• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RD 6 2017: The Auckland Blues VS The Western Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Well the Rebels getting flogged is a good omen for us. What would've been the chances of two strong performances by Aussies over the NZ teams.

Forceright

Allen Oxlade (6)
Be careful what you wish for. Personally felt bad for the Rebels, can't work out why they didn't want to fire, or couldn't. Hope it's not a rerun of that tomorrow!

M

Moono75

You don't need to be taught attitude, you can bring it each and every game. Come out and play with a nasty disposition, front foot, tackle hard and be clinical. Every W from here on in turns up the heat on the ARU for throwing Australian Rugby under the bus.

kickedmyheight

Frank Nicholson (4)
We have chosen a very aggressive pack which is a good sign that the attitude will be there. M.Hodgson at 7 is just immense, good as Koteka is, Hodgson just gives more mongrel. Isa and RHP is the biggest and most aggressive 6-8 combo we have played this year. Richie Arnold has the size (yet to see about the attitude) to cause havoc. Phillip is proving very handy/disruptive and any front row with TPN in the middle is going to have some impact.

Lets hope we can avoid silly penalties and yellow cards and Dane can kick a bit better than Jono did last week and we might be in with a shot!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The Rebels' game last night should have no bearing on the outcome of this game. While the Rebels looked completely dispirited, it will be attitude that the Force players come out with that will determine how they go. If they are strong and accurate, they will be competitive and maybe even jag the win. If their heads go down and they throw in the towel, and if in turn the Tahs and Reds are routed this weekend then I'm afraid there won't be much hope left for the sorry lot of Aussie fans we are.

C'mon Force. You can do it.

N

NTT

Force to give it everything they got. Force by 14 pts.
Then a hearty rendition of this long lost classic :

Shout out, everyone
Come on, bring it on
We are in this together
Fighting side by side
Full of western pride
Lifting each other higher

It's our time
Cross the line
Come on!

This is our town
Standing as one
We will never come undone
Brothers we are
Strong together
With the western sun
The force will never come undone

People, can you hear
Listen, have no fear
Reach for the winning feeling
We are here to stay
Committed in every way
It's gotta be all or nothing

It's our time
Cross the line
Come on!

This is our town
Standing as one
We will never come undone
Brothers we are
Strong together
With the western sun
The force will never come undone

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
The Rebels' game last night should have no bearing on the outcome of this game.

Maybe not for the Force but it does for the Blues. They have to win this match if they want to have any hope in the NZ conference. They've also already dropped one at home, so a second loss could almost be season over. If they didn't have enough motivation already, they certainly should do now.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Both sides with some good defence. Blues couldn't run it out of their 22 and knock on

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Lowrance is coming off. Something wrong with the knee. What a shame

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Blues not releasing a few times here. They are not giving the force an opertunity to release the ball. Force take 3 points. 3 nil

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Tackle in the air from the restart. Nothing bad in it but a penalty

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Jeez force are here to play. 19 phases and a line break and getting close. Turned over and scrum for the blues

Status
Not open for further replies.