• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RD 16: QLD v JAGUARES (AKA Argentina) - Lang Park 1/6 7.45

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Look I’m not interested in starting a debate over this, but quick google search makes it pretty inconclusive if we are being fair
If a quick google search is about as deep as you go, I'm not surprised you reach that conclusion.

S

Show-n-go

It’s indigenous round mate.. it’s about reconciliation not about you enjoying the show. How about you consider the indigenous rugby players and supporters about what it does for them and factor that into the discussion.

Yea and awesome, stop having such a emotional response to a conversation. I don’t need to factor them in to my discussion because I’m not speaking on behalf of them, if other people like it that’s fine, if it does something for indigenous people that’s great....it doesn’t do anything for me, and you can’t guilt trip me into having a positive emotional response to it, it just doesn’t do anything for me and I find it a bit pointless

S

Show-n-go

If a quick google search is about as deep as you go, I'm not surprised you reach that conclusion.

I’m sorry how long did you spend educating yourself on the subject?

B

Bobby Sands

Yea and awesome, stop having such a emotional response to a conversation. I don’t need to factor them in to my discussion because I’m not speaking on behalf of them, if other people like it that’s fine, if it does something for indigenous people that’s great..it doesn’t do anything for me, and you can’t guilt trip me into having a positive emotional response to it, it just doesn’t do anything for me and I find it a bit pointless

..... :-(

B

Bobby Sands

I agree. The All Blacks embraced their nations heritage to their distinct advantage. We should do the same.

I think we missed the boat on that by a few hundred years by not considering a treaty even if the agreement wasn’t worth the papyrus it was inscribed on.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yea and awesome, stop having such a emotional response to a conversation. I don’t need to factor them in to my discussion because I’m not speaking on behalf of them, if other people like it that’s fine, if it does something for indigenous people that’s great..it doesn’t do anything for me, and you can’t guilt trip me into having a positive emotional response to it, it just doesn’t do anything for me and I find it a bit pointless

nothing emotional there mate, just been pragmatic and urging you to consider indigenous perspectives and the actual reason of indigenous round so we can have an objective discussion on the matter. I think it’s silly to have a discussion about the value of indigenous round activities if we aren’t going to consider the reasons why we have a reconciliation week to start with.

If you didn’t take anything out of it then that’s fine, but does that make it ‘pointless’? No it doesn’t