• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Randwick Vs Argentina 7/9 @ Coogee

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Why? An international side plays a club outfit. The international side are in full training, and are building up for a World Cup. The club side held the internationals scoreless for 20 minutes or so.

If you think that is an awful performance, you need to get out a bit more.
To be fair to HB, I watched it and it was pretty bad. Yes the Wix held them out for 20 minutes but then it was a pocession I don't really know who gained from the game. The Argies got a semi opposed training session, the Wix got smashed, the viewers didn't get a contest and the NSW NRC teams lost a bunch of players. I felt sorry for the players, the days of Randwick having a host of Wallabies playing week to week being able to take om touring teams are long gone.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
On the flip side, 80-90% of the Randwick team won’t ever play any higher than the NRC and now they’ll always have a great story to tell about the time they lined up against world class players in Creevy, Sanchez etc.

Yes, they had 74 put on them but it wasn’t kickoff concede a try, kickoff concede a try, repeat ad nauseam. They held them out for the first 15 and made some line breaks themselves.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Haven't seen the match.

A point a minute is, all by 1 side is pretty comprehensive.

I am sure the Argies were wanting a competitive hit out.

But I will try and get out more.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Yep good to see some of the young blokes who are sons of friends of mine get the experience, but why Wix? Argies would of had stiffer competition playing runner up Rats instead of non finals Wix. Would have been a bumper crowd too. Probs less impact on NRC too

Because the simple fact is Randwick got off their arse and organised it with Argentina. ARU or whatever they are started blowing like you but the simple fact is apathy from others where the Wicks officials made it happen. If you left it to other parts of the shute/nsw/ARU organisationwould it have happened?
Randwick might have not been competitive against an international side, but the crowd and the players enjoyed it immensely.