.

Find out if Hayden Parker has an Australian grand mother but there is the Australian made talent in Gunter and Vosayaco given a legitimate opportunity at one of the franchises.