• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RC4 - Australia v Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
The good thing about being 7th is there’s plenty of upside!

Something has to give now I think, sounds like Tui is the evidence of cracks appearing in the playing group. He’s only just become a wallaby and he wants a break? He did look close to tears after the incident with the fan though.
He's a 21 year old whose dad died 3 days ago and apparently his sister was there and saw it all happen (the crowd thing)

Probably shouldn't have been playing

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Yikes, was Foley open on the wing?

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 10.01.35 pm.png

While this incident will be the most talked about on-field one following the game, the Wallabies had already shot themselves in the foot before this.

The defence will be talked about again and for example look at Delguy's try where it started 80m out and there were some bad misses in that sequence. We knew Argentina would attack and have what appears structured chaos at times, both wingers missed 7 tackles between them.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Fuck me shit is grim.

Its just a game.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Agrred Derpus, it seems to be happening here too much lately, there were reports of angry fans smacking on the window of the coaches box as they left in Sydney Bledisloe. Time for all to take a chill pill! And fellas let's start here, let's go back to old days of Gagger rugby where too much abuse of players refs etc was not accepted!

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
We need centralization and we need it now, no more shute shield final fiasco leading to NRC embarrassment we saw today, no more Rebels governance bullshit, no more NSW/QLD led decisions, no more closed off private school competitions, Canberra Mafia getting away with shit at the Brumbies, no more stock piling of players, no more sending u20s teams to represent the country understrength and under prepared, no more old boys network, no more coaching out of date ideals that the game has moved on from 15yrs ago, could go on. It’s time to get David nucifora or Scott johnson over to oversea all the program, just like they have done in Ireland and Scotland. I’m happy to get behind the players as I genuinely believe they are doing their best it’s the system that’s failing them and I’m not talking about tactics, the players are just a product of the game here where they learn these deficiencies, change these structures and the next gen will be better for it

Isn't this Rod Kafers job, if anyone needs to be held accountable it's Rod Kafer. However he is on the Fox commentary team and what are the chances he will be held accountable by fellow commentators.

Rod Kafer should hand the money back he has been paid!

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
The whole system needs a reboot, but sliding to 7th and potentially further isn't a reflection of where this country should be if the people in the coaching box knew what they were doing.

What if it is, we like to believe that we have good players but maybe we just dont have the skills, fitness, ability and coaching that is better than 7th best.

I would like us t be better but maybe the harsh reality is we just aren't that good.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Cheika will take them to RWC 2019 unless RA get Twiggy to pay him out AND sign an overseas coach on big $$$.

But the again the ARU and RA have presided over this looming train wreck and that’s where the sackings need to start

Reactions: dru

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Isn't this Rod Kafers job, if anyone needs to be held accountable it's Rod Kafer. However he is on the Fox commentary team and what are the chances he will be held accountable by fellow commentators.

Rod Kafer should hand the money back he has been paid!
It isn’t actually his job, his job is to propose a coaching template for people at all levels to implement, has 0 to do with structures etc. Now I’m not a fan of the fox old boys team, but you can clearly hear in his disappointment in the way Aus teams play when he does commentate. If he is the right man for this job or not time will tell, but any changes he makes is going to be missed by most of the current generation as it will probably take a generation to implement. The other issue is that if he does make changes it’s almost impossible to guarantee implementation as Rugby Australia has little control over NSW, QLD, Vic, WA, QLD prems, Shute Shield, School Boys because the constitution means these bodies are all essentially their own and make their own decisions

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Rugby Australia has little control over NSW, QLD, Vic, WA, QLD prems, Shute Shield, School Boys because the constitution means these bodies are all essentially their own and make their own decisions

RA has little control over SS for example, because RA decided to cut them loose. In one of life's great ironies, since RA ceased to be involved the SS has gone from strength to strength.

The essential flaw with the schools-based methodology employed by rugby is that schools aren't rugby academies, they are schools and they play the sports demanded by students and parents. No sporting body can tell schools what to do and schools are governed by a range of education legislation at state and national level.

Trader Vic

Frank Row (1)
I think there is a reality issue here where rugby is the 4th choice football code in a country of 25 million people, with a developing culture of wrapping our kids in cotton wool. Rugby doesn’t have, and is never likely to have, a broad enough grass roots base to consistently produce top tier players or quality coaching staff. As an amateur code (and fledgling professional code) it was easier to mask this fact due to the overall standard of rugby being, well, amateur.

As a professional sport we are extremely unlikely to ever be able to consistently compete against larger nations (or NZ) where rugby has greater public support. Like most sports we play, we generally punch above our weight, but our historical standing as a top tier rugby nation is unlikely to continue as other nations continue to improve.

It speaks volumes to me that we have the two highest paid players in world rugby, yet are 7th in the rankings. That tells me that rugby is struggling desperately to paint a picture that australian rugby is a viable career for professional athletes, but in reality, only a select few will make a decent living out of it.

That said, I totally agree that the structure of RA has massive room for improvement which, if ever capably addressed, would help us get maximum value from the resources we have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Cheika will take them to RWC 2019 unless RA get Twiggy to pay him out AND sign an overseas coach on big $$$.

But the again the ARU and RA have presided over this looming train wreck and that’s where the sackings need to start

I think he will quit

Status
Not open for further replies.