• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ranfurly Shield, ITM Cup & Heartland Championship: NZ domestic comps 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
After watching North Harbour last couple of weeks, I was a bit intrigued by their 12, Michael Little, his running style is so much like Walter Little's I was wondering, and yes after watching Breakdown where they talked to him he is Walter's boy. Always thought the same with Tom Taylor, it is funny how much alike their running style or gait is to their father's.

G

galumay

Enjoyed Tasman's game, Banks is playing well. Wish we had kickers like that in oz!

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Manawatu v Waikato match is reasonably entertaining at the moment. 14-18 with 25 minutes to go after Waikato skipped away to an 18-0 lead. Mike Ala'alatoa is going OK for the Turbos, bending the defensive line with pretty much every carry.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
And Waikato hold out a determined Manawatu final surge including a couple of minutes of overtime to win 28-21.

Two fine young fly halves from the Kiwi flyhalf factory in Damian McKenzie and Otere Black.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep a good game, and you right about a couple of decent 10s there 2blues, have to say I bit impressed with young Stevenson at 15 for waikato, he only 18, so could develop into a fairly reasonable plaer in a couple of years. In fact he may cost one Z Guildford a chance in the Chiefs squad if he keeps on like he is.
Meant to add it good to see NMS running the water, still being involved with the team.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^^^^^ apart from getting binned :)

@Dan, how are you getting The Breakdown? If by legal means could you post a link or the URL.

Hey my reply button is working again!!
I get on a facebook page, NZ rugby vids WOB, they don't post it evry week, miss the odd one and it doesn't go on until friday often, but I love the show and can usually go back a few weeks to find them. Think they get made to take them down sometimes.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^ I may have to investigate via wifey's FB page. Thanks for the tip.

Missed the early game & most of the Taniwha v Stags, what I've seen looks like a good game, currently Stags up 24-18 with 10 to go.

Heartland results (home team first):

Buller 32-20 King Country (who were once a Div1 side, Pinetree must be crying into his 5oz beer)
East Coast [North Is] 15-60 Poverty Bay
'nua 34-39 Wanganui (& obviously robbed :))
Mid Canty 34-17 South Canty (who were once Div 1 & held the Shield for ~10 days)
North Otago 17-16 West Coast [South Is]
Thames Vally 9-36 Wairarapa-Bush

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
bit impressed with young Stevenson at 15 for waikato, he only 18, so could develop into a fairly reasonable player
Agreed, impressive start to his ITM career, albeit only two games in. Elusive, good runner, excellent boot from the hand. If he can keep a level head and develop further he will be one to watch.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^^^^^ I may have to investigate via wifey's FB page. Thanks for the tip.

Missed the early game & most of the Taniwha v Stags, what I've seen looks like a good game, currently Stags up 24-18 with 10 to go.

Heartland results (home team first):

Buller 32-20 King Country (who were once a Div1 side, Pinetree must be crying into his 5oz beer)
East Coast [North Is] 15-60 Poverty Bay
'nua 34-39 Wanganui (& obviously robbed :))
Mid Canty 34-17 South Canty (who were once Div 1 & held the Shield for ~10 days)
North Otago 17-16 West Coast [South Is]
Thames Vally 9-36 Wairarapa-Bush

Yep well I missed the Taniwha/Stags game, so getting ready to settle in for the Naki/Akld game.

Boy how can a ref be as one eyed as the one obviously was in the Nua game!!!! As we both know WOB, there is a plot in NZ to stop the Mighty Nua from rightfully winning the heartland;)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Make that a Dagg hat trick & 32-8. I'd love to say he's played his way into the RWC squad but that ship probably sailed when first Piutau (who's been named to play TOMORROW (@Dan54 please note :)) then Milner-Skudder had the temerity to look pretty fuckin' awesome in Black............

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well that match certainly opened up in the last 30 minutes with some nice tries. Dagg played well. I've always been a bit of a fan of Richard Buckman but he surprised me with his pace to score his try.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
After watching North Harbour last couple of weeks, I was a bit intrigued by their 12, Michael Little, his running style is so much like Walter Little's I was wondering, and yes after watching Breakdown where they talked to him he is Walter's boy. Always thought the same with Tom Taylor, it is funny how much alike their running style or gait is to their father's.

Brandyn Laursen scored 14 points for 'nua yesterday, I'm guessing he's related to Craig & Don, can you confirm?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep well I missed the Taniwha/Stags game, so getting ready to settle in for the Naki/Akld game.

Boy how can a ref be as one eyed as the one obviously was in the Nua game!!!! As we both know WOB, there is a plot in NZ to stop the Mighty Nua from rightfully winning the heartland;)

Well imagine my surprise when the Naki and Akld came out in colours looking just like Otago and HB:confused:. Wasn't too bad of a game, going to be a good tussle to see who gets out of championship between HB and Wellington I think.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^ The Southlanders need these blokes to run the tee to deal with occurrences like a popped ball.:)
http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/09/30/england-admit-to-cheating-at-rugby-world-cup/

“Two members of the team management, David Alred and Paul Stridgeon, mistakenly thought that there was an issue with some of the match balls,” said a statement from England’s Rugby Football Union (RFU).
“Those team management members took it upon themselves to substitute balls during the match in contravention of both the laws of the game and the spirit of the game.
“The RFU fully accepts that the action of those team management members was incorrect and detrimental to the image of the tournament, the game and to English rugby.”

Status
Not open for further replies.