• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RD 15: Sunwolves v Rebels

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Not sure JU will play last three games. I expect Rangi will come back in and Roach would be unlucky to be dropped.

Never rated Roach highly even when at the Tahs. I think the power of Uelese and the madness of Rangi will be required for the Tahs next weekend.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
they need to be throwing practice lineouts in the warmup area like a baseball bullpen

Rangi and Roach always seem to park on the 22 right in front of my seating bay, throwing warm ups for about 10min before each match. A thing of beauty.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ring rust? What was what Uelese's injury? knee reconstruction? He should have come back a better thrower. One of the few rugby activities you can practice while injured.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Ring rust? What was what Uelese's injury? knee reconstruction? He should have come back a better thrower. One of the few rugby activities you can practice while injured.

Can practice all you like, throwing under pressure in a match with real jumpers is a lot different than hitting the goal post side on 100 times in a row.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Can practice all you like, throwing under pressure in a match with real jumpers is a lot different than hitting the goal post side on 100 times in a row.

thanks coach. Why couldn't he throw with real jumpers at training? Seems a massive deficiency in his game that he couod have been working on. Clearly hasn't

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
thanks coach. Why couldn't he throw with real jumpers at training? Seems a massive deficiency in his game that he couod have been working on. Clearly hasn't
There is a summation of force from your legs into most throwing. I've never thrown a lineout but played a decent level of bball and did and ACL last 13 months ago, the small movement control there makes it harder to consistently output the 'length' of the throw. I don't know how good he was pre injury but he'll get back to that level in less than 2 months if that's all that's going on.

I think Kevino is talking about the 'Bob Dwyer perfect practise' argument that you can practice til you drop but if its not as game like as possible things still can go to shit.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
not concerned about the length of his throw. I'm concerned about the accuracy of his throw. .

ANd I've thrown into a lineout plenty of times...

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
Let’s remember we are talking about a sample size of 2/3 throws
I don't think Ulese should be anywhere near anything other than pipping Roach for a bench spot unless there is some quantifiable effect he has on the game. Monstering the SW scrum as a sub is only a tick however as he probably carried Ainsley.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I don't think Ulese should be anywhere near anything other than pipping Roach for a bench spot unless there is some quantifiable effect he has on the game. Monstering the SW scrum as a sub is only a tick however as he probably carried Ainsley.
He's a wallaby, we know he's a better player than Roach and Rangi. He may not deserve to take their spot on the bench or in the team, but he will. Getting him back to playing 60 minutes is in the interests of the Rebels and Australia.

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
I have two wallaby picks. FF (Folau Fainga'a) and Mafi. Ulese could very much get in there. I'm open, I'm a Wallabies fan and the Rebels are my son's team so I have a soft spot for them, but I think Ulese has got to do what the image says.
501459.jpg