• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Randwick Vs Argentina 7/9 @ Coogee

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I am trying to go to this game with a few mates but my missus asks but why going to this given we are already going to wallabies vs Samoa test!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
geerob on the Twitter has said this game is a sellout which screws my plans for tomorrow

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Randwick really trying hard. Defended well for the opening 20 minutes. Haven't had many opportunities or time with the ball.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Don’t mind this Gordon bloke on the wing for Randwick. A by reckless but very energetic.

Reilly the outside centre has had some good involvements.

Freier is completely geriatric, and the rest of the Randwick pack are really struggling.

Puma was look like they’re playing at about 60% and not coming up against much opposition. Although after half time they’ve been less dominant. They did make 10 subs though.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Full time Argentine 74 Randwick 0. Randwick tried hard and had a go but no match. Really enjoyed watching the game seeing some of the Tah kids having a run against an international side. Well done to Argentina playing at a club rugby oval. Great for the game.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Final score 0-74 to Argentina.

Randwick tried hard but couldn’t match the skills, athleticism or fitness of the Pumas. To be expected but when you’ve got Lavini - the Mountain - going against some bloke who looks like my Dad it’s gonna be ugly.

Still can’t believe the Roar tipped Argentina by only 12. This isn’t 1993.

Harris, Gordon, Harrison, Hanigan the pick of the Wicks. Keen to see the first three in Tahs colours. They’ll all need some time in the gym first though. The difference in physiques between the two teams is evident.

Delguy, Creevy, Legezemon the pick of Argentina.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
No comment. Can't say anything good, don't say anything.

Haha I’m biting my tongue. Must stay positive, must stay positive.

Looks like it would’ve been a great day though. The sun is putting on a clinic today and there’s no better bed place to be than Coogee with that weather.

Great awareness for the game.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
No comment. Can't say anything good, don't say anything.

well i'm going to bite, to suggest there is nothing positive to take out of a game like this is pretty cynical IMO, it was great to see fans flocking to a club ground to watch one of the world cup teams play the local club side, and the end result was exactly as anticipated as far as i'm concerned.

Also, for many of those Randwick players that will be an experience they never forget, the majority will never get the opportunity to play against a test team ever again.

Surprisingly i heard more people talking about this game during the week then i have heard about the Wallabies playing Samoa this evening.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
well i'm going to bite, to suggest there is nothing positive to take out of a game like this is pretty cynical IMO, it was great to see fans flocking to a club ground to watch one of the world cup teams play the local club side, and the end result was exactly as anticipated as far as i'm concerned.

Also, for many of those Randwick players that will be an experience they never forget, the majority will never get the opportunity to play against a test team ever again.

Surprisingly i heard more people talking about this game during the week then i have heard about the Wallabies playing Samoa this evening.
Yep good to see some of the young blokes who are sons of friends of mine get the experience, but why Wix? Argies would of had stiffer competition playing runner up Rats instead of non finals Wix. Would have been a bumper crowd too. Probs less impact on NRC too

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yep good to see some of the young blokes who are sons of friends of mine get the experience, but why Wix? Argies would of had stiffer competition playing runner up Rats instead of non finals Wix. Would have been a bumper crowd too. Probs less impact on NRC too

Pumas had a training camp in the eastern suburbs, they've been here for a week or so now. Randwick were just convenient as an opposed training session since they're in the area, i don't think they were looking for a brutal or overly competitive encounter otherwise they might have tried for Fiji or someone like that.

Edit: turns out they tried to lock in a trial against Fiji but were unable to do so

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Obviously Ledesma's mate Cheika is a great Wikipedian.

It's only a training run and makes no difference. May as well keep it in the family.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Went out, nice event all in all. Didn’t have a great view from where I was standing given the volume of people but you’d expect that from a local ground holding an international team. Food was very eastern suburbs, no burnt sausages and tip top out at Coogee, gourmet only. Also serving cans was a pro catering move given the usual issues at North Sydney when the kegs run dry 5 minutes before kickoff.

On the game itself, I was surprised by how many of the Pumas’ heavyweights were out there from the start, the size differential was telling, particularly, with a Wicks’ backline that were all 21 or younger. Best for mine were Reilly, Harrison, and the 11 from Gordon (note I had an obscured view most of the time so I may have missed some good/shocking play). James Ramm had a nice few touches late in the game but was hit hard a few times as well. I’m glad the forwards had the use of two Argentinian props because it was a tough asking for them against the likes of Creevy. I thought Ned was a bit soft, certainly wouldn’t have picked him as a recent Wallaby. Bringing Walker on buoyed the crowd when Argentina were running in tries for fun.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I thought Hanigan was pretty soft in some of his contact as well, think it was the second or third try where he was pretty passive in defence which let the man he was marking get an off-load away and setup a try. I thought he would have seen this as a good opportunity to put on some big hits and show the selectors he still demands a spot, if any injuries were to arise during the RWC.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I thought Hanigan was pretty soft in some of his contact as well, think it was the second or third try where he was pretty passive in defence which let the man he was marking get an off-load away and setup a try. I thought he would have seen this as a good opportunity to put on some big hits and show the selectors he still demands a spot, if any injuries were to arise during the RWC.

Yes, I was a bit disappointed he didn't stand up given that the younger blokes put their bodies on the line those first 15 minutes or so to keep Argentina scoreless.

B

Bobby Sands

I saw Hanigan play like Owen Finnegan once.. It was against the Reds & it blew my socks off.

Other than that, I think soft is an accurate representation of his career to data.

Willing, but ultimately very poor in contact.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)

I agree. Hanigan got bumped off a few times too