• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 10: Waratahs vs Rebels @ SCG, Saturday 20 April

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If I were to pick a combined team at the moment I could find space for only 4 Tahs in the starting 15 at best - HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Kepu, Hooper & Beale
On paper we are right up against it this week.
Both Clark and Newsome are in better form than Koroibete so that's debatable. I'd also likely take Hunt over Meakes.

BUT Beale doesn't make my combined team on form.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Both Clark and Newsome are in better form than Koroibete so that's debatable. I'd also likely take Hunt over Meakes.

BUT Beale doesn't make my combined team on form.

Yes on Koroibete, but not a lot in it. No on Meakes - he’d be my first pick. In fact I’d keep the Rebels back line (Hunt makes the bench).

Shake up the pigs though - is there a decent scrum between the two packs?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yes on Koroibete, but not a lot in it. No on Meakes - he’d be my first pick. In fact I’d keep the Rebels back line (Hunt makes the bench).

Shake up the pigs though - is there a decent scrum between the two packs?

Just the front row is questionable. Between them Coleman, Philip, Holloway, Jones, Dempsey, Hooper and Naisarani make up an excellent back five.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Man it's such a dire game to watch. I love the fact that neither team is willing to play rugby in their own half, but it doesn't make for great viewing.

The kicking is generally good quality though, and Hodge is looking good so far. A great audition for the Wallaby 15 shirt.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Man it's such a dire game to watch. I love the fact that neither team is willing to play rugby in their own half, but it doesn't make for great viewing.

The kicking is generally good quality though, and Hodge is looking good so far. A great audition for the Wallaby 15 shirt.
Hodge has a try and a goal but I thought has been quiet otherwise. Beale has made a huge impact and been almost faultless, I reckon he is winning the 15 battle at the moment. Quade is winning the battle of the 10s though and I reckon Simmons has been the best of the locks

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
Does Jake Gordon know that scrumhalves are allowed to be involved in rucks? The Tahs have had two pilfers against them because Gordon just stood a foot away and watched.